MMA Tycoon Olympics 2016 Initial Announcement

GBK16

#4 p4p Rubin, #6 Perkele, #9 Rasputin, #11 Gymer

Heavyweight semis are stacked.

Even better, if you remove Cortez, than all of them are top 10.

#fuckwolfthecheaterfuckarronthegayguyfuckvendettaalsofuckpeelstillabitchandfakeassmotherfuckerbjork

Gymer will parish this time around with it not being a 1x10min. round :shades:

but i saw as well that the HW are stacked in the top10 and still in the olympics

Seems like I made a good pick for Heavyweight anyway to host haha

Very late coming but I will have a write up recapping all of the action so far in the tournament tomorrow (Could be tonight but no promises). The next event happening in this tournament is Wednesday so I figured best to get something out now and then do another Recap for the Semi Finals before a Preview for the finals. With 3 events happening on Wednesday, I'll get each of those divisions done for Wednesday morning, and then do the Divisions in order of when their next event happens.

• Upvote 1

#4 p4p Rubin, #6 Perkele, #9 Rasputin, #11 Gymer

Heavyweight semis are stacked.

Even better, if you remove Cortez, than all of them are top 10.

#fuckwolfthecheaterfuckarronthegayguyfuckvendettaalsofuckpeelstillabitchandfakeassmotherfuckerbjork

Come to think of it, ITFL Season 4 was a great tournament in introducing future greats to general public: Nickey Spillane, Itse Perkele, Fabian Hoi, Wilder Wein, Diego Bustamante, Pablo Escobar, Joey Kocur, Taisto Perälä, Helix Cabrera and Timur Rubin have all been ranked inside Top 13 P4P. And also several other excellent fighters who have been close to these rankings.

• Upvote 2

Come to think of it, ITFL Season 4 was a great tournament in introducing future greats to general public: Nickey Spillane, Itse Perkele, Fabian Hoi, Wilder Wein, Diego Bustamante, Pablo Escobar, Joey Kocur, Taisto Perälä, Helix Cabrera and Timur Rubin have all been ranked inside Top 13 P4P. And also several other excellent fighters who have been close to these rankings.

Definitely think when compared to the other ITFL seasons, 4 has definitely had the most stars come from it. Makes winning ITFL Season 4 with Diego Bustamante that little bit more special :)

Damn, that is hugely impressive! That was a great tournament for sure.

Maybe the wrong thread to mention this on, but when is the next ITFL?

It was supposed to be a 270k one at 145lbs if I may believe the rumours from a few months ago, but nothing seems happening?

Definitely think when compared to the other ITFL seasons, 4 has definitely had the most stars come from it. Makes winning ITFL Season 4 with Diego Bustamante that little bit more special :)

I won't take anything away from Busta, he is one hell of a fighter and you did a great job with him. That is why it would be so much fun to beat him with my FA pickup Maldini ;)

Win or lose, these type of fights make the game enjoyable for me.

I won't take anything away from Busta, he is one hell of a fighter and you did a great job with him. That is why it would be so much fun to beat him with my FA pickup Maldini ;)

Win or lose, these type of fights make the game enjoyable for me.

I've been blessed by the MMA Tycoon Gods, this fighter is a keeper for sure. I actually think Dinooo might have predicted me to not get one victory with him all season.

The fight between Maldini and Bustamante is the kind of one I relish, smack talk has been going on for a while and the fight was looking increasingly likely with every victory Maldini got.

I've been blessed by the MMA Tycoon Gods, this fighter is a keeper for sure. I actually think Dinooo might have predicted me to not get one victory with him all season.

The fight between Maldini and Bustamante is the kind of one I relish, smack talk has been going on for a while and the fight was looking increasingly likely with every victory Maldini got.

That being said, you should really beat Maldini or it will haunt you for a long time coming :P

Maldini is a bum. If he wins then Bustas rep is screwed as he'll be remembered for a humiliating loss to a can Bjorn picked up, not for the other fights.

It's also a fight Marky will wear on his soul if he loses to Bjorn with his best fight 'given to him by the Tycoon gods' as he says.

Bjorn has nothing to lose but it's Marky and Busta with everything to lose.

I agree with Bjorn though it's a fight to relish because of the back story.

• Upvote 3

Featherweight Division

Hosted by Canadian Fighting Championships

Don Juan Matus (Syn) vs Martin Saint Louis (Trinity)

Interesting fact about the Featherweight division is every single fight ended in a decision which makes for not much compelling action really but the first fight to look at was Don Juan Matus from Syn taking on Martin Saint Louis from Trinity.

