MMA Tycoon Olympics 2016 Initial Announcement

GBK16

"The Olympic SHW Champion!" Lexington Snape (218873)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14454746957216.jpg

"I am so sorry to everyone who was rooting for me, I feel so ashamed. I let a lot of people down. I had a rough camp with my stats but came in with a different gameplan and was expecting him to pussy out of the stand up game. I elbowed him hard and I heard him say "oh shit" and he struggled and dragged me down with his weight. Props to him for a good game plan, I hope I can get back on track and get that Death Squad Belt and maybe I can get another crack at an Olympic Title again in the future, if I'm still fighting.

Best wishes to everyone, and my team mate Shogun Iron Tyson on winning his first round Olympics fight!"

• Upvote 2

So, any further thoughts/opinions from org owners or competitors on what to do in the case of a draw? One of the fighters involved in the draw at CEC was our own fighter so I feel input from others would be beneficial so that it is not just a bias opinion from me. I haven't had to deal with it as the host org but I know we benefited last year when our 265 representative, Rocky Tyson went through at UPG with a majority draw and went on to win gold. Basically I am torn. I'm not keen on someone going through on a draw but I also don't want to delay the next rounds. The stuff that has occurred in this Olympics due to certain fighter/manager issues had not involved us as they were not in our bracket so I don't really want to cause problems now.

I have looked for a rule on this thread and either I have missed it or it is unstated. There are 7 orgs involved other than our own so I am happy to go with majority on this if that's ok with everyone? Or whatever really.....

• Upvote 1

MFN has completed the first round of 155. The fighters who lost have been released and the next round of fights have been offered. Because one of the guys is still injured for 2 weeks, I had to push the event date for round 2 out a little bit.

"The Ferocious Fighter" Shogun Iron Tyson (230034)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14400283294481.jpg

Ascension Featherweight Champion Shogun Iron Tyson defeated Hiroshimo Sakamoto by majority decision to move onto round 2 and will face defending Olympic Champion Tuomari Hurmio.

"Sakamoto is a great fighter, the decision was close but I am happy I got the win and advance. It's an honour to take on the reigning FW Olympic Champion next and I believe I can and will win. I didn't catch Sakamoto with my right hand but I will catch Hurmio and put him to sleep. I wish my opponent luck, he will need it."

"The Ferocious Fighter" Shogun Iron Tyson (230034)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14400283294481.jpg

Ascension Featherweight Champion Shogun Iron Tyson defeated Hiroshimo Sakamoto by majority decision to move onto round 2 and will face defending Olympic Champion Tuomari Hurmio.

"Sakamoto is a great fighter, the decision was close but I am happy I got the win and advance. It's an honour to take on the reigning FW Olympic Champion next and I believe I can and will win. I didn't catch Sakamoto with my right hand but I will catch Hurmio and put him to sleep. I wish my opponent luck, he will need it."

Tuomari Hurmio: (and if you ask him the reigning Featherweight, Lightweight and Bantamweight Olympic Champion)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/34/34w4.jpg

"After being cheated out of Syn title by Wolf with him getting a lucky split decision with that fucking roided up joke I was taking it easy for a while, not much interested me in MMA since I've done it all. Then I got a call asking if I wanted to have a go at the Olympics again. A couple of days to prepare, they said. Well, I had no better things to do so I came here and took Alton Newcastle to school. I have a couple of teammates who have fought you Tyson telling me you can pack a punch so I respect that shit but if it ever goes to the ground you can abandon all hope. So you better just pray the "escape engine" keeps on favoring you."

• Upvote 3

Brackets are on page 1. Tho I think we really should of made a new thread for Brackets and discussion. Shame we haven't had any previews so far.

So, any further thoughts/opinions from org owners or competitors on what to do in the case of a draw? One of the fighters involved in the draw at CEC was our own fighter so I feel input from others would be beneficial so that it is not just a bias opinion from me. I haven't had to deal with it as the host org but I know we benefited last year when our 265 representative, Rocky Tyson went through at UPG with a majority draw and went on to win gold. Basically I am torn. I'm not keen on someone going through on a draw but I also don't want to delay the next rounds. The stuff that has occurred in this Olympics due to certain fighter/manager issues had not involved us as they were not in our bracket so I don't really want to cause problems now.

I have looked for a rule on this thread and either I have missed it or it is unstated. There are 7 orgs involved other than our own so I am happy to go with majority on this if that's ok with everyone? Or whatever really.....

I'm ok with whatever you decide to do, but make a decision as soon as possible. It's either Renato goes through with the tie breaker or a rematch ASAP.

It was close, but not a robbery.

CK, I am waiting for a witty reply on Ryan his post.

He'll show up eventually. Dude probably has my picture on his wall next to his bed (in the basement of his mom's house).

I'm ok with whatever you decide to do, but make a decision as soon as possible. It's either Renato goes through with the tie breaker or a rematch ASAP.

Decided to just put Renato through. Next round fights have already been offered so we are moving on. I spoke to Stu and he was cool about the commentator deciding it. Obviously we would have preferred a 'definitive' winner but we would rather just get on with it and not delay things any further. We could have contacted Mike to see if removing injuries was a possibility but I think the poor guy has enough on his hands at the moment without hassling him any further. So next round is the 14th. Good luck to the guys involved.

Jorma, you gotta appreciate the irony of declining a fight against me then getting a QFC against me and now an Olympic match up.

:shades: You know that i didnt decline it because i was scared like you are trying to say.

Actually Pera did really well at Quickfight. I was surprised how well he did, even he didnt get basically any takedowns against guy with twice as much training.

If those skills that you said are really that good, that means im happy about Pera overall. He keeps fighting even he gets beaten by guy with better secondaries/physicals.

Basically truth is that fighters in 205 at olympics dont want to face Renato. Because hes low ranked and he fights always back. Majority of hes losses against top fighters are like 48-47 decisions, so hes too risky opp.

:shades: You know that i didnt decline it because i was scared like you are trying to say.

Actually Pera did really well at Quickfight. I was surprised how well he did, even he didnt get basically any takedowns against guy with twice as much training.

If those skills that you said are really that good, that means im happy about Pera overall. He keeps fighting even he gets beaten by guy with better secondaries/physicals.

Basically truth is that fighters in 205 at olympics dont want to face Renato. Because hes low ranked and he fights always back. Majority of hes losses against top fighters are like 48-47 decisions, so hes too risky opp.

I was talking about Icky vs your EVO guy when I said that haha, Slenderman was a FA pick up from inactivity so his secondaries are terrible no kicks, no transitions no escapes or subs, remarkable tdd, only exceptional punches and sd. Grady told me I was gonna get murdered. I think his physicals carried me through though.

On another note. That was one freak fight. you guy was 4'11 and my guy was 6'7. I completely forgot he was on weight sups to go to HW.

Well the Olympics has captured the imagination so far.

I'm assuming it's started....

Any fighters to watch? Vets turning back time? New breed taking to the old guard?

Or does no one give a rats about this Olympics?

No write ups and Aaron and Wolf killed all the hype for it.

Jorma's vet is gonna get raped by your favorite fighter retiring 205er tho. Maybe Renato will retire after the fight.