Does my fighter have potential?

WarMachine

My fighter Aoki Aoki popped solid chin on the right and KO power on the left.

This is the first time I've ever had this and along with an IQ over 120 does he have potential and should I be reasonably pleased with this role?

He's an average learner so have no qualms with that.

He hasn't fought anyone and no offence to the managers of any real talent yet so can't know if he has any heart yet but 3 fights in and @ 300k I'd i can protect him for a bit becaus his skills are not up to scratch yet.

What do you think?

If his heart is above average, he have definitly amazing hidens for a standup warrior.

What weight category he is in? chin is more important as lower you go in weight class i believe, imho his best weight class would be 170lbs, because it take a little bit from every class division, you can score knockouts and get gruesome decision fights, it is the most flexible weight class.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

120 IQ is still more than decent to be an ok grappler though, KO power should also help in the ground and pound (i am not sure about submissions but maybe it have an impact there too, since KO power hidden is just a damage xx multiplier of the game, like Critical Hits in RPG games).

Whats his height? it might be better if you send him to 170lbs as knockouts are abit more easier than 155lbs and below, just sayng your KO power mixed with chin potential is better used in that category, always imho ofcourse.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really think that IQ helps with defending a specific submission attempt, is more about getting in the best position or making the right choice. But once they're trying to submit you, I don't think it really makes the difference... even if it has an effect, BJJ+Defensive Grappling and secondarily submissions, flexibility and strength have a greater effect, IMHO. IQ, if it even comes into play, comes after all of these.

So if you get submitted easily either you were much lower on one of these or you just set bad sliders and got in a dangerous situation. If you link the fight maybe we can find something useful (but it's difficult for us without knowing both fighthers' secondaries and sliders)

So this fighter with the potential got subbed by a purple belt and my defenses are pretty solid.

One sub attempt and he tapped out.

So angry. I didn't want him to lose and plus aoki lost his one fighting belt to

Could be that his heart wasnt THAT good then...or...

...were his physicals fully developed? Flexibility and cardio expecially.

Ok never mind, i watched the commentary and looks like your sliders on the ground are shit, no offense, also that the opponent was a purple belt doesnt mean much, on the island i managed to submit a lot of brown belts with my purplebelt/wrestler build, but the fact that this guy submitted you is because you were sitting on him doing nothing, in guard position which is bad, against roughly similar BJJ experts you battle it out in side control and you go very active.

This armbar he did to you remind me of Fedor getting caught against Werdum while pounding him :D

I hear that. He is a shinya aoki clone. Based solely on him. I suck at the game but find it quite therapeutic in replicating real fighters careers. This just fuxked me a bit because shinya only loses by being finished. And not by subs.

He has great hiddens so let's see if I can turn it around.

Maybe do a few at 170 just like shinya did early in his career.

In regards to getting submitted: it comes down to the Heart hidden first and formeost. This is the resilience to stay in the fight after taking damage and also resisting submissions, like a guy who would never tap and gets his arm broken before he ever tapped. So it would be the opponents Confidence hidden vs your fighters Heart hidden.

And then as Diablix said the def grappling vs opponents subs ability and then the other stuff like physicals which are all complicated formulas (like percentages of each physical etc).

And also important is the energy levels like if your fighter had less energy then more likely to get subbed.

Then sliders as well. Remember going full control/full counter will not always prevent you from being subbed out. full counter will just make your guy have no ground actions.

In this game I would not reccomend trying to replicate real fighters exactly, like you can pretend this guy is Shinya Aoki if he went up to Welterwieght and became a GOAT in the 170 division. It is very bad to have a guy so tall at a low weight class unless he has a lot of heart. It's just very tough is all so be careful of it.

In the end trying to replicate a real life fighters career is going to fuck you over. Trust me I have tried it and it is not pretty. There are certain height ranges which work for each weight class and you would be way better off gaining him to at least 171 lbs.