MMA Tycoon Olympics 2016 Initial Announcement

GBK16

Super Heavyweight Division Round Up

Personal Statement - This was an amazing Semi Finals to read. The Makarenko vs MVP fight was honestly one of the most exciting fights to read in a long time for me personally with Cyril being the Trinity rep and the crazy back and forth and the comeback win for Cyril was amazing.

I may not like Bjorn, but the rivalry between him and Marky when it came to Diego vs Maldini made it one of the fights you had to read in the tournament. Credit to both guys on that.

Now for the actual round up.

Cyril Makarenko def. Maurice Vontavious Payne via Unanimous Decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-47)

Giuseppe Maldini def. Diego Bustamante via TKO (Strikes) at 2:54 in Round 1

That means the finals will see

Gold Medal Fight

Cyril Makarenko vs Giuseppe Maldini

Bronze Medal Fight

Maurice Vontavious Payne vs Diego Bustamante

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Giuseppe Maldini

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13947262519958.jpg

Maldini scores with a spinning back kick!

Maldini lands a big head kick that sends Bustamante to the canvas! Maldini follows up with strikes from the mount that forces the ref to step in and stop the fight!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 2:54 of round 1, we have a winner by way of TKO (Strikes). Giuseppe Maldini!

Not bad for an old can right?!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Giuseppe Maldini

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13947262519958.jpg

Maldini scores with a spinning back kick!

Maldini lands a big head kick that sends Bustamante to the canvas! Maldini follows up with strikes from the mount that forces the ref to step in and stop the fight!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 2:54 of round 1, we have a winner by way of TKO (Strikes). Giuseppe Maldini!

Not bad for an old can right?!

All the years under my training that. Maldini was never a can. Great win though. Although this olimpics has not had as much hype as some iv still enjoyed reading the fights and my aim is to get a fighter into one of these

http://i59.tinypic.com/2wc1zzm.jpg

Maurice Vontavious Payne "MVP"

I put forth my best effort and I came up short tonight. I know at the beginning of these Olympics my Manager and I were unknowns, hopefully we gained some fans and some respect. Now I have my work cut out for me as I try to bring home a Bronze medal.

• Upvote 2

http://i59.tinypic.com/2wc1zzm.jpg

Maurice Vontavious Payne "MVP"

I put forth my best effort and I came up short tonight. I know at the beginning of these Olympics my Manager and I were unknowns, hopefully we gained some fans and some respect. Now I have my work cut out for me as I try to bring home a Bronze medal.

Awesome fight! You certainly made a name for yourself with it!

Huh, that was weird. I just saw the weight: 1 on his profile, but that must have been the openweight rankings. Torres, Maldini and others are still ahead of him on the 265+ rankings. Dunno the difference there.

Huh, that was weird. I just saw the weight: 1 on his profile, but that must have been the openweight rankings. Torres, Maldini and others are still ahead of him on the 265+ rankings. Dunno the difference there.

Yeah, your guy is ranked as the number one openweight fighter instead of being ranked at SHW. I have always wondered what the difference is and how some guys qualify for openweight and others not.

Anybody can enlighten us?

Openweight means you fight in a division where your weight is below the actual weight itself. So that means a guy weighing 144lbs (Natural before Can Cut To) fighting at 145lbs or in Cyrils case, a 250lbs fighter competing at 265+ (He would need to weigh at least 265lbs to qualify for SHW rankings).

At least I am fairly sure thats how it works. There is likely another factor or two into how it works particularly with HW. Im not sure on how it works with fighters outside the HW/SHW range since the only guys I have seen in the ranks have been competing at 265+ which could be a requirement or factor.

Openweight means you fight in a division where your weight is below the actual weight itself. So that means a guy weighing 144lbs (Natural before Can Cut To) fighting at 145lbs or in Cyrils case, a 250lbs fighter competing at 265+ (He would need to weigh at least 265lbs to qualify for SHW rankings).

At least I am fairly sure thats how it works. There is likely another factor or two into how it works particularly with HW. Im not sure on how it works with fighters outside the HW/SHW range since the only guys I have seen in the ranks have been competing at 265+ which could be a requirement or factor.