There was basically a shit tonne of striking in this fight from open to finish. How much is a shit tonne you ask? Well think of a tonne, then add enough to make you say “Shit”.

Matus just about edged the first round before MSL made a comeback to dominate Round 2.

He would find it tough going in Rounds 3 and 4 however as he got butchered by Matus which scored well on the scorecards.

He showed a bit more life in Round 5 but, with it being too little too late, the scorecards showed 49-46, 49-46 and 49-47 for a Unanimous Win for Matus.

Result: Don Juan Matus wins via Unanimous Decision (49-46, 49-46 and 49-47)

Shogun Iron Tyson (Ascension) vs Hiroshimo Sakamoto (Death Squad)

Remember what I said about the last fight? Add in the odd takedown and it’s another pretty straight forward fight.

Shogun Iron Tyson just about edged the first, second and third rounds but with nothing being certain on the scorecards will still have been wary of going to the decision.

Sakamoto showed more life in Round 4, and while not dominating it, certainly looked to have taken the round.

Round 5 was an edgy affair, and one that Shogun Iron Tyson once again just edged on the scorecards.

With both men waiting for the decision, it was read out as 49-47, 50-46 and 48-48 for the winner by Majority Decision, Shogun Iron Tyson.

Result: Shogun Iron Tycon wins via Majority Decision (49-47, 50-46, 48-48).

Tuomari Hurmio (EVO) vs Alton Newcastle (CEC)

If you were getting a bit bored of striking in this division, then you would have enjoyed this break in tradition.

To cut a long story short (As I will probably be doing for the rest of the write up), Tuomari Hurmio basically grappled the life out of Newcastle for four rounds. Landing takedowns in each of the first three rounds (The only 3 takedowns he would go for mind you), he kept the fight there and dominated while sapping Newcastle of all the fight left in him.

Newcastle was so poorly destroyed, he somehow figured it was a decent idea in Round 4 to take Hurmio down. This basically led to it being a 4 round grappling domination display by Hurmio.

Now, to be fair, Newcastle did manage to win one round on the ground against Hurmio, but unfortunately for him that was all she wrote and he doesn’t get a participation trophy. Hurmio meanwhile moves onto the Semi Finals with his intentions being to clearly retain his Olympic title.

Result: Tuomari Hurmio wins via Unanimous Decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-46).

Henrique Ramos (CFC) vs Puntti Manne (MFN)

Now this was a fight with a bit of flair to it but we’ll give a quick rundown of the key points.

Round 1 saw Manne score a quick takedown and basically lay on top of Ramos for the entire round to score an easy 10 points.

No takedowns in Round 2, but Manne did rock Ramos with his striking but was unable to finish the fight. He did tot another 10 points on the scorecards though.

Finally a bit of fight back in Round 3 with Ramos opening a cut on Manne before going on to dominate the striking exchanges in the round to make it 2-1.

Round 4? Bit of clinching action sure. Ramos pinned Manne in the clinch and punished him inside of it. Manne managed to escape once, but was brought back into it relatively fast. Queue more of a beating before he finally escaped again. 2-2 now with just 1 round left.

Bit of a shock in Round 5 as Ramos decides to do a Manne and take him down. He proceeded to lay on him for the round, with the odd submission threat from both fighter, but he kept his composure and maintained position to see out the round and the fight.

Result: Henrique Ramos wins via Unanimous Decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-47)

The Semi Finals of the Featherweight division will take place at the following event

CFC 413 - Olympics Rd 2

The fights are as follows

Don Juan Matus vs Henrique Ramos

Tuomari Hurmio vs Shogun Iron Tyson

• Upvote 3

Light Heavyweight Division

Hosted by Claymore Elite Combat

Rafael Flores (CEC) vs Tiago Renato (Ascension)

This was a highly anticipated fight with Flores enjoying a career resurgence under Stu MacK while Tiago Renato is a living legend in the sport of MMA.

In a tense opening round, Flores just about nicked it although it was razor close.

The second round saw gasps with Flores being rocked by the strikes of Renato. Despite being rocked, he recovered and managed to even score favourably in the round.

Sadly for him, Renato really started to pile on the pressure from then on as he dominated the third round.

Flores had some fight back in Round 4, and while Renato just about took it, it left the 5th round out of the minds of being a case of surviving for either man.

