Being an org owner

umbridge1991

When i started up StrikeForce Union i had high hopes. When i started the game it was hard for me to get fair fights for my fighters due to IDs. So i made a org to cater the new fighter creations. I spent when money i had on setting it up and i have dedicated a lot of time to make it successful and we are still growing each week.

But what really pisses me off. Managers which think they are doing me a favour by fighting in my org? Declining fair fight offers? And then demanding to be released! What the Fuck! I pay you to fight. I pay bloody good wages aswell! Then everyday i get someone messaging me demanding a fight offer for some piss kid who hasn't won a fight in 4 fights.

Any other org managers get this feeling at times? Im sorry to lump this on here. I feel if there was a relevent agony aunt page it would belong on there lol.

• Upvote 4

But what really pisses me off. Managers which think they are doing me a favour by fighting in my org? Declining fair fight offers? And then demanding to be released! What the Fuck! I pay you to fight. I pay bloody good wages aswell! Then everyday i get someone messaging me demanding a fight offer for some piss kid who hasn't won a fight in 4 fights.

I've had my hand in running three orgs, and all three times I encountered all of the things you're bringing up. It's important for me to remember that this is a game and we're all just trying to have fun. For some, that's always winning, even against scrubs. For some, it's competition. For others, it's the interaction with others. If someone isn't having fun and wishes to seek it elsewhere, I've always agreed that they should. I won't give them what they want in my org, but I generally try to make it possible to achieve. If a guy wants to fight scrubs until he's "earned" a title shot, it's possible, but it'll take a hell of a long time and one scrub can screw it all up. There are always options. (c:

Technically, since you could make enough money running the org to buy VIP with Tycoon Cash, they are doing you a favor; you need them more than they need you, right up until you're the only org left. Since that ain't happening, they will always be doing you a favor unless you are massively overpaying because you DGAF about the money (kinda like Callum always did at Highland) so much as just having fun. You don't know why they declined; it could be personal, game or real life personal, or maybe they know something about their fighter you don't that makes a seemingly fair fight not so fair. End of the day, it's best for you to just move on after a decline and pretend it didn't happen. If you get a guy who declines too many fights, communicate with them or drop 'em. Some guys don't think declining a fight is a big deal; others, like me, virtually never decline fights. Different strokes, different folks.

• Upvote 2

There will always be a disconnect between org owners and fighters on the subject what constitutes a fair fight. Some people prefer only to fight the five hundred fighters above or below theirs on the creation date ID range. Others only look at primary skills and base their decision solely on that.

I have actually added a stipulation on the front page of my organization that gives fighters an out; if they don't want to fight a proposed opponent, they're welcome to decline the fight, so long as they give me an explanation. If I don't care for the explanation, I may recommend that they fight elsewhere to find opponents more suitable to their specific needs, but usually it leads to a cordial conversation in which both sides grow to understand each other.

There will always be problem managers that want the fairest of circumstances for their fighter, because they don't want a challenge while playing a competitive game; it's best to nip that in the bud as early as possible, and send them on their way BEFORE you help them build any hype that you won't get back. I've learned that there is no fighter in this game that is worth having a constant headache over.

• Upvote 4

they are doing you a favor; you need them more than they need you,

This is the only sentence that I don't completely agree with out of your two paragraphs. It isn't necessarily untrue, but I personally believe that the gain is mutual when an organization is run properly. There are plenty of fighters and plenty of orgs to choose from, so both sides have the capacity to be picky.

Welcome to the world of being an org owner.

Owning an org is hard work and unless you have owned or run one, you will never know how hard it is to not only build but to maintain a good org with a good rep.

Every org will have fighters who decline for the most stupid reason. Most of these are newer managers who don't necessarily know the 'etiquette' of having a fighter in an org. But no matter the hype or how established you are as an org you will always have someone who is difficult to deal with.

Best is to open communication with that manager to see what is the best solution. If there is no compromise, then best to cut your losses rather than to hold on to a fighter who will just cause you more headaches down the line.

• Upvote 2

what annoys me the most about being a org owner is not getting a reason for the decline

if i got a reason id know if it was something im doing wrong and if it is i could put it right

one manager declined a contract offer from me but gave me a long message y he did and asked me questions as to y h is fighter should sign with brfc

im all for interaction with the guys in the org :)

Some managers are hell of a dick to work with. As a former matchmaker, I feel you. Don't get too emotionally attached though becuz they ain't shit. I am a fan of Strikeforce Union and I really have a high hope. Don't give up to improve it.

Owning an org is hard work and unless you have owned or run one, you will never know how hard it is to not only build but to maintain a good org with a good rep..

I haven't owned an org but have worked in one and I was shocked at all the inner workings of an org. I gained a lot of respect for all org owners. especially the top orgs who put in all the time and work to run such an org.

My hats off to all org owners, you guys rock :band:

I haven't owned an org but have worked in one and I was shocked at all the inner workings of an org. I gained a lot of respect for all org owners. especially the top orgs who put in all the time and work to run such an org.

My hats off to all org owners, you guys rock :band:

Yeah some org owners just make it looks so easy. Hats off to them.