Ah like that, ok. Thanks for explaining.

MVP vs Makarenko was fucking insane.

Probably my favourite fight of the year

Correct me if wrong,but there are going to be legendary GBK previews for the finals yeah?

Yeah I'll be cracking out a Preview for every Finals event. The HW's are the only division behind I believe so their Semi Finals happen after some of the Finals but I will get the 7 other finals in one preview with the HW's following after that

Round Up Double Header

Light Heavyweight Division

Tiago Renato def. Remi Highjack via Unanimous Decision (46-50, 46-49, 46-49)

Sotiris Kakoullis def. Archie Moore via Unanimous Decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)

So the finals of the Light Heavyweight Division will be

Gold Medal Fight

Tiago Renato vs Sotiris Kakoullis

Bronze Medal Fight

Remi Highjack vs Archie Moore

Lightweight Division Round Up

Lamont Hawkins def. Jack Douglas via Split Decision (48-47, 49-46, 47-48)

Helix Cabrera def. Lukas Niemayer via Unanimous Decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)

So the finals for the Lightweight division will be

Gold Medal FIght

Lamont Hawkins (EVO) vs Helix Cabrera (Syn)

Bronze Medal Fight

Jack Douglas (Death Squad) vs Lukas Niemayer (CFC)

Just on a side note for anybody interested. He is how things are looking on the Org standings side of things when it comes to who can win medals.

135lbs

Gold Medal

Mike Ehrmantraut (SYN) vs Sean Tallon (EVO)

Bronze Medal

Lorne Malvo (ASCENSION) vs Anton Chekhov (MFN)

145lbs

Gold Medal

Don Juan Matus (SYN) vs Tuomari Hurmio (EVO)

Bronze Medal

Henrique Ramos (CFC) vs Shogun Iron Tyson (ASCENSION)

155lbs

Gold Medal

Helix Cabrera (SYN) vs Lamont Hawkins (EVO)

Bronze Medal

Jack Douglas (Death Squad) vs Lukas Niemayer (CFC)

205lbs

Gold Medal

Tiago Renato (ASCENSION) vs Sotiris Kakoullis (EVO)

Bronze Medal

Remi Highjack (Trinity) vs Archie Moore (CFC)

265+lbs

Gold Medal

Cyril Makarenko (Trinity) vs Giuseppe Maldini (EVO)

Bronze Medal

Maurice Vontavious Payne (Ascension) vs Diego Bustamante (SYN)

SYN vs EVO is the common theme with the 135, 145 and 155lbs finals being between the 2 orgs but EVOLUTION have been the dominant force with all 5 confirmed finals having an EVO competitor involved. Syn follow in second, and I would say from a quick glance that Ascension are then in 3rd place.

The surprise would likely be CEC who have no fighters in the finals thus far while each other org has at least one fighter in either the Gold or Bronze medal fights.

If you are wondering what the current potential points are for each org, here they are:

Ascension = 1 gold medal fight and 3 bronze medal fights. Potential points range from 6 - 10.

Canadian Fighting Championships = 3 bronze medal fights. Potential points range from 3 - 6.

Claymore Elite Combat = No fights in the finals currently.

Death Squad MMA = 1 bronze medal fight. Potential points range from 1-2.

Evolution = 5 gold medal fights. Potential points range from 15 - 20.

Montreal Fight NIghts = 1 bronze medal fight, Potential points range from 1-2.

Synchronicity = 3 gold medal fights and 1 bronze medal fight. Potential points range from 10 - 14.

Trinity = 1 gold medal fight and 1 bronze medal fight. Potential points range from 4 - 6.

So just a rough table looks like this (Using pure averages) until the other finals are confirmed

#1 EVOLUTION (15-20)

#2 Synchronicity (10-14)

#3 Ascension (6-10)

#4 Trinity (4-6)

#5 Canadian Fighting Championships (3-6)

#6 Death Squad (1-2) TIED

#7 Montreal Fight Nights (1-2) TIED

#8 Claymore Elite Combat (0)

• Upvote 2