Official 2017 Camp League

Okay I can't resist this opportunity:

Rafael Dos Anjos (Unranked at WW - $10,000)

This is fine for anyone that is questioning it. It was announced that he is moving to WW yesterday.

Gwad is up

PS - I don't think he'll be champ again, but has got a good chance at breaking into top 5 in 2017 if he has two wins at WW.

Very happy with Yoel Romero, Jimmie Rivera, Ian McCall, OSP, Joe Lauzon, Hector Lombard & Rafael dos Anjos. Gonna rename it Camp Cabron also, given the number of Central Americans (yes I know Haitians don't speak Spanish).

Just Gwad & JLP left, then 24h before we have our weekly option of buying again.

?

Doesn't make sense, he's still ranked at lw

I understand, but he is officially moving to WW and is currently unranked there, like Donald Cerrone is still ranked differently in LW and WW but he is currently fighting at WW where he is ranked 5 so he cost 50K and will earn what top 5 fighters earn but if he fights at LW he is ranked 11 so he will earn what a 11-15 ranked fighter earns there.

It would be harsh to charge someone 50K for someone who is currently unranked at WW and is fighting in WW division.

I could make up lots of different tiny rules for scenarios like this but it would be a ballache.

Between you and me RDA is a bum since USADA anyway lol

I understand, but he is officially moving to WW and is currently unranked there, like Donald Cerrone is still ranked differently in LW and WW but he is currently fighting at WW where he is ranked 5 so he cost 50K and will earn what top 5 fighters earn but if he fights at LW he is ranked 11 so he will earn what a 11-15 ranked fighter earns there.

It would be harsh to charge someone 50K for someone who is currently unranked at WW and is fighting in WW division.

I could make up lots of different tiny rules for scenarios like this but it would be a ballache.

I agree with that last line but at $10,000 he's a steal.

And exactly - he's no longer fighting at LW therefore unranked at WW and will earn $2,000 for his first fight

But what if he's gonna fight at lw again anyways? Heck, GDR's next fight is at fhw, can I get her for 10k too? Is Holm 10k now? You see what a headache these tiny exceptions can create?

But what if he's gonna fight at lw again anyways? Heck, GDR's next fight is at fhw, can I get her for 10k too? Is Holm 10k now? You see what a headache these tiny exceptions can create?

Good point, but it's a new weightclass therefore everyone moving there would be unranked, so the first fight would by default be a title shot. RDA on the other hand has to climb the ranks and start at the bottom so in reality is unranked, whereas Holm is essentially #1 so you could also argue paying $100,000 for her and GDR $50,000 so let's not even go there.

The line should be drawn at whether the weight class they move to is new.

I don't mind waiting a few days to see if RDA gets ranked and having first dibs on picking him based on what price he goes for (I'd pay up to $15,000 or possibly $25,000 if he enters at #6).

If that's the case I'll pick someone else instead for now, but I think it's reasonable according to the rules.

Good point, but it's a new weightclass therefore everyone moving there would be unranked, so the first fight would by default be a title shot. RDA on the other hand has to climb the ranks and start at the bottom so in reality is unranked, whereas Holm is essentially #1 so you could also argue paying $100,000 for her and GDR $50,000 so let's not even go there.

The line should be drawn at whether the weight class they move to is new.

I don't mind waiting a few days to see if RDA gets ranked and having first dibs on picking him based on what price he goes for (I'd pay up to $15,000 or possibly $25,000 if he enters at #6).

If that's the case I'll pick someone else instead for now, but I think it's reasonable according to the rules.

Well, the rules say nothing about weightclasses, just about being ranked. Imo, that means highest ranking counts.

See page two:

If a fighter moves up to fight in a different weight class he will earn whatever rank he is in the weight class he is fighting in, for example if he is ranked #7 in BW and unranked in FW and he is fighting in FW he will only earn what an unranked fighter makes UNLESS he is a champion in his current weightclass. That is the only exception.

