Free Agent List

Scott was smart to do this, would of been dumb not to. Anyone else would of done the same if they had the room and the rank.

It does point out a small error in the system as someone who was ranked 3rd in the game couldn't have even gotten one of them. I would support a change for someone to have a limit of like 3 free agents a day or something as picking up an entire roster does seem a bit much but it was pretty lulz. Kudos to Davies for seizing the moment.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This is the reason why high ranked managers should get dropped to the bottom when they pick up a fighter. It gives a more even playing field for newish people to shoot for a lucky star and pay attention the the free agent list. It would also make it harder for people to grab/release fighters with money (not in this case, but in general). I'm all for getting new people into the game with decent fighters.

There needs to be a queue that cycles everyone. You pick up a FA then you go to the bottom of the queue. You wait. You make your way up the queue. VIP managers will always be higher in the queue than non-vip managers. Only way to get into the queue is by having VIP. Any lapse in VIP and you get dropped out of the queue. Coming back in you enter at the bottom again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How about this. Each manager is given 1000 points per week to assign. You could load up all on one fighter. Or distribute out accordingly at your own discretion. Highest ranked manager is tie break.

Fighters could be handed out on sunday nights at once. Give ppl something to be on about on sundays with nothing else going on.

No, no, and no.

You're not getting the best of the best FA's unless you're ranked #1. Get over it. No changing anything, nothing is happening, stop whining and making stupid suggestions. There's nothing wrong or flawed with the system. Highest rank gets dibs. Pretty simple. No restrictions needed or necessary.

If there were to be a different design, it would have to be an NBA lottery type system where the highest rank gets the highest % of getting them. That's the only logical solution. Everything else is just kinda retarded.

imho I don't really think this is gonna make that big of a difference for Davies. He was #1 before he got them, he'll probably be #100 by the time all of them start fighting consistently.

• Upvote 4

No, no, and no.

You're not getting the best of the best FA's unless you're ranked #1. Get over it. No changing anything, nothing is happening, stop whining and making stupid suggestions. There's nothing wrong or flawed with the system. Highest rank gets dibs. Pretty simple. No restrictions needed or necessary.

If there were to be a different design, it would have to be an NBA lottery type system where the highest rank gets the highest % of getting them. That's the only logical solution. Everything else is just kinda retarded.

imho I don't really think this is gonna make that big of a difference for Davies. He was #1 before he got them, he'll probably be #100 by the time all of them start fighting consistently.

I like the NBA lottery idea. But like everyone said, it's all part of the game. Rise up to number 1 if we want our free agents.

Christ, granted Scott is great bloke, he's my mate and he is a taff, granted everyone would do what Scott did.

A more equitable system for allocating FAs is all guys are after.

Personally I pick up young uns , shit ones, train em, lose interest, discover they are beyond help, cut em and create my own, so I'm totally unbiased on this.

• Upvote 2

This is the reward you get for being so high ranked, i don't see what other benefits you get being one of the top managers besides this. Also what reason exactly should people not be allowed to pick up as many FA's as they want a day besides other people being jealous or wanting the same guy?

Scott has been around along time and put a lot of effort into the game. I would get the complaining if someone just made an account and can crushed their way to the top to only get FA's (I'm not even sure you can do this anymore) but this is completely different. If the number one manager has or clears enough space on his roster to pick them up then i don't see a problem myself.

No, no, and no.

1-1 so far first fight last night ended in a dominated decision win somehow g dino could nt do ??

This is the reward you get for being so high ranked, i don't see what other benefits you get being one of the top managers besides this. Also what reason exactly should people not be allowed to pick up as many FA's as they want a day besides other people being jealous or wanting the same guy?

Scott has been around along time and put a lot of effort into the game. I would get the complaining if someone just made an account and can crushed their way to the top to only get FA's (I'm not even sure you can do this anymore) but this is completely different. If the number one manager has or clears enough space on his roster to pick them up then i don't see a problem myself.

Ok. First of all I was highlighting a flaw in a system, not dissing on Scott. I would do exactly what he did under the current system. I've only been around a year or so and I have a huge amount of respect for what other people have put into the game. I agree that good managers should get some benefits.

If i'm top 10, I have a shot at getting 1+ mio cash off a fighter, or a fucking world beater when someone rage quits, or just decides they don't have time, or just doesn't realize it. Or I get a whole new stable without waiting a year or more (still no diss to Scott at all).

If i'm top 50, I have a shot at getting some of the shit the best guys who've been around forever and are already at the top don't want. That is cool because there are still fighters to be had. Same goes for top 100. Basically decent fighters with maybe ok contracts that are probably not worth much because they are ditched by top 1-50. Also these fighters are very highly exploited by org managers that know that the new managers that picked up an ok guy don't know shit.

