Speed up the game!

sabaton

I know this has been discussed in the past. I'm going to promote this idea based on a different factor.

Making Mike Tycoon more money!

If the game is faster, fighters will retire faster. This would result in more fighters getting dropped early and more 16-17 year olds getting created. Both of these cost VIP. So the more these things are done, the more money the game will be bringing in.

IMO, fighters should be able and fight every weekend.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

I like the current pace. Speeding up training so a fighter is near maxed out around 23 is how I would do it.

This.

I love the speed of the game as well. It's a nice pace and not overwhelming where you fall behind if you have a family and a job and a busy personal life. It's nice to be able to not log on for a couple days and not have shit fucked up. Speeding up training so you can cap out quicker would help with more frequent fights and people quitting because training takes too long. I mean it takes forever to get a new project off the ground and fight ready.

One of the attractions to this game, beside the challenge, is the pace. I used to play games that required constant attention and that's what this would become if it was sped up.

JMO

• Upvote 2

This.

I love the speed of the game as well. It's a nice pace and not overwhelming where you fall behind if you have a family and a job and a busy personal life. It's nice to be able to not log on for a couple days and not have shit fucked up.

Couldn't agree more.

While my original suggestion was for a much faster game in all aspects, think about this aspect...

Mike is currently trying to figure out if we should lower the skill cap.

If you speed up the game by, for example, 1 year = 6 weeks instead of 12, Fighters are not going to reach max. They'll simply age too quickly. This would force parity with fighter builds. You won't have the time to train a quad elite fighter. No need to change the cap.

I am not suggesting changing just the game years to 6 weeks! It's just an example of how speeding up the game time could keep Mike from mucking with the skill cap, but achieve the same goal, and also forcing fighters to retire more quickly at the same time, which would generate more game cash for Mike.

In this scenario, (without doing the math for how long it might take a fighter to max) I would think a good speed would be to cut the game year to 8-10 weeks, plus (maybe) a slight training boost, and quicker energy recovery. For the most part when you're in an org, your fighter is going to fight once a month. Speed up the game year but also allow for slightly quicker learning and energy recovery, then fighters could more optimally fight, say, every 3 weeks. Why do we think it is fun fighting once a month? This is supposed to be a fighting game. Not a training game.

A smaller, quicker version of MMATycoon would definitely be an awesome alternative but I suspect the amount of time and energy then cost of another server would be too immense to even consider.

• Upvote 1

Everybody jumps to conclusions when they see "the game speed up". As of right now, if you miss a week, two, or three... you're in a much bigger hole than your opponent. Hell a few months of training is damn near automatic sack and retire for a slow learner regardless of hiddens.

If the game were sped up, it would be WAY easier to catch up. If you went inactive for 2-3 months and came back and all your fighters haven't been training because they ran out of money... it wouldn't take nearly as long to rebuild all of them to a reasonable level before they can fight again.

Just because the game sped up, and it allows people to fight even more frequently etc... doesn't mean that would be the desired case for everybody. Literally nothing would change except fighter rollover rate, and the pace it would take to max out skill cap. Just because a handful of people are down for fighting every week, doesn't mean the majority would have to. and fighter records would look much more realistic. Instead of 55-15 for every top fighter. You would end up with 30-2 or 35-5 etc. Name one UFC Hall of Famer that has 40+ wins.

Seriously if the game were sped up, fighter age and training speed, you would be out nothing. you would just see your projects ready to fight sooner (because of increase in skills gained) and if you ever took a break or anything, instead of resacking entire roster for missing a couple months, you could just re-train them back much quicker and it be a reasonable option. you wouldn't have to fight any more frequently or change your preferred pace of the game any more than it is now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

A second speedy server would be a better idea.

The only thing that would worry me is if one server would become vastly more popular than the other, thus effectively killing the less popular server. For instance, if the speedy server becomes more popular, then it will only be the people with established fighters and time put in on this server fighting each other... would be bad for the economy, businesses, and people that put in the time on here.

