New organisation

Curix

I started my first fight organization within a month of joining this game and ran it for two years... but, I had people giving me fantastic advice from the beginning. If you don't know what you're doing, a fight organization is NOT the business for you.

It helps to have an idea of:

1) The going rate for entry level contracts in your chosen city

2) Proper etiquette with contract negotiations, fight offers, when it's appropriate to decline fight offers

3) Proper matchmaking

4) What people are looking for with expiration dates/inactivity clauses...

(Hint:

Expires :01 Oct 2017
Inactivity Clause :888

is a BAD deal for the manager.)

...My point is that you're too green to know what to write in a basic contract, which makes me think that contract negotiations wouldn't be a pleasant encounter with you if you managed to snare one of my fighters, somehow.

Unlike some of the other posters on this thread, I'm not here to shit on you for your faults; however, I believe that you should cut your losses, close your company, and get some experience playing this game before you dream of playing matchmaker.

...Also, don't steal people's avatars.

• Upvote 3

From what I have seen so far in this game(I am a newbie too), an org. is hardest to manage so probably you should have waited some time in order to learn game mechanics and economy and then create an org. Most important thing is not to disappoint managers with bad contracts, awful matchmaking and etc. Also for a new org with low budget better start it as an ID-restricted one (300k+ for example) so you could offer satisfying contracts to newly created fighters.

• Upvote 1

Yea. But what shoud I write in contract? I can lern it all.

My suggestion is:

1000-1500 signing bonus

1500-3000 base pay

2000-4000 win bonus

But all depends on pay standards for the city you are in. From what I have seen, orgs in Hilo pay much lower than orgs in LA, Vegas, New York. If you think you will have to compete with many orgs for the signing of a fighter, then higher offer can attract them easier.

Expiry date and innactivity clauses highly depend on your plans for running the org. If you plan to have fights and events more often and also sign older fighters(so their managers won't require to have much time to train them) you could set shorter expiry and innactivity or the opposite if you are making an org with youngsters.

Also my suggestion is to start with up to 3 weight category divisions so you could be able to sign more fighters there with your budget and you will have enough fighters to organize events more frequently.

Since you came to the forums, you'll likely find the help if you a) ask for it, B) expect to be condescended for asking (it's the internet, you can look all this stuff up yourself), and/or c) ...look it up yourself. Search the forums for threads mentioning fighter pay; some guys aren't afraid to bitch about their fighter's salaries, some guys don't care. I've signed lesser contracts because it was better for my fighter's career at the time, but most people won't sign for the kind of money you're able to offer as a new org--especially since you blew your wad already. You probably have to sign guys with no fights and build your org along with them--like I do every season on The Island.

Actually, you're probably already screwed, to be honest; you've already booked as many events as you have fighters on the roster, and it's highly unlikely your first event will be profitable, starting you on a spiral you'll never recover from financially. Not trying to shit on your dreams, just trying to tamper your expectations a bit.

If you opt to stick it out, for now: try to offer nothing more than 3 fights on your contracts, don't set inactivity higher than 30 days, and set the contract to expire approximately 30 days/fight (e.g. 3-fight contract, 90-day expiry); this will ensure that, even if guys ultimately don't like your org, they aren't trapped there and/or don't feel like they have to drop their fighter just to get away from your org--if that's what they want. Obviously, you want to make them happy and make things fun for them, but you gotta set things up so it's a painless process for them to end the relationship on their terms. If it helps you, remember that every in-game day is meant to represent a little over four days. Setting the real-life contract expiry for a year from now with an 888 inactivity clause is insane. Try to imagine any person's reaction to a real-life, five-year exclusive-employment contract that allows the employer to not schedule or pay the employee for the entire five year (technically over ten, but the contract would expire before the inactivity clause) period of the exclusive contract. No person alive would do that. In in-game terms, the real fear with that long of a contract is in the way it plays out should YOU leave the game and go inactive. I believe you would have to be inactive for 3-6 months before they could escape their contracts. All the inactivity clause does is create a button on the contracts page which will allow the manager to end the contract if you haven't sent a fight offer for (x) days; setting that to 888 is holding the fighter hostage for as long as possible in the event you stop playing the game.

Good luck to ya.

I'm so glad we now have permission to join his org

You have my permission to join my orgs but you already have three guys there.

• Downvote 1