MMA Tycoon Olympics 2016 Initial Announcement

GBK16

The Corporation motto is stay classy. Marky will be up for his 2nd disciplinary if he doesn't publicly congratulate Bjorn.

The pussy call wasn't classy.

Time for Marky to stay classy.

It may not have been classy, but at least we can't call Marky a liar. And remaining honest, is a classy thing on its own.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

The Corporation motto is stay classy. Marky will be up for his 2nd disciplinary if he doesn't publicly congratulate Bjorn.

The pussy call wasn't classy.

Time for Marky to stay classy.

The Corp is only classy is when it suits them (i.e. when they feel like taking the moral high ground or when they cant think of a comeback).

We let them get away with it because lets be honest, they dont have much else going on for them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Congrats Bjorn! Great win!

BTW: Congrats to all the winners!

My guy is still young enough, hopefully "MVP" will get another shot at the Olympics. Thanks JLP for giving MVP the opportunity to compete!

http://i59.tinypic.com/2wc1zzm.jpg

I came up short, but in the end I learned some valuable lessons....... When you get a guy hurt FINISH HIM!

Cyril hat's off to you! That will be a fight I will grow from.

The Bustamante fight, I came out to aggressive and got hit with a lot of counter shots. When he tagged me with that combo in the 2nd round I just lost my equilibrium and couldn't recover.

Hey, That's all part of the fight game!

Now it's time to get back to Ascension and get my Heavyweight title back!

• Upvote 3

Mara is freeagent and im accepting offers. If you offer Wein i accept that contract instantly, any of top 10/170 fighters is ok, but then i have to think about cash and whole org etc. If you really want him, all is allowed. If you offer top lhw to my superstar Pulkkinen or Pulkkinen2 we can discuss also.

Olympics are just one fight. After these years i have seen that you can lose to bad fighter and beat good fighter, in the end its all about getting that good fight on right time. People get huge winning streaks, its only because they are lucky. Its impossible to get huge winstreaks against even little lower lvl guys, if you dont have that luck.

Olympics are great place for upcoming guys to show what they can do. Old fighters are already doing fine and win is win, no matter is it olympics or not. New fighters need those wins at olympics to get better start to real tycoon career.

congratulations for Sacket/Brent. Im really interested to see how Sackets career turns. He had his first real fights, so in future we will see was is just luck, or can he do it again and again.

Mara is freeagent and im accepting offers. If you offer Wein i accept that contract instantly, any of top 10/170 fighters is ok, but then i have to think about cash and whole org etc. If you really want him, all is allowed. If you offer top lhw to my superstar Pulkkinen or Pulkkinen2 we can discuss also.

Olympics are just one fight. After these years i have seen that you can lose to bad fighter and beat good fighter, in the end its all about getting that good fight on right time. People get huge winning streaks, its only because they are lucky. Its impossible to get huge winstreaks against even little lower lvl guys, if you dont have that luck.

Olympics are great place for upcoming guys to show what they can do. Old fighters are already doing fine and win is win, no matter is it olympics or not. New fighters need those wins at olympics to get better start to real tycoon career.

congratulations for Sacket/Brent. Im really interested to see how Sackets career turns. He had his first real fights, so in future we will see was is just luck, or can he do it again and again.

You can fight Icky after ducking him with your other fighter. Don't be scare homie.

Since most of the top org owners follow this thread at least occasionally, any chance you guys could agree on arranging occasional Super Cards? Many of the top orgs could alternate as hosts like in the Olympics to share the hype gain chances. Fighters from any org could participate if the fighter in question is deemed good enough for the spot on the card. There could also be some slots for the fighters not at the top quite yet but that would still be very interesting fights. Those orgs who send but won't host would be guaranteed a fair fixed monetary compensation for lending the fighter (as well as the possibility of hype gain the fighter may bring back). Back in the day there used to be some terrific cards with everyone buzzing about them. Just throwing out the idea again, I'm sure it's been suggested a lot before but it doesn't hurt suggesting again... :)