Again, it saw Renato just about edge it in a tight encounter. But with both men feeling they won it was a nervous wait to hear the scorecards which read….46-50 for Renato…..48-47 for Flores….and…..48-48 meaning the fight ended in a draw.

As per Olympics rules, due to the time restrictions not allowing a rematch to be scheduled in CEC, the commentator believed Renato won which meant he advances to the Semi Finals.

Result: Fight ruled a Draw (46-50, 48-47, 48-48). Renato advances.

Remi Highjack (Trinity) vs Alex John Conor Burns (Death Squad)

One of fights more people felt confident in picking was this encounter, but many got a bit surprised during the fight.

The opening round was another tense affair, with Remi just about taking the round but Burns showing a lot more fight than people had given him credit for previously.

He went one further as he just about nicked the second round away from Remi as he mixed up his strikes with some clinch offense.

That seemed to simply piss Highjack off. With Burn instigating a clinch in Round 3, Highjack barraged him with punches, and landed a big body punch which winded Burns. Highjack landed a knee which would open up a cut before landing 3 uppercuts in a row which subsequently Rocked, Knocked Down and then Knocked Out Burns in devastating fashion as Highjack advanced to the Semi Finals.

Result: Remi Highjack wins via TKO (Strikes) at 1:53 in Round 3.

Sotiris Kakoullis (EVO) vs Grigol Pandahammer (Syn)

While I could elongate this fight, it’s pretty straight forward really.

Pandahammer managed to open up a cut on Kakoullis in Round 1, but unfortunately that’s all he could muster really in the fight.

Kakoullis dominated Rounds 1, 2 and 4 while also edging Rounds 3 and 5. He utilised his kicks well in order to slow Pandahammer down throughout the fight and as a result, score well for himself and bring home the decision win.

Result: Sotiris Kakoullis wins via Unanimous Decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45).

Archie Moore (CFC) vs Aleksander Kamenov (MFN)

Now with the last fight not having much to talk about due to a lack of any highlights during a 5 round fight, this one doesn’t have much to talk about because it ended pretty fast.

Moore landed a big right hand which knocked Kamenov down before going on to land another monstrous strike which knocked the poor guy out. Moore decides to follow anyway and land more strikes just cos he can really and he advanced to the Semi Finals.

Interestingly, post fight Moore said “ 'The Olympics will be no challenge. I will dismantle Highjack, I will break his will and finish him.'. With Moore scheduled to face Kakoullis, and Highjack scheduled to face Renato, it seems Moore is confident in facing Highjack in the finals which means the Semi Finals have even more reason to tune in.

Result: Archie Moore wins via TKO (Strikes) at 1:21 of Round 1

The Semi Finals for the Light Heavyweight division takes place at the following event

CEC 488

Sotiris Kakoullis vs Archie Moore

Remi Highjack vs Tiago Renato

• Upvote 3

Super Heavyweight Division

Hosted by Synchronicity

Lexington Snape (Death Squad) vs Giuseppe Maldini (EVO)

This fight saw Snape returning to defend his Super Heavyweight crown that he won last year while repping Troid EP. He would be taking on Giuseppe Maldini who was a late entry to the tournament as a replacement after a certain incident involving two guys getting banned.

Anywho, everyone Snape is good at one thing, and one thing only. Clinching people. Everyone knows it, everyone knows how to counter it. Few people actually decide to do it. So Snape decides to clinch, fair enough for him. Maldini decides he don’t like it and pulls guard. Queue a sweep for Maldini to end up on top and a slick Kimura to send Snape tapping.

Pretty quick and easy win for Maldini as he advanced to the Semi Finals.

Result: Giuseppe Maldini wins via Submission (Kimura) at 3:35 in Round 1

Sawyer Hume (CEC) vs Maurice Vontavious Payne (Ascension)

Well my oh my, this was a fight that the paying customers, and people looking on the spoiler list eagerly, got their times worth reading.

Hume gets cut. Payne gets cut.

Hume gets knocked down and rocked. He comes back and Payne gets knocked down.

Hume gets knocked down once again and Payne finally managed to score the TKO victory with a big counter left.

Now, all that happened in just 3:27 so a nice bit of action without drawing the life out of everyone.

Result: Maurice Vontavious Payne wins via TKO (Strikes) at 3:27 of Round 1

Tinashe Chukwuma (CFC) vs Cyril Makarenko (Trinity)

Now, I might be a bit biased here because he comes from my org, but Cyril Makarenko is one of my favourite fighters in the game to read and this was a prime example of why.