I'd be more inclined if there was a special season of The Island that was faster, but the fighters would have a hugely unfair advantage over the regular player base which is also not acceptable.

Everybody jumps to conclusions when they see "the game speed up". As of right now, if you miss a week, two, or three... you're in a much bigger hole than your opponent. Hell a few months of training is damn near automatic sack and retire for a slow learner regardless of hiddens.

If the game were sped up, it would be WAY easier to catch up. If you went inactive for 2-3 months and came back and all your fighters haven't been training because they ran out of money... it wouldn't take nearly as long to rebuild all of them to a reasonable level before they can fight again.

Just because the game sped up, and it allows people to fight even more frequently etc... doesn't mean that would be the desired case for everybody. Literally nothing would change except fighter rollover rate, and the pace it would take to max out skill cap. Just because a handful of people are down for fighting every week, doesn't mean the majority would have to. and fighter records would look much more realistic. Instead of 55-15 for every top fighter. You would end up with 30-2 or 35-5 etc. Name one UFC Hall of Famer that has 40+ wins.

Seriously if the game were sped up, fighter age and training speed, you would be out nothing. you would just see your projects ready to fight sooner (because of increase in skills gained) and if you ever took a break or anything, instead of resacking entire roster for missing a couple months, you could just re-train them back much quicker and it be a reasonable option. you wouldn't have to fight any more frequently or change your preferred pace of the game any more than it is now.

While I agree with the premise of this idea, it mainly benefits the casual player who has never reached the pinnacle of the game. This would effectively cheapen being near the top, as it would lessen the effort required to bring fighters to that level.

I would rather see Mike work on fixing the issues with public gyms, because it's damned near impossible to get decent low level training in a lot of cities on starter pay right now. It's pretty hard for a new manager to start out... they essentially have to create a bunch of 25 year olds, throw them into fight rotation to afford being able to cram themselves into a generally overpopulated $1000/week public gym, get very little in the way of effective training, and hope they don't take so many horrible losses that they become disenfranchised with the game as a whole. I believe the latter point I made here is why you see so many low level accounts come and go without giving the game a chance... not a lot of people want to casually play a game that they suck at.

This is a bit off topic, so feel free to ignore this next point, but I wouldn't mind seeing some type of amateur league for accounts with less than a certain amount of historic fights. For newer accounts, their fighters can start out as an amateur, beating up bots with different difficulties/skill sets, but are generally one dimensional, along with a sort of tutorial that helps them game plan against said opponent. Meanwhile, their fighter gets basic training and guidance in such a thing along the way. The end of the "amateur career" or tutorial mode would have them challenging their fighter against the "amateur champion", a well rounded and moderately dangerous bot. They're given game plan suggestions, and they can win or lose based on what they've learned, how good their fighter really is, etc. None of this would really give them a huge bonus or anything when their pro career starts, it would mostly be to give them an idea of how to use different training/styles with their fighter. Maybe as an amateur, they're given different things, such as a minor computer generated sponsorship, etc., to get them a general idea of how different stuff works.

It's far fetched, but I know that to get somebody addicted, you have to give them some early minor rewards... activate the pleasure center of that brain.

• Upvote 1

While I agree with the premise of this idea, it mainly benefits the casual player who has never reached the pinnacle of the game. This would effectively cheapen being near the top, as it would lessen the effort required to bring fighters to that level.

I would rather see Mike work on fixing the issues with public gyms, because it's damned near impossible to get decent low level training in a lot of cities on starter pay right now. It's pretty hard for a new manager to start out... they essentially have to create a bunch of 25 year olds, throw them into fight rotation to afford being able to cram themselves into a generally overpopulated $1000/week public gym, get very little in the way of effective training, and hope they don't take so many horrible losses that they become disenfranchised with the game as a whole. I believe the latter point I made here is why you see so many low level accounts come and go without giving the game a chance... not a lot of people want to casually play a game that they suck at.

