Stances clearly a hole in this game

Probably because it would take a lot of time and energy for Mike to add stances. You could add them as flavor text but for real changes and differences in stance and/or styles it would require an overhaul on the game engine which Mike is just not going to do at this time.

• Upvote 1

Probably because it would take a lot of time and energy for Mike to add stances. You could add them as flavor text but for real changes and differences in stance and/or styles it would require an overall on the game engine which Mike is just not going to do at this time.

i think he should , it would be a major improvement specialy tactical wise......Mike should try to take this game to the next level.....hire a good programer,invest a few quid....and fix all those little details that are there to fix ,but he doesnt because it takes a lot of time to do it.....STANCES ARE VERY IMPORTANT

i think he should , it would be a major improvement specialy tactical wise......Mike should try to take this game to the next level.....hire a good programer,invest a few quid....and fix all those little details that are there to fix ,but he doesnt because it takes a lot of time to do it.....STANCES ARE VERY IMPORTANT

If i could do it i would instantly do it.

Mike has mentioned how much he makes on the game. I don't think he is in a place to hire no matter how many people(morons) think trickle up economies work.

• Upvote 2

Mike has mentioned how much he makes on the game. I don't think he is in a place to hire no matter how many people(morons) think trickle up economies work.

the dick as spoken

• Downvote 5

I think more important than stances, one of the most significant parts of arrested in fighting is distance control- whether trying to fight in the pocket (not clinch) or to keep distance.

that should be added aswell

the dick as spoken

wow, I was warned about you from day 1 and up until yesterday all I could say was I never had a problem with him but here I am the dick no doubt for disagreeing with your opinion. I knew there was a reason not to take your contract request and alliance request just hours ago. You proved 3 months of doubt wrong. Bravo, fucking bravo.

• Upvote 2

wow, I was warned about you from day 1 and up until yesterday all I could say was I never had a problem with him but here I am the dick no doubt for disagreeing with your opinion. I knew there was a reason not to take your contract request and alliance request just hours ago. You proved 3 months of doubt wrong. Bravo, fucking bravo.

i was having a bad day nothing personal...peace

• Downvote 1

Switch and southpaw stances are a significant statistical advantage over orthodox, so why would anyone choose anything other than them? Being southpaw is just a lucky natural advantage. So even if it wasn't an absolutely gigantic job for a tiny improvement in the game, I don't see how you'd make it work as a choice and it would have to be random. So if it's random you just end up getting people sacking all their orthodox fighters and it becomes a farce.

• Upvote 6

Switch and southpaw stances are a significant statistical advantage over orthodox, so why would anyone choose anything other than them? Being southpaw is just a lucky natural advantage. So even if it wasn't an absolutely gigantic job for a tiny improvement in the game, I don't see how you'd make it work as a choice and it would have to be random. So if it's random you just end up getting people sacking all their orthodox fighters and it becomes a farce.

Then you make it rare like "granite chin", so people don't risk it and release all orthodox fighters

if it is a lucky natural advantage(debatable) make it happend as a lucky attribute that some fighters might be praise with(randomly) when you create them ;)...

• Downvote 1

Being a southpaw has its advantages and disadvantages depending on your size and fighting style, just like being an orthodox fighter in my opinion. There are plenty of boxers over the years who are left handed and fight orthodox or are right handed and fight southpaw, so on one hand it is a natural ability (decided but your handedness) but on the other hand it can also just be a choice for many reasons.

As far as the game goes though i don't see the need for it myself, unless they were both equal in dominance or just flavor text. Because as Mike said if one was better then the other it would get picked 95% of the time.

• Upvote 1

Being a southpaw has its advantages and disadvantages depending on your size and fighting style, just like being an orthodox fighter in my opinion. There are plenty of boxers over the years who are left handed and fight orthodox or are right handed and fight southpaw, so on one hand it is a natural ability (decided but your handedness) but on the other hand it can also just be a choice for many reasons.

As far as the game goes though i don't see the need for it myself, unless they were both equal in dominance or just flavor text. Because as Mike said if one was better then the other it would get picked 95% of the time.

Mike does a lot of crunching of numbers for his betting site. As a betting man, I'd be willing to bet he's not talking out of his ass when he talks about a significant advantage that southpaws have.

I'm sure he's working with data, not what he thinks or his opinion. Just the numbers.

Mike does a lot of crunching of numbers for his betting site. As a betting man, I'd be willing to bet he's not talking out of his ass when he talks about a significant advantage that southpaws have.

I'm sure he's working with data, not what he thinks or his opinion. Just the numbers.

I never said that he was talking out his ass, just that both have an up and a down side. Looking on betmma.tips it says that out of 1907 orthodox fighters 49% won and out of 572 southpaw fighters 56% won so while thats an advantage to southpaws i wouldn't say its a landslide. Plus you could have the same amount of fights again with the opposite result so it would be a hard stat to nail down.
  • Upvote 1

I agree with Cus on all counts. I am left handed but do not find it gives any "unfair" or outstanding advantage. Honestly many southpaws have fallen to the dragon slayers right hand... just like many orthodox fighters fall for the left straight or hook or what have you.

It's all relative when we are talking about reality!

• Upvote 1

Southpaws do have a slight advantage, but nothing too significant to ruin the game.

I think this could add another interesting element, much like granite chins & KO Power etc...

Make it rare enough that managers don't keep sacking their fighters until they get a southpaw and not too overpowered also. Let's say 1/30 fighters generated are southpaw and 1/30 have Granite Chins - this means a manager would have to wait on average for 900 fighters to get that perfect combo.