Chukwuma gets cut with a head kick, and he responds in kind with a head kick that knocks Makarenko down and also rocks the poor fucker.

You think Makarenko was bothered? Not a chance.

Round 2 saw more striking between the pair with Makarenko recovering but resembling some form of Drunk Monkey style from an oriental film. It was clearly effective as Makarenko landed a big combination at the end of the round which knocked Chukwuma down and also rocked him with him being saved by the bell just about.

Round 3, Chuckie is still looking dazed from the strikes and boom, Makarenko knocked his lights out with a huge head kick. Makarenko doesn’t even realise what he did, all he knew was his hand was getting raised and he was going to the Semi Finals.

Result: Cyril Makarenko wins via KO (Head Kick) at 1:46 of Round 3

Diego Bustamante (Syn) vs Sellus Gravius (MFN)

Gravius wasn’t tested for PED’s or for McDonalds before the tournament as he came in a staggering 330lbs….cos fuck it.

All he could really hope in this fight was to land the head punches as Bustamante was far too quick for him. Bustamante landed a good number of kicks in the fight to further slow the Knight Errant.

The end came early in the third with Diego showing the flexibility of an attractive yoga instructor to hit Gravius’s 7 feet 5 inch off the ground head with a kick...Yeah that shit can happen in Tycoon.

It knocked him down and rocked him, but he managed to get back to his feet just in time to see a punch hit him square in the jaw and he was out for the night and away with the fairies.

Diego enjoyed the win and advances to the Semi Finals.

Result: Diego Bustamante wins via KO (Punch) at 0:22 of Round 3

The Semi FInals for the Super Heavyweight division takes place at the following event

Syn 491 - Tycoon Olympics Rd 2

Cyril Makarenko vs Maurice Vontavious Payne

Diego Bustamante vs Giuseppe Maldini

• Upvote 4

Giuseppe Maldini

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13947262519958.jpg

Rumor has it that there was an issue in Busta his last training session in preparation for his fight with me this evening.

Leaked footage of the warm-up was sent to my phone:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/3160255/balotelli-bib-o.gif

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13950837055729.jpg

Diego "The Gladiator" Bustamante

30 years old

265+lbs

26-9

http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20120325031119synbeltnew.jpg

"That's funny Maldini, except I don't wear a bib during training, however you my friend, you'll be needing one after our fight as you'll be needing someone to spoon feed you once I'm done with you."

• Upvote 2

30 years old

265+lbs

26-9

"That's funny Maldini, except I don't wear a bib during training, however you my friend, you'll be needing one after our fight as you'll be needing someone to spoon feed you once I'm done with you."

Giuseppe Maldini

The footage speaks for itself Busta, no denying possible.

How are your nerves? Not too sweaty are you? I heard that some people have put big money on you to win and that they are very confident that it is a very safe bet. No pressure ;)

Featherweight Round Up

This morning at Tokyo time the Semi Finals of the Featherweight division took place with the results being

Tuomari Hurmio def. Shogun Iron Tyson via Unanimous Decision

Don Juan Matus def. Henrique Ramos via Unanimous Decision

Hurmio and Matus will now face off for the Gold medal while Tyson and Ramos will compete with each other for the Bronze medal.

Giuseppe Maldini

The footage speaks for itself Busta, no denying possible.

How are your nerves? Not too sweaty are you? I heard that some people have put big money on you to win and that they are very confident that it is a very safe bet. No pressure ;)

30 years old

265+lbs

26-9

"I'm not nervous at all. I'm relaxed and looking forward to getting in there.

If I was a betting man, I'd be putting a lot of money on myself too. Though I think if I did that, I'd be banned from betting... pretty sure that's illegal.

My team are by my side, training has went well and if anything I think the training camp I went through will have given me more difficulty than you will tonight.

Make sure your corner brings a pillow because you'll be going to sleep in our fight mother fucker!"

30 years old

265+lbs

26-9

"I'm not nervous at all. I'm relaxed and looking forward to getting in there.

If I was a betting man, I'd be putting a lot of money on myself too. Though I think if I did that, I'd be banned from betting... pretty sure that's illegal.

My team are by my side, training has went well and if anything I think the training camp I went through will have given me more difficulty than you will tonight.

Make sure your corner brings a pillow because you'll be going to sleep in our fight mother fucker!"

Giuseppe Maldini

You can't bet on yourself to lose ,but ok to bet on your own win.

Yep, I am a mother fucker,yours.