TUF season 2 brainstorming thread

UniConor

TUF season 2 poll  

22 members have voted

1. 1. 270k or 290k?

2. 2. if 270k what weightclass?

3. 3. if 290k what weightclass?

So after a successful first tournament which you can read here!

It's onto the second season I promised.

If you're unfamiliar with the concept you can read about it on the link I just posted ^ but it's nearly identical to the real life TUF series so it involves a lot of role play and quick fights with not much preparation time.

I am going to add in a poll to decide whether we're going to make this a 270k or 290k tournament and which weightclasses to do. Completely up to the participants.

Obviously it goes without saying, this is just a brainstorming thread. Feel free to post your ideas, suggestions and improvements but don't post your fighter here I do sign ups in private. Just vote and let me know what you think.

If 270k or 290k and the whatever weightclass it will be doesn't suit you then never fear, you can still be apart of the tournament because I still need:

An org to host it in (and be able to do 2 events per week)

A writer (who is reliable and able to consistently do quick write ups)

A graphics designer

I also need 2 coaches for this season, but unlike last season I want these coaches to be fighter personalities instead of managers. So they can and WILL fight at the end of the season. If you have want to be a coach please let me know.

I think I have forgotten something while writing this in a mad man rush, I will add to this if I think about what it is. Any questions please feel free to ask them!

* important details I did forget

- There will be a minimum fight entry. If 270k it will be 5 fights which includes TWGC and KT. If 290k it will be 3 fights which also includes TWGC and KT. Please vote accordingly.

- Also last season there was a big rush, I'm happy to sit on this tournaments brainstorming and sign up process a lot longer so if your guy has fight or 2 left. Don't panic. It should be enough time for you to to get those last fights in to make the minimum requirement.

I would like to have a fighter in this. 270k works for me at any weight below 185 and 290 is also good 205+.

You could always do both ID restrictions ;)

Yeah I could! Might see about doing that

I voted 290k @ 145lbs. Id like to enter but only have 300k fighters :(

Hey man! You can always enter, the worst that happens is that you lose once. Hope to get you on board

I've got decent HW fighters at both 270k & 290k ID. So I vote for HWs... plus they make exciting fights!

Last time I couldn't take part because my only feasible fighter was HW

I really wanted to do 270k 265 because like you said, heavyweights are fun. But Wolf and generation robbed me off that :(

So the coaches will fight only at the end of the tournament?

Correct on the finale

I'd like to be involved in whatever way possible. I voted 170 ID and weight class, but 190k 170 weight class is always perfect for a fighter of mine. I'd be willing to take a coaching job with one of my fighters also.

Awesome, I'll make a note of your fighters and that you wouldn't mind being a coach.

290 is perfect for a newer manager like me, cause I actually have projects at this ID. I would definitely have someone for the 185, 155, and possibly 170 weightclasses.

Last one was very interesting to follow, so this one should be good too!

Thats why I made an option for 290k, it gets the newer generation involved and 290k guys are still quite skilled and not as fresh as 300k.

I actually think that 265 and 170 weight class with the same style as last time would be great.

Hope to get you back involved, was fun having you last time!

I could do 205lbs at 290k

and 145, 155, 170, 185 and 265lbs at 270k.

Hope to get involved.

The feelings mutual mate

We need a Julian Lane/Junie Browning character

We do indeed! Everybody loves to hate a good heel.

On an additional note: Thank you to everybody who responded and voted I really want everybody to compete and I know some of you will feel disapopinted that the ID or weightclass you chose isn't all that popular but what I forgot to mention was that in the last TUF I would let people compete a whole weightclass under the designated one. Letting 170lbers fight at 185 for example, since this happens in the real life TUF. Plus the fact that there will be a long time to gain or lose weight before the first fights, if you aren't in the right weight class to compete right now I'm sure you can manipulate your weight to get close!

If we have overwhelming reaction and sign ups to this (in the future) I would love to do a fight in event, so don't worry about over crowding. The strong will seperate themselves from the weak.

• Upvote 1

205 guys can bulk up and fight at 265 - we had this same issue last time and I couldn't compete.

Or agree to meet half way and cap at 230lbs

Joe Langs guy was a heavyweight who dropped down to 205 and he made a really nice story about it.

We have to go with the majority I'm afraid.

You should have enough time to lose that weight.

** any org owners willing to let me run this in their org? :(

Joe Langs guy was a heavyweight who dropped down to 205 and he made a really nice story about it.

We have to go with the majority I'm afraid.

You should have enough time to lose that weight.

** any org owners willing to let me run this in their org? :(

My guy currently cuts to 240lbs - is this achievable? I'm pretty sure if we agreed to meet halfway at 230 this wouldn't be an issue for 205lbers OR 265lbers meaning the majority are happier

Judging by the poll it's pretty even between 205/265 so it's not just me that loses out if we agree on 265. I missed out last time for this exact reason.

If we do 205

170, 185 and 265 can compete maximizing entries and participation.

If we do 265, 205 can compete and 185 might barely be able to make requirements.

If the polls don't dramatically change so 265 is the majority. It will be 205.

If you really want to compete, I would suggest 160q weightloss as soon as possible to optimize your chances.

If we do 205

170, 185 and 265 can compete maximizing entries and participation.

If we do 265, 205 can compete and 185 might barely be able to make requirements.

If the polls don't dramatically change so 265 is the majority. It will be 205.

If you really want to compete, I would suggest 160q weightloss as soon as possible to optimize your chances.

So you think realistically my guy can lose 35lbs in time?