Question regarding weight classes and weight cutting

mastersacker123

I have two fighters that are 171 lbs and 173 lbs, and I want to book them at 170 considering one is already eligible and one is 2 lbs over and should be able to cut to 170 considering the weight range provided in the wiki, however when I book them for QFC fights they're booked against 185 fighters

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=300971 is 171. Take some weight loss to 170 or below. Your other fighter is 173.5 and will need a few more days for this. I think its .6 pounds a day? I may be wrong haven't done it much as I don't fight my fighter heavy like that and I am not sure many do...

you will need to be full energy for the fight at that close of a weight cut.

• 2 weeks later...

What must be very clear is that if your fighter is 173lbs and has high enough conditioning (for 3lbs the requirement is pretty low) he can AUTOMATICALLY drop the weight only FOR THE DURATION of the fight without you ever doing anything, providing he has enough conditioning and energy.

I don't know how it works for QFC, never bothered doing one. I'll tell you how it works with orgs:

1) You create a 173 lbs fighter

2) An organization will offer you a contract for its 170lbs division (by default if a fighter is a few lbs over the weight limit you assume he will want to be at the lower category... so 173 lbs --> 170- division, not 185... but that's the manager choice!)

3) The org manager schedule a fight for the day X

4) The day X arrives and, without the need to do anything, if the fighter has enough condition and energy, you'll be able to fight as a 170lbs fighter even if his natural weight is 173lbs... this means that the fight engine for that match will treat your fighter as if he weighted 170lbs. Of course this will take a small hit on his energy for the fight. When it's a few lbs it is irrelevant, but the more you have to cut, the more fatigued will be your fighter. I don't really have an idea of the exact amount, but if you don't reach the extreme of the maximum weight he can cut you won't any real problem (e.g. you can easily create a 180lbs fighter and have him fight in a 170lbs division without much trouble)

Hope it is clear