Under the system I proposed, even looser would be 1 fighter a day/etc, which I would totally be happy with. It would allow middling managers to get fighters sometimes. Anyway, under the current system, people outside the very small elite have a slim chance at grabbing decent fighters and to learn from it while simultaneously playing against good managers. Even though this is MMA "TYCOON", I don't think it is healthy or alright for a small group of individuals to hold a massive advantage game side, when their slider/build experience is already a TREMENDOUS advantage in fights due to time in game and raw number of fights. Always getting the best fighters with best hiddens (because you've learned about it) shouldn't be a foregone conclusion for people at the top. That is a monopoly. It isn't fun for most people and there is little chance of big success if you're not an old schooler. If it is going to stay a slow game, we have to let people who do the work have a chance at the middle/top without spending a few years of their life just guessing/fighting or researching the rng. (I don't want people to be reliant on an Alliance to explain every detail they have collectively figured out, its elitist, which isn't good for most game's longevity). (Maybe my alliance sucks but we don't do a shitload of info trading, in fact Mickey doesn't like it at all)

I understand many of you at the top have played this game for years and that you also understand all of the changes/nuances, because you've put in a shit load of work. I don't agree that it should be a stranglehold for the top though. What you top guys are claiming that works, which is the current system and certain proposed systems, is that it is ok for the top guys to pick the top fighters and rarely/cleanly have to change their rosters based on engine knowledge and longevity in the game. Your argument is that it is ok for top guys to pick top guys every time the engine changes. That's not healthy. If I was Wolf, (not dissing you man, respeck) I wouldn't be fucking around and I would be grabbing hot FA's that don't match his normal style when the engine changes. Why wouldn't he? That would just help cement his legacy. He's a malleable manager and can fight anywhere, so what is to stop that? IMO he shouldn't get all the best picks, maybe one or two maximum. He can win (many others too) with his knowledge and time spent. Stacked decks aren't fun for anyone but the stacker though. (Again no diss Wolf, you're a great manager and a respectful dude and I'm sure you can demolish lots of managers with intelligence and sliders, I just think someone in your position is at too large of an advantage long term under the current FA system, I doubt you abuse it) There are other less respectable managers I've seen that obviously duck fights and only poach great FA's and hardly ever build their own fighters. Whatever, it is all in the game.

I would like to able to compete with the monsters within a year, instead it will probably take me two. That is not good. I got lucky and got to fight some of them with my FA pickups that were shit and declining, which taught me a ton about the game and motivated me to keep truckin. I have learned since then. I doubt many people will be as tenacious as I have been. I would love it if there were more people that came though. I think the changes I proposed would be well accepted by a normal dude who likes MMA and wants to play a game. I also know that an entrenched group of people won't like it because they'll have to guess and learn instead of exploit what they already know. They will also defend their right to the best fighters always, because... Then again they don't want to spend the time that everyone else has to spend to switch up their rosters to the engine. I get it, longevity = brevity. That shouldn't happen in a game as long as this.

Lets fight!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If you reach top 10. You will do this also. Dino did this too when he was top 1. Last time I heard about this issue was like 5 years ago. Lol. These new managers.. smh

Didn't I say that I would do the exact same under the current circumstances? I like to win games too, I'm not an idiot.

Shake your head all you want. Does over a year make me a "new" manager?

I am just pointing out a clear flaw that allows monopolistic tendencies in a very long game. I don't believe it is healthy for new managers, which I want as much as possible, so this game sticks around and has more minds fighting for the top spots; instead of only a few getting there because the game is severely tilted towards managers with longevity or access to someone with experience that is willing to evaluate their first big roster of newbies for them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok. First of all I was highlighting a flaw in a system, not dissing on Scott. I would do exactly what he did under the current system. I've only been around a year or so and I have a huge amount of respect for what other people have put into the game. I agree that good managers should get some benefits.

If i'm top 10, I have a shot at getting 1+ mio cash off a fighter, or a fucking world beater when someone rage quits, or just decides they don't have time, or just doesn't realize it. Or I get a whole new stable without waiting a year or more (still no diss to Scott at all).

If i'm top 50, I have a shot at getting some of the shit the best guys who've been around forever and are already at the top don't want. That is cool because there are still fighters to be had. Same goes for top 100. Basically decent fighters with maybe ok contracts that are probably not worth much because they are ditched by top 1-50. Also these fighters are very highly exploited by org managers that know that the new managers that picked up an ok guy don't know shit.