You've gotta apply common sense also. No rule is specified for new weight classes, but GRD & Holm are clearly #1 and #2 and after the fight will be #1 and #2 so you gotta draw the line here. Realistically they should both cost $50,000 because worst case either of them would be #2 after the fight and so cannot be worth less than $50,000. By your logic of paying based on their highest rank you UNDERPAID for GRD so you don't want to argue this.

RDA on the other hand is in a completely different situation in the sense that he has to start from the bottom of WW and work his way up. If RDA Moses he'll remain unranked. No doubt he'll have preferential treatment much like Jon Jones (who costs $10,000) would also be propelled straight to the top if he wins, but RDA won't make it into top 5 after one win anyway so you could argue Jon Jones should cost $50,000 also.

Two different scenarios here...

As Rory said he doesn't want too many tiny rules.

So let's not even go there...

Well, the rules say nothing about weightclasses, just about being ranked. Imo, that means highest ranking counts.

I should have posted more rules you are right but with a game that has the potential to be as complex as this, with small things like this going on it can be hard to even think of all the rules. Whoever picked jon jones could be in for a great deal as well as he is currently unranked but will most likely return with a title shot this year - who knows. I am honestly trying to do this the fairest way possible and would have no reason at all to help out masterleader.

The Holm and GDR situation is odd as well as we have said, becuase they decided to open a new division that does not show any rankings at all! I guess stuff like this is part of the tactical side of the game, will you risk getting someone who might get USADA'd, retire, injured, move weightclass... etc

I should have posted more rules you are right but with a game that has the potential to be as complex as this, with small things like this going on it can be hard to even think of all the rules. Whoever picked jon jones could be in for a great deal as well as he is currently unranked but will most likely return with a title shot this year - who knows. I am honestly trying to do this the fairest way possible and would have no reason at all to help out masterleader.

The Holm and GDR situation is odd as well as we have said, becuase they decided to open a new division that does not show any rankings at all! I guess stuff like this is part of the tactical side of the game, will you risk getting someone who might get USADA'd, retire, injured, move weightclass... etc

See my post above. I've argued the same thing lol

USADA have been the biggest challenge to making picks not gonna lie

See page two:

If a fighter moves up to fight in a different weight class he will earn whatever rank he is in the weight class he is fighting in, for example if he is ranked #7 in BW and unranked in FW and he is fighting in FW he will only earn what an unranked fighter makes UNLESS he is a champion in his current weightclass. That is the only exception.

You've gotta apply common sense also. No rule is specified for new weight classes, but GRD & Holm are clearly #1 and #2 and after the fight will be #1 and #2 so you gotta draw the line here. Realistically they should both cost $50,000 because worst case either of them would be #2 after the fight and so cannot be worth less than $50,000. By your logic of paying based on their highest rank you UNDERPAID for GRD so you don't want to argue this.

RDA on the other hand is in a completely different situation in the sense that he has to start from the bottom of WW and work his way up. If RDA Moses he'll remain unranked. No doubt he'll have preferential treatment much like Jon Jones (who costs $10,000) would also be propelled straight to the top if he wins, but RDA won't make it into top 5 after one win anyway so you could argue Jon Jones should cost $50,000 also.

As Rory said he doesn't want too many tiny rules.

Let's not even go there...

I'm not going to say I didn'the take advantage of the rules. I however followed them, and paid what my fighters are ranked right now. But Rory can make the decision, I'v made my point.

But that's not what the rules say. Therefore I am following the rules. Did you read anything I posted above?

He will cost/earn at whatever he is ranked in the weight class he's moved to, so if anyone is breaking the rules it's you given GRD is at least top two at featherweight but you've paid $25,000.

By the way - I'm not arguing you should pay more but you're shooting yourself in the foot a bit by making this bullshit argument :)

PS - Just noticed Jon Jones was your pick. Didn't even realise when I made my point above. Also getting Jacare was pretty flukey also given the timing of the news of his next fight. You win some, you lose some. No one is breaking the rules.

I'm not going to say I didn'the take advantage of the rules. I however followed them, and paid what my fighters are ranked right now. But Rory can make the decision, I'v made my point.

But that's not what the rules say. Therefore I am following the rules. Did you read anything I posted above?