This is a bit off topic, so feel free to ignore this next point, but I wouldn't mind seeing some type of amateur league for accounts with less than a certain amount of historic fights. For newer accounts, their fighters can start out as an amateur, beating up bots with different difficulties/skill sets, but are generally one dimensional, along with a sort of tutorial that helps them game plan against said opponent. Meanwhile, their fighter gets basic training and guidance in such a thing along the way. The end of the "amateur career" or tutorial mode would have them challenging their fighter against the "amateur champion", a well rounded and moderately dangerous bot. They're given game plan suggestions, and they can win or lose based on what they've learned, how good their fighter really is, etc. None of this would really give them a huge bonus or anything when their pro career starts, it would mostly be to give them an idea of how to use different training/styles with their fighter. Maybe as an amateur, they're given different things, such as a minor computer generated sponsorship, etc., to get them a general idea of how different stuff works.

It's far fetched, but I know that to get somebody addicted, you have to give them some early minor rewards... activate the pleasure center of that brain.

It's mainly because the game is so damn slow they don't see any progress and realize it's not worth the months, maybe years they'd have to stick around to get a guy with stats they see on the main page or the rankings page.

• Downvote 1

2015-02-03 that's the date of one of my first fighter since i started over. It's from his first fight with ussually I have 2 weeks after creation or something like that.

he is currently at 2170,5 points or 62,9% todays date is 2016-06-18.

Short of the short, I've grown tired of waiting. I'm not much for picking up FA and I'm moving on to play other games. I still logon but after 5 years in game. THIS is the reason why my wallet will not open for more VIP time. It is what it is but I'm done waiting. Once this batch of fighter has reached the full potential and it's time to let them go it's the end for me. I'm not waiting 2 years for the next generation, period. Gl & Hf

• Downvote 1

The only thing that would worry me is if one server would become vastly more popular than the other, thus effectively killing the less popular server. For instance, if the speedy server becomes more popular, then it will only be the people with established fighters and time put in on this server fighting each other... would be bad for the economy, businesses, and people that put in the time on here.

I'd be more inclined if there was a special season of The Island that was faster, but the fighters would have a hugely unfair advantage over the regular player base which is also not acceptable.

you got a really good point here

2015-02-03 that's the date of one of my first fighter since i started over. It's from his first fight with ussually I have 2 weeks after creation or something like that.

Short of the short, I've grown tired of waiting. I'm not much for picking up FA and I'm moving on to play other games. I still logon but after 5 years in game. THIS is the reason why my wallet will not open for more VIP time. It is what it is but I'm done waiting. Once this batch of fighter has reached the full potential and it's time to let them go it's the end for me. I'm not waiting 2 years for the next generation, period. Gl & Hf

Exactly! As I previously eluded to, this is supposed to be a FIGHTING game, not a training game. Why are we spending 2+ years to train a fighter? Why do fighters not max out until they are 28years old or older? They should be getting closer to max MUCH more quickly, then take a while to truly max out. You should be able to reach, roughly, Quad Sensational by age 22-23. Then have it take a few more years to get those final 10 points.

The majority are in the same boat as you and always have been. It's impossible to even pay casually and ever get into it at that slow of a pace. You can play casually and compete if the training speed was quicker without it being a burden and a must to set training.

Exactly! As I previously eluded to, this is supposed to be a FIGHTING game, not a training game. Why are we spending 2+ years to train a fighter? Why do fighters not max out until they are 28years old or older? They should be getting closer to max MUCH more quickly, then take a while to truly max out. You should be able to reach, roughly, Quad Sensational by age 22-23. Then have it take a few more years to get those final 10 points.

Yeah, training and fighter rollover should be much quicker. Common sense. Just because training and fighter age progressed quicker, it doesn't mean anybody has to do anything any differently than they are doing now.