Which stats are ground secondaries?

Just avoid putting any points / training in:

Ground and pound

Takedowns

Takedown Defense

Submissions

Defensive Grappling

Escapes

Wrestling primary though is still very important as it helps a lot with the clinch.

That said do what you would do for a standup MMA striker, without worrying being taken down

N.B: To be honest I never had a KT fight in this game, but even though some specific sorts of takedowns (trips and sweeps plus some techniques from clinch) are legal in Muay Thai I don't think they are used in this game... but please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway even if you take the opponent down you can't hit him, so it's just about scoring points which can be considered secondary even if implemented imho

110 box rest in Wrestling

Punch, Clinch, Striking Defense

Some prefer high str others spd to start

granite chin, ko power, heart

Im guessing this is how most are started.

I'd go max in MT as that covers punching too to some extent.

Secondly, giving high speed at the beginning can cause the TOTT to read "fast" on the third line, which overwrites other hiddens (though not granite chin/KO power, which are what we all want anyway). And giving them high strength at first is a bit of a waste as strength and cardio pump fastest of all the stats. Balance is basically unnecessary for a KT fighter, maybe it has a tiny effect, but nowhere near as important as the other physicals.

• Upvote 1

I mostly agree with Bwang, about physicals i'd put 110 on agility, 10 cardio, 1 strenght and the rest in either flexibility (if you want a MT guy with nasty head kicks) or speed (for a punch oriented one).

That said 160q cardio supp, bring him at least to Exceptional cardio, then 160q muscle bulk supps, bring him to at least Exceptional strength then start building the rest of the physicals with this order of priorities:

1. Agility

2. Flexibility (for a kicker) / Speed (for a boxer)

3. Speed (for a kicker) / Flexibility (for a boxer)

4. Balance

Balance i'm quite sure it affect some situations, even if I never tested it, starting from the clinch to helping avoiding knockdowns (ok, you don't risk being ground and pounded, but it doesn't help your scoring). But for sure is much less important than the other 3. Even speed is not as useful as for MMA, for sure it is useful for striking, but IMHO has a much greater effect for takedowns offense/defense, for a pure striker imho agility and primaries/secondaries have a greater impact. But if you are not going to try head kicks... well, is the only one besides agility that helps, so that's why it's second for boxers. Anyway, raise both sooner or later.

For balance i think that the natural evolution with circuit training (general) and wrestling sparrings will be more than enough for a KT fighter, especially if you do some Yoga to quickly raise flexibility. No need to put further attention.

Speed will raise a bit while training strength, in addition to circuit training. Once the others physicals are shaped up it could be a good idea to throw a circuit training (speed) here and there. For a kicker that's the same with Yoga.

Of course Exceptional should be just a starting point, once you have decent physicals (Exceptional+ in conditioning, strenght, agility and Superb+ in flexibility/speed) you are ready to start fighting. But once you see that the guy has good hiddens, Conditioning, Strength and Agility should be raised to at least Elite-- before he starts taking serious competition