He will cost/earn at whatever he is ranked in the weight class he's moved to, so if anyone is breaking the rules it's you given GRD is at least top two at featherweight but you've paid $25,000.

By the way - I'm not arguing you should pay more but you're shooting yourself in the foot a bit by making this bullshit argument :)

PS - Just noticed Jon Jones was your pick. Didn't even realise when I made my point above. Also getting Jacare was pretty flukey also given the timing of the news of his next fight. You win some, you lose some. No one is breaking the rules. If you feel so hard done by I'll swap teams with you, yours looks better not gonna lie.

I think you have a decent case timqwe don't get me wrong and I don't want to seem like a dictator as this game is for all of us - my decisions have not benefited myself in anyway and I could rack my brain around all the different scenarios to come from the rules in place but I'm trying my best here lol.

Anyway, lets not get any confrontations on the go. Not worth it and noone can predict the future, it could be a good pick or it could be a bad pick. Will be interesting to see how he does in WW none the less.

2 more picks to go and we can sit back and await our first fights!

The rules only state something about pay in case of moving up, not ranking.

Once again, I'm paying what my fighters are ranked at right now. An exception of a weightclass change rule means the existing rule applies. Jones is not comparable at all, he's not changing weightclasses. With GDR I would actually gain, because her in the future being ranked has nothing to do with her ranking at the moment I picked her

Edit: Calling Jacare flukey is just a straight up lie. That's not flukey, that's getting lucky, could've happened to anyone

The rules only state something about pay in case of moving up, not ranking.

Once again, I'm paying what my fighters are ranked at right now. An exception of a weightclass change rule means the existing rule applies. Jones is not comparable at all, he'said not changing weightclass especially. With GDR I would actually gain, because her in the future being ranked has nothing to do with her ranking at the moment I picked her

Edit: Calling Jacare flukey is just a straight up lie. That's not flukey, that's getting lucky, could've happened to anyone

Have you actually read the rules? You realise the price you pay is based on their rank in the new weightclass and given there are only two people at featherweight she's top 2 minimum. There aren't any official rankings just yet but this is common sense. So stop digging holes...

I didn't complain when you picked GRD just like you have no right to complain when I pick RDA.

Official definition of "Fluke" - achieve (something) by luck rather than skill.

Anyway - can we agree to disagree? Let's just enjoy the game.

Have you actually read the rules? You realise the price you pay is based on their rank in the new weightclass and given there are only two people at featherweight she's top 2 minimum. There aren't any official rankings just yet but this is common sense. So stop digging holes...

I didn't complain when you picked GRD just like you have no right to complain when I pick RDA.

Official definition of "Fluke" - achieve (something) by luck rather than skill.

Anyway - can we agree to disagree? Let's just enjoy the game.

I've read the rules and follow them to the point. You are assuming one rule addaption also applies to another rule. But if no one else has a problem with it, I'm willing to drop it

I've read the rules and fallen them too the point. You are assuming one rule addaption also applies to another rule.

I'm using common sense. Much like you have. This is only a game and Rory doesn't have enough time to type up a 20 page document with each specific scenario.

It's perfectly reasonable to interpret the rules as I have. Plus I cleared it up with Rory (who wrote the rules) before I made the selection.

Also - this is pretty exciting for me already given two of my fighters are fighting in the first event!

U know ... RDA at 10k is .. wow !!!

well done mate !!! That's huge draw for u !

PS : I need to keep my eyes on MMA news sites .. missed that he is moving to WW ! ;)

• Upvote 1

U know ... RDA at 10k is .. wow !!!

well done mate !!! That's huge draw for u !

PS : I need to keep my eyes on MMA news sites .. missed that he is moving to WW ! ;)

I wouldn't have noticed if Timqwe hadn't spotted the Jacare thing for this very reason. What's the deadline for JLP's pick? Seeing as he's picking last he could just wait like 24 hours in case any big news came up and exploit that. I'm easy either way :)

EDIT - Thinking about changing camp name from "Camp Cabrón" to "Camp Jesus" seeing as Romero (my captain) referenced Gay Jesus & Camp means gay so it's a good pun also. Thoughts?