Olympics

bjornmma1

Yeah. I don't understand these fabricated robbery stories. Wasn't there a golfer that did the same thing during a tournament in Hawaii a year ago or so?

But I'm heartbroken the USA women's beach volleyball team missed out on gold. Walsh-Jennings is a legend, sad way to go.

They lied about the robbery because the real story was they damaged a sign and the bath room at a gas station and were caught by a security guard that pointed a gun at them apparently.

What sounds better? "I was robbed in Rio by gun point and they had to point the gun at my forehead for me to back down" OR " I got caught destroying a shit house while representing my country and had a gun pointed at me by security and was made pay for it". Probably just plain embarrassment made them make it up to be honest hahaha.

What do people think of the shameful corruption in the Olympics as a consequence of Russian bribes?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/cheated-irish-boxer-michael-conlon-8644981.amp?client=safari

It's pretty embarrassing. Imagine having the audacity to bribe judges despite almost being banned from the Olympics for cheating.

What do people think of the shameful corruption in the Olympics as a consequence of Russian bribes?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/cheated-irish-boxer-michael-conlon-8644981.amp?client=safari

It's pretty embarrassing. Imagine having the audacity to bribe judges despite almost being banned from the Olympics for cheating.

Funny thing is you believe what the Mirror writes. I stopped reading that jargon 20 years ago.

• Downvote 1

I did not see the fight, so i cannot judge anything, but it is not the first time a decision did not go the right way, i do not think that Russia or whatever country would risk trying to bribe some judges at a major event like this.

Same thing happened with Evgeny Tischenko - should've lost in the QF, but was also given a controversial decision in the final. Coincidence? I think not

Funny thing is you believe what the Mirror writes. I stopped reading that jargon 20 years ago.

It's a well known fact that there is a lot of corruption in the top level of amateur boxing, it's not just one place that you don't like that is reporting it at such. It's not like this is the first time this has happened either, the amateur international boxing association have been screwing people over for 50 years.

EDIT* sorry i didn't see there was another page to this thread. I'm not saying that the russians did anything, I'm just saying amateur boxing as a whole is ripe with corruption. Also that article from the mirror doesn't say russia or anyone bribed anyone else from what i can see, they are just reporting what happened and the boxers claims.

Well, boxers always claim the judges are rigged, when you lose a decision, so i guess this is not unusual to see in the Olympics as well.

Actually The AIBA dropped a bunch of the judges after a review of the fights they judged. There is a huge difference between thinking you won and comfortably winning and the judges giving it to the other guy.

Indian government is full of Dumbffucks.they shower Olympic medal winners with insane amounts of cash rewards and give them a huge plot of land.Enough money that medal winner don't even have to do nothing all his life ever again and still live comfortably.What they will not do themselves is establish academies throughout the country and improve current facilities.Good thing is a few of our top athletes were generous enough to use their personal wealth to open private academies.hell,FIFA had to give our football federation big bucks so that our junior national football teams can go on to compete in different tournaments.Thanks to Fifa we also have some FIFA funded football academies with good facilities.may be we'll have a football team in Olympics 2030.