Additional Businesses, Additional VIP Cost

reggie

Additional Businesses for VIP  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay an additional 20% annually to run another business?

• Unquestionably. Possibly even more.
    • Yes.
    • Probably.
    • Probably not. Maybe if it's only another 10%.
    • No. One is plenty.
  2. 2. If so, would you be willing to do so twice?

• Unquestionably. Possibly even more.
    • Yes.
    • Probably.
    • Probably not. Maybe if it's only another 20% total, rather than each.
    • No. Y'all be cray.

I know they were briefly a thing, and still are for one or two guys who've been grandfathered in, so they can be again.

Running a company is a 10% VIP reduction; we should consider adding an option to run additional businesses at an additional cost.

If there was, say, another 20% VIP reduction for running each additional business, that's going to quickly require interested managers to re-up their VIP. This would also remove the need for a manager interested in spending money on such a thing to find a paper owner for their second company. It's obvious people are interested, as there are already people who've created second VIP accounts just for this purpose. I totally get it, too: if I gotta buy someone else VIP and trust them not to screw me just to run an org and have decent gym, I'm either going to pass [on spending money] or find someone I know in real life--and that, too, is apparently a problem that could lead to loss of VIP [money], and thusly is unappealing. It just seems like there's an unnecessary impediment to me spending my money on something that would also benefit the community: the risk of losing real money. If we remove the risk of spending real money and getting screwed, I certainly would be spending more for this.

• Upvote 3

I would love to have another business and I'm betting a lot of gym owners like myself would as well. No money in gyms, so another business to supplement them would be great IMO

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

In all other cases, we will have cases where certain managers will simply own all company types.

I feel like an Elcor by prefacing like this, but it's probably warranted. I mean this politely and with sincerity: I don't see the problem there. If a manager wants to take a full 50% VIP hit to run three companies (who's gonna run both a clothing and nutrition company?), what's the problem with that? It's slightly pay to win, but private gyms are basically p2w and prevent you from contributing to the game; at least this allows people to pay to contribute, too. It seems like a win-win. I would honestly love to know what anyone's objection is, systemically, just so I can understand. I totally get not being interested, but I didn't account for anyone objecting on principle.

• Downvote 1

My imagination just flashed to a world where everyone gets a free fighter slot and a free business slot for The Island. There are currently 500+ fighters on The Island. If everyone who's made an Island fighter made a business... we'd have actual weight loss/gain products already, and virtually no free agents. Unfortunately, we'd have a lot of businesses run by dudes like Curix, closing his second org in a month.

My imagination just flashed to a world where everyone gets a free fighter slot and a free business slot for The Island. There are currently 500+ fighters on The Island. If everyone who's made an Island fighter made a business... we'd have actual weight loss/gain products already, and virtually no free agents. Unfortunately, we'd have a lot of businesses run by dudes like Curix, closing his second org in a month.

Go back to sleep, reggie. It was just a nightmare.

• Upvote 1