Player run media orgs (based on fight promotions)

TAYNE

So this idea may be a bit out there, but I think it's fun.

What inspired this for me was a random interview I got in the mail that revealed my fighter was a bit of a clod. Wouldn't it be fun if players could participate in this in some way?

The org owner (And it could be a radio show/podcast or a tv show based on the price of the company) would book guests, paying their travel/hotel fees if necessary with a booking fee for the manager/fighter on top. They'd make ad money depending on the popularity and hype of the fighter. Player businesses could buy ad space.

The interviews we see could be as simple as the quick blurbs we get now or more complicated randomly generated stuff.

If you wanted to get really crazy and weird with it, you could set sliders for the interview - serious, lighthearted, pursue sensitive topics, change the topic, that kind of thing. I'd find that amusing but I don't really see it happening.

The fighter would take a morale and energy hit (from what I can tell fighters hate doing promo - perhaps this would vary with hiddens) in exchange for some cash, a chance at evaluating certain hiddens, and perhaps a pop boost or penalty depending on how the interview goes.

The interview might require sacrificing a training session if further balancing is required.

You could also feature show highlights to help boost an allied promotion's hype

You might consider allowing non-vip members to start podcasts, which would be like a highly limited version of this business designed to get people 'hooked' on the idea. Maybe it would even generate VIP sales?

• Upvote 2

So this idea may be a bit out there, but I think it's fun.

What inspired this for me was a random interview I got in the mail that revealed my fighter was a bit of a clod. Wouldn't it be fun if players could participate in this in some way?

The org owner (And it could be a radio show/podcast or a tv show based on the price of the company) would book guests, paying their travel/hotel fees if necessary with a booking fee for the manager/fighter on top. They'd make ad money depending on the popularity and hype of the fighter. Player businesses could buy ad space.

The interviews we see could be as simple as the quick blurbs we get now or more complicated randomly generated stuff.

If you wanted to get really crazy and weird with it, you could set sliders for the interview - serious, lighthearted, pursue sensitive topics, change the topic, that kind of thing. I'd find that amusing but I don't really see it happening.

The fighter would take a morale and energy hit (from what I can tell fighters hate doing promo - perhaps this would vary with hiddens) in exchange for some cash, a chance at evaluating certain hiddens, and perhaps a pop boost or penalty depending on how the interview goes.

The interview might require sacrificing a training session if further balancing is required.

You could also feature show highlights to help boost an allied promotion's hype

You might consider allowing non-vip members to start podcasts, which would be like a highly limited version of this business designed to get people 'hooked' on the idea. Maybe it would even generate VIP sales?

What I highlighted there could go either way. Some fighters like doing interviews while others hate them, but even those that like them, or at least don't mind them can get a bit irritated if doing too many in a short period of time, or if a interview goes too far. So the morale and/or energy loss could just as well be a gain.

I like the idea and see how it could create interest, It could be something that goes into the MMATycoon News. I'd also add in surprise guest which could be the next opponent or a future match between contenders.

Another thing I would add is the possibility of either a contender or a champ being at the fight to call out a winner for a future title fight. This could be in the TOTT as well as being in a news story.

I would limit the use of that last part so org's have to earn spots just as they need certain hype to do PPV (properly). This would keep the feature from being abused and becoming stale, so I would give max 2 a month, but most would only get one. That would make match making a little more interesting and when you decide to use the spacial guest call out feature you would just insert a name and check a box.