• Upvote 4

Since most of the top org owners follow this thread at least occasionally, any chance you guys could agree on arranging occasional Super Cards? Many of the top orgs could alternate as hosts like in the Olympics to share the hype gain chances. Fighters from any org could participate if the fighter in question is deemed good enough for the spot on the card. There could also be some slots for the fighters not at the top quite yet but that would still be very interesting fights. Those orgs who send but won't host would be guaranteed a fair fixed monetary compensation for lending the fighter (as well as the possibility of hype gain the fighter may bring back). Back in the day there used to be some terrific cards with everyone buzzing about them. Just throwing out the idea again, I'm sure it's been suggested a lot before but it doesn't hurt suggesting again... :)

EVO held something with ASC when Davies was running it, and it was EVO vs ASC event. was nice all managers and org owners need to be insynced for it.

I agree. I'd love to see some champion vs champion cards.

It doesn't have to be some huge multilateral undertaking like the olympics, just 2 org owners and as many top fighters (preferably champions) from each org as they can russle up.

I talked to a few of the top orgs in December about something like this, so i think it will happen in 2017. Personally i prefer that type of setup

I would love to see this start happening again!

Thanks for bringing it up.

Also congratulations on the Gold lightweight metal, was a great fight :medieval:

Wow, Perkele is a beast!! Goes into the fight with low morale and no manager and easily wins gold. Legend! HW fighter of the year for sure!

Too bad that fight isn't eligible.

Or is it? Sure it's 2017 but it was the 2016 Olympics, I wouldn't be opposed to 2016 Olympic medalists being exceptions.

2016 olympics recap: 145lbs

Gold medal:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/34/34w4.jpg

Tuomari Hurmio

Team EVO their 145lbs participant needed no introduction to any MMA fan. Hurmio won the 2016 featherweight olympics and was more than willing to make it two in a row. The first round meant he had to fight Alton Newcastle. Hurmio showed his dominance and easily won the fight. In the semi final, he was facing Ascension's Shogun Iron Tyson. He clearly outworked his opponent in the 5 round fight and progressed pretty easy and unharmed to the olympics final.

Syn's representative Don Juan Matus did his best to try and upset the legendary finnish fighter, but couldn't get the job done either. As he has done for pretty much his entire career, Hurmio bested his opponent fairly easily and showed he still is the best featherweight in the sport at the moment. Rumor has it that Conor McGregor was offered to fight him, but that the irishman refused...

Silver medal:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14343349013935.jpg

Don Juan Matus

I know Don Juan Matus pretty well as I have faced him before and I can guarantee you that the guy has an insanely good chin. As a 29year old, Matus is really peaking and it shows. He bested Martin St Louis in the opening round of the olympics by decision. Henrique Ramos, managed by famous Mega Jug didn't do any better against Matus, as he was not able to worry him by any means.

Having to fight Hurmio in the finals is obviously no present and sadly enough for Matus, it showed. No matter how good he is, Hurmio showed he is still a different type of beast. I can imagine that Matus was still a little bit upset about not winning gold after making it to the finals, but I'm sure he is more than smart enough to understand that he did brilliant and that he got the maximum out of it.

Bronze medal:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14400283294481.jpg

Shogun Iron Tyson

Ascension's Shogun Iron Tyson came into the olympics fully tattooed and motivated to bring home a medal for his org.
In a closely contested first outing, he was able to best Sakamoto by majority decision. He focused a lot on punches and clinching, while Sakamoto used a bigger variety of attacks. In the end, I think the judges made the correct call, as Shogun Iron Tyson still outworked his opponent, altough be it by a small margin.

As pretty much is the story for everyone in the sport, he got beat by Hurmio after having to face him in the semis. Fully aware that there was no shame in losing to Hurmio, Tyson prepared like a madman for his bronze medal fight and unleashed heavy strikes to finish Ramos midway in the second round.
He did very well in the olympics and the one loss to Hurmio is only a minor setback. My boy Pao is fighting him next in a superfight between Ascension's featherweight and batamweight champion. Looking at his run in the olympics and before that, I'm warned!

Congrats to all medal winners at featherweight, good job!

• Upvote 1