Ribeiro and The Island Title

JakeF

I'm shocked to find out people speak to their managers in this way, it's not a way to do business in my view. In my own organisation we have some fairly dominant champions who have a fairly significant hype/pop advantage over some worthy competitors and in them cases simply discussing the situation like a regular human being with both parties has always resulted in an amicable solution for all, if you go in just been offensive how can you expect the outcome to be anything but a net loss for the org?

Respect is very important and ovo is anything but a coward. You made a mistake this time and you really should consider owning it so it doesn't become a *thing*. My unwanted two pennies.

If this shocks you Adam you need to get out more. You jump in quick after hearing one side of the discussion. I'm running an org on the island with 3-4 events a week. Not a mainland ORG with one card a week. Cards need to be filled and I don't have time to panda too managers much I'm just trying to get fair fights sorted out. I'm very happy for this to become a "thing" mate because there are a few cbomb on here having a say who don't know shit about the time it takes to run an org on the island.

How long did you're Island ORG last this season anyway?

• Downvote 6

If this shocks you Adam you need to get out more. You jump in quick after hearing one side of the discussion. I'm running an org on the island with 3-4 events a week. Not a mainland ORG with one card a week. Cards need to be filled and I don't have time to panda too managers much I'm just trying to get fair fights sorted out. I'm very happy for this to become a "thing" mate because there are a few cbomb on here having a say who don't know shit about the time it takes to run an org on the island.

How long did you're Island ORG last this season anyway?

As it happens I do not get out much as you say, you might be right and ill take that to heart when considering if I should offer up my unwanted two pennies in the future, I tend to make it a habit to avoid these types of posts but a little part of me felt that what I had to say might actually help you become something people want to remember fondly when they look back upon this otherwise shit show shambles of a season.

Instead you want to be the internet's answer to Dana White, that's fine, you play the game how you want to play it but if you are in a situation where you have to have a guy fight the same guy over and over and over and over again theirs a fair chance you are doing something wrong to start with.

Do I understand the time it takes to run an org on the Island? you even burned me pretty good with that, bravo.

As you so sharply pointed out I did try to run Island Aspire while also running Aspire MMA and I would in all honest still be doing so today if I had any of the following options open to me;

A ) If I could have been hired to the org directly despite owning an org, or been able to open an Island specific company.

B ) JB and or Jackie had been available to action my requests as was originally the plan, circumstance pretty much made this impossible.

C ) I had been the type of dude to load a vpn up and multi account, know anybody who does that btw? :) no? ok let's carry on.

So as you hinted we had to close that organisation fairly soon after it's creation and we actually made recommendations to our roster to join org's like yours and used every penny the promotion had made to date in order to fill as many fighters pockets as possible to give them the best possible start to the season given the situation, I regret how it went down and on that you have me bang to rights.

With that said, given how much of a shit show this season has been and given this chosen management style you have adopted, I speculate people will hold Island Aspire in higher regard than they will The Island Title in retrospect. Prove me wrong! I want to be wrong, but you just cannot go around talking to people like that and expecting good things to come out of it.

As for that "putting in time" comment, lol. Come on, as if you even tried that angle, have you see what my team is doing here?

TL;DR - It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Nh_PObfnR0K8sYPEtpd37A.png

fe8BWT0MSnOVQO9PXml3Yg.png

gAMhbDwlQvCvmsvKhsomkw.png

y_xjZUKmTLaFKreqY0t4IQ.png

http://i.hurimg.com/i/hurriyet/75/0x0/590c22ec18c7731380c69ae2.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Apart from the popcorn part of this argument I've tried to stay away but I will comment on one thing:

One of the big reasons I kept IFC open is because TONS of people supported us. Amongst them:

1- Scotty and TIT who brought over some top fighters when he didn't have to, when my org was in shambles.

2- Aspire (Shiv offered us to help financially without having to return the money, this guy is a fucking boss)

I took Scotty's fighters and some became champs, I did not take Shiv's cash but just having that kind of financial backing in my back pocket meant 170+ fighters got to keep their jobs even if we went broke. If anything Aspire and TIT amongst many others kept IFC alive.

So before anyone wants to call my season of the Island a shit show please check your facts and your contacts, there is so much more to it if you look carefully.

I also want to point something out: I already made my $ and somewhat built my network so that my projects can either have their private gym under me or private gyms at friends'. I could close IFC today and say fuck off / bonsoir to everyone but I have made promises, to the people that taught me this game and to the managers at IFC, to Jay Tycooner who trusted me with his brand.

Drama is all good as long as we understand that this is just a game and we live is a fragile ecosystem. Rivalries are good... as long as everyone is still playing the game tomorrow.

Camara.

• Upvote 2

Smart because any manager who picks them up if they win end of season ovo will get the credit. If they lose ovo won't be at fault just the new managers. I want to pick one of them up just to see the Physicals and stats for a next season build. Maybe get some scouting info on ovo ;)

Ribeiro started with 110 sdef, clinch, def grappling and subs and 38 transitions. Physicals were equal at creation, only balance was 1 pt. Then trained mostly CT and punches so he could mix it up.

Embolo is the usual striking build 110 punches, sdef, clinch, tdd and 38 def grappling. Balanced physicals but started with 1 flex - figured out this build is fucked anyway if it goes to the ground. Trained a lot of CT+some escapes.

Afterall, sliders are more important than skills in the island.

There isnt any masterplan behind my decision to sack them though, it is just that island is shit for a second season in a row and I probably wont participate in next season if no changes are made to its format.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Can The Island Title open up their 135 division to kickboxers?!? The KOTR org (http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=5273) seems to have ground to a halt, and 33 good fighters are gonna be stuck with no fights for the rest of the season.

They're all different weight classes so it'd have to be a mad, all guts all glory, multi weight division. I for one would be up for it, just to keep my guy fighting, and getting paid.

I don't know if that's possible, and if not maybe someone else could take the org on as it is.

Just thought I'd ask.

• Upvote 1

Can The Island Title open up their 135 division to kickboxers?!? The KOTR org (http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=5273) seems to have ground to a halt, and 33 good fighters are gonna be stuck with no fights for the rest of the season.

They're all different weight classes so it'd have to be a mad, all guts all glory, multi weight division. I for one would be up for it, just to keep my guy fighting, and getting paid.

I don't know if that's possible, and if not maybe someone else could take the org on as it is.

Just thought I'd ask.

if he opened up 135, how could the heavier guys fight?

Oh man sucks to hear that KOTR has halted its operations :(

If the org owner wants to release them I can take some and I'm sure Scotty will also do the right thing.

I just want to point out that I'm happy to see this thread has evolved from a basic rivalry thread to how we can all work together to finish this Island season strong.

• Upvote 1