Under the system I proposed, even looser would be 1 fighter a day/etc, which I would totally be happy with. It would allow middling managers to get fighters sometimes. Anyway, under the current system, people outside the very small elite have a slim chance at grabbing decent fighters and to learn from it while simultaneously playing against good managers. Even though this is MMA "TYCOON", I don't think it is healthy or alright for a small group of individuals to hold a massive advantage game side, when their slider/build experience is already a TREMENDOUS advantage in fights due to time in game and raw number of fights. Always getting the best fighters with best hiddens (because you've learned about it) shouldn't be a foregone conclusion for people at the top. That is a monopoly. It isn't fun for most people and there is little chance of big success if you're not an old schooler. If it is going to stay a slow game, we have to let people who do the work have a chance at the middle/top without spending a few years of their life just guessing/fighting or researching the rng. (I don't want people to be reliant on an Alliance to explain every detail they have collectively figured out, its elitist, which isn't good for most game's longevity). (Maybe my alliance sucks but we don't do a shitload of info trading, in fact Mickey doesn't like it at all)

I understand many of you at the top have played this game for years and that you also understand all of the changes/nuances, because you've put in a shit load of work. I don't agree that it should be a stranglehold for the top though. What you top guys are claiming that works, which is the current system and certain proposed systems, is that it is ok for the top guys to pick the top fighters and rarely/cleanly have to change their rosters based on engine knowledge and longevity in the game. Your argument is that it is ok for top guys to pick top guys every time the engine changes. That's not healthy. If I was Wolf, (not dissing you man, respeck) I wouldn't be fucking around and I would be grabbing hot FA's that don't match his normal style when the engine changes. Why wouldn't he? That would just help cement his legacy. He's a malleable manager and can fight anywhere, so what is to stop that? IMO he shouldn't get all the best picks, maybe one or two maximum. He can win (many others too) with his knowledge and time spent. Stacked decks aren't fun for anyone but the stacker though. (Again no diss Wolf, you're a great manager and a respectful dude and I'm sure you can demolish lots of managers with intelligence and sliders, I just think someone in your position is at too large of an advantage long term under the current FA system, I doubt you abuse it) There are other less respectable managers I've seen that obviously duck fights and only poach great FA's and hardly ever build their own fighters. Whatever, it is all in the game.

I would like to able to compete with the monsters within a year, instead it will probably take me two. That is not good. I got lucky and got to fight some of them with my FA pickups that were shit and declining, which taught me a ton about the game and motivated me to keep truckin. I have learned since then. I doubt many people will be as tenacious as I have been. I would love it if there were more people that came though. I think the changes I proposed would be well accepted by a normal dude who likes MMA and wants to play a game. I also know that an entrenched group of people won't like it because they'll have to guess and learn instead of exploit what they already know. They will also defend their right to the best fighters always, because... Then again they don't want to spend the time that everyone else has to spend to switch up their rosters to the engine. I get it, longevity = brevity. That shouldn't happen in a game as long as this.

Lets fight!

To me a change just seems to be a waste of time. It's not often someone very high in the ranks quits like this, it has only happened a handful of times and is pretty much the only time someone is going to pick up so many guys in one day.

Also i may have been around 6 years but i'm ranked outside the top 1500 at the moment and am about to make a whole new roster of guys. So i am pretty much in the same boat as anyone starting out fresh time wise. As far as needing to be an "old schooler" to have success that just isn't true,new people start all the time and blast their way through the ranks. What people need to realize is they are probably not going to be a top player so just enjoy the level at which you do play the game. The debate about time in game having such a huge advantage has been brought up a lot of the years, i just don't think its as bad as some people think.

• Upvote 1

To me a change just seems to be a waste of time. It's not often someone very high in the ranks quits like this, it has only happened a handful of times and is pretty much the only time someone is going to pick up so many guys in one day.

Also i may have been around 6 years but i'm ranked outside the top 1500 at the moment and am about to make a whole new roster of guys. So i am pretty much in the same boat as anyone starting out fresh time wise. As far as needing to be an "old schooler" to have success that just isn't true,new people start all the time and blast their way through the ranks. What people need to realize is they are probably not going to be a top player so just enjoy the level at which you do play the game. The debate about time in game having such a huge advantage has been brought up a lot of the years, i just don't think its as bad as some people think.

I'm not only referring to the situation where a manager drops his whole stable. Just the FA market in general. My issue is that they can poach what they want. Nobody else really has a chance. I don't mind an NBA style system that Rambo proposed, I just want the system overhauled because I think it would be better for game health in general.

Their reward for being #1 is being the best at a game, getting better contracts and even under my system, still getting the best FA picks. Most games don't give extra power to the top people, this one does. It creates an environment where there is an iron clad group at the top who will have an intrinsic advantage over other people because they can pick up fighters if they want, they can pick up fighters with $$ when they need VIP or some money for their new business/org or whatever and they are mostly more experienced so they have that advantage as well.

People rage dump awesome fighters after a loss all the time, or cut people with several hundred thousands or a milli on them. This isn't just about a manager dropping his whole stable.

I think its a big enough deal to talk about and a lot of other managers seem to understand what I'm getting at.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1