1 million on Jones

Icon73

So if I bet for 200k and OSP wins, I get 1 million, but if Jones wins, I only lose the 200k right?

IF so , I'm up for it . OSP is unpredicatable and can cause a gigantic upset, alltough the chances are slim obviously. But do not underestimate OSP anyway, he is one hell of an athlete, with unorthodox skills that are hard to deal with in a strange way.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Bjorn you are risking with your money big time! Good luck to you though.

Let me explain you my way of thinking ;)

1) 200k can turn into 1 million for me

2) worst case , I lose 200k

3) anyone can be beaten, including the guy I think is probably the greatest of all time.

4) OSP has good reach and packs a big punch. He can KO while he is walking back .

5) OSP is a great athlete, but unorthodox with his striking. That means he throws stuff at angles people don't expect, so dangerous guy.

6) He has a great knowledge of submissions it seems. If Jones takes him down ( very likely to happen), he isn't out of the fight just yet .

So lets see :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lesson: Don't let odds sway you into betting on underdogs.

Only bet on the fighter you think will win.

Underdog bets are good when they shouldn't be underdogs. See: Rose namajunas VS Paige VanZant

http://rlv.zcache.com/captain_hindsight_tee_shirt-raa6f660188ff47959ba67290bc414658_jgn5i_1024.jpg?rlvnet=1

• Upvote 1

Lesson: Don't let odds sway you into betting on underdogs.

Only bet on the fighter you think will win.

This is good advice for casual gamblers, who aren't actually trying to make a profit, but make bets to have fun.

I used to be a casual sports bet gambler. I was trying to pick winners. When I finally realized that the only way to make a long term profit is to do exactly what you say not to do, I pretty much quit betting on sports. When you know that you need to remove all emotion from the bet, and even put you entire bankroll on the line for your favorite team to lose if the price is good enough, it effectively sucks the fun out of it. At least for me it did.

This is good advice for casual gamblers, who aren't actually trying to make a profit, but make bets to have fun.

I used to be a casual sports bet gambler. I was trying to pick winners. When I finally realized that the only way to make a long term profit is to do exactly what you say not to do, I pretty much quit betting on sports. When you know that you need to remove all emotion from the bet, and even put you entire bankroll on the line for your favorite team to lose if the price is good enough, it effectively sucks the fun out of it. At least for me it did.

Lucca Fury seems to make money by finding underdogs who are wrongly underrated.

You need to exploit the public's ignorance (which is in abundant supply in MMA) - everyone bets on a guy like brock lesnar, sage northcutt, etc. because they're popular and you bet on their opponents when they run into someone they can't handle.

Of course that's the easy way. Lucca also does all this crazy shit with parlays and prop bets that are a bit beyond me.