Introduce Body Mass Index as a stat

JakeF

Ok, guys this suggestion wouldn't have exact numbers or formulas but I wanted to hear opinions first on that matter.

What do we have now? Fighter's height and weight which seem to be taken as pure values in the fight engine.

What's the problem with that? It seems to allow 150cm 200 lbs. fighters to abuse it and to use a solid grappling advantage at higher weight categories. Also something could be done for too tall strikers, tho they are already vulnerable to body shots.

What's my suggestion? Introduce a third value - BMI which should have effect on hmm... speed, energy, strength/power(open to suggestions). It's effect should work normally in between let's say 21-28 BMI range - higher BMI will increase strength/power/control but decrease speed/energy. Below 21 and above 28 BMI there should be increasing penalties on strength/power/control/damage sustainability for below 21 BMI and increasing penalties on speed/energy for above 28 BMI.

For Metrics BMI is calculated:

BMI = x KG / (y M * y M)

x KG - weight in kilos

y M - height in meters

I think this could bring some more realism into fight engine. Looking to hear others' opinions and suggestions.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...