GSP ends Hiatus

JLP

It was obvious he was gonna return eventually after all the talk about him lately. On the go right now so can't read the article but I'm hoping he fights bisping. I know they are both different weightclasses but as a bisping fan I want him to take as many of the biggest names there are while he is still fighting!

My body is ready! I hope his knees are. God I can't wait. GSP is one of my favorite fighters to watch. A refined, uninjured version might just freight train 170. He might take some 185 fights because he doesn't want to cut a bunch, who knows what he has up his sleeve. I bet his jiu jitsu is way better (Danaher for so long now). Hopefully he doesn't come in rusty and still has his timing.

• Upvote 1

I like GSP's chances against Bisping if it happened but not against other MW's. And Thompson would be a scary fight for GSP.

This new version of Wonderboy looks like maybe the best fighter we've seen in a while. He has really stopped up his holes and just looks unbeatable right now.

GSP would need at least a fight before a killer like Wonderboy. I think Wonderboy would smash Bisping and GSP has a good chance too.

I think GSP would do better than Rory vs thompson. rory Gameplan and way of fighting was bad strategy.

100% agree with you. Rory had a bad strategy, GSP wouldn't have a bad strategy.

I like GSP's chances against Bisping if it happened but not against other MW's. And Thompson would be a scary fight for GSP.

GSP would beat Thompson pretty easily in my opinion. Thompson is overrated. Yeah, he is a scary accurate striker, but he is a counter guy. If you cut him off and put him with his back against the cage, you can dismantle him, take him down and finish it. It takes a good mix of patience and aggression, but it's not impossible at all. GSP would beat him, I'm very confident in that.

GSP would beat Thompson pretty easily in my opinion. Thompson is overrated. Yeah, he is a scary accurate striker, but he is a counter guy. If you cut him off and put him with his back against the cage, you can dismantle him, take him down and finish it. It takes a good mix of patience and aggression, but it's not impossible at all. GSP would beat him, I'm very confident in that.

+1 and also looks his fucking leg, any guy with muay they would crush him just switch stance and kick his leg or even his back with how far he is turned the guy almost fighting giving his back so there is no way he avoid those. Pretty sure cerone could beat him in a goo day.

I'm one of the biggest GSP marks you will ever find. I do not think GSP would have a good time right now vs Wonderboy though...

Wonderboy is doing some shit that we haven't seen much of. Its not like he's a ninja, or doing things that haven't been done before. It's just that he is super fight smart and has a different look and almost perfect technique, along with having a large frame. His rotations off of his striking are smarter and different. Always going away from the takedown as well as the power hand on his exits. Anyone who tries to cut him off when he exits or enters, just gets rocked because he knows he can't get taken down on an off angle and his striking is monster. It's like he's in the matrix and he just knows where their angles are and stops it immediately. I saw the fight he lost, and those holes are already gone. Rory is one of the baddest dudes on the planet and I thought Wonderboy made him look bad.

GSP is the man. He could strike and go into his perfect timed td's and get some nasty gnp and stop or slow Wonderboy so he can't do his shit. I understand that. I would never bet on this fight, but if it was my life I'm not really sure who I'd bet on. GSP and his perfect gameplans, technique, spacing, team and quickness? Or Wonderboy and his seemingly unstoppable takedown defense and striking/spacing awareness along with a larger frame and almost perfect technique as well? I think GSP jabs a lot and gets smashed if he doesn't have a perfect gameplan otherwise. GSP would probably have to wall n stall at just the right moments or he'd get too damaged by post Brown Wonderboy.

Lawler is a badass motherfucker but I don't think GSP or Wonderboy would have much trouble with him because styles make fights. That is unless GSP comes back in full rehab "I fucked my career by time off and injuries" mode. I don't think he will though, because it is GSP. He's nobody's bitch and has always been game. He won't come back without a fully loaded gun. Too much money and pride on the line. He's rich enough to never fight again according to the Egg. He obviously sees fights he can win and wants to get that done and make the money and get his name back.

I'm one of the biggest GSP marks you will ever find. I do not think GSP would have a good time right now vs Wonderboy though...

Wonderboy is doing some shit that we haven't seen much of. Its not like he's a ninja, or doing things that haven't been done before. It's just that he is super fight smart and has a different look and almost perfect technique, along with having a large frame. His rotations off of his striking are smarter and different. Always going away from the takedown as well as the power hand on his exits. Anyone who tries to cut him off when he exits or enters, just gets rocked because he knows he can't get taken down on an off angle and his striking is monster. It's like he's in the matrix and he just knows where their angles are and stops it immediately. I saw the fight he lost, and those holes are already gone. Rory is one of the baddest dudes on the planet and I thought Wonderboy made him look bad.

GSP is the man. He could strike and go into his perfect timed td's and get some nasty gnp and stop or slow Wonderboy so he can't do his shit. I understand that. I would never bet on this fight, but if it was my life I'm not really sure who I'd bet on. GSP and his perfect gameplans, technique, spacing, team and quickness? Or Wonderboy and his seemingly unstoppable takedown defense and striking/spacing awareness along with a larger frame and almost perfect technique as well? I think GSP jabs a lot and gets smashed if he doesn't have a perfect gameplan otherwise. GSP would probably have to wall n stall at just the right moments or he'd get too damaged by post Brown Wonderboy.

Lawler is a badass motherfucker but I don't think GSP or Wonderboy would have much trouble with him because styles make fights. That is unless GSP comes back in full rehab "I fucked my career by time off and injuries" mode. I don't think he will though, because it is GSP. He's nobody's bitch and has always been game. He won't come back without a fully loaded gun. Too much money and pride on the line. He's rich enough to never fight again according to the Egg. He obviously sees fights he can win and wants to get that done and make the money and get his name back.

Wonderboy looked fantastic but Rory's game plan was just awful. To only go for like 2 takedowns is just ridiculous. GSP has the most explosive and better timed takedowns of almost anyone in history so I would bet on him taking Wonderboy down. It wouldn't be any easy fight by any means but GSP is too smart and skilled IMO to bet against him even at this point.

I don't think Wonderboy is overrated but I think he's being put on a too high of a pedestal which he hasn't quite earned. Hendricks played right into his game like Ronda with Holm and Rory had an awful gameplan. We need to see him in a tough fight against a top guy who isn't being an idiot. GSP would push him and we would see how big his holes really are.

I don't think in any way Wonderboy is overrated, he has proved over and over and worked his way up through competition through a number of years.. He is peaking now, and he is scary... Who does that shit to Rory and Hendricks, good gameplan or bad? Wonderboy is amazing.

He is amazing like Machida was amazing at his best because their opponents didn't figured yet how to beat him. For sure he beat Rory but it was far from a finish or a total domination.

He lost to Matt Brown because Matt Brown isn't the guy who will respect his striking and fight in his confort zone he will push you and fight where he is good. Recent thompson's opponents didn't do that.

This new version of Wonderboy looks like maybe the best fighter we've seen in a while. He has really stopped up his holes and just looks unbeatable right now.

GSP would need at least a fight before a killer like Wonderboy. I think Wonderboy would smash Bisping and GSP has a good chance too.

Wonderboy is a killer... I don't know who can stop him currently.

Bisping is easy target for anyone that can go up to that category... that's why everyone is calling him