The great, green herb appreciation thread

BlutnedDaily

one of my pieces

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/tyleroreilly/pipe2001.jpg

I love living where I do, and having the friends I do

The "Great Northwest", huh? Is that Washington or Oregon, because I'm over here in Beaverton (OR) and let me tell ya, we get some AWESOME bud here.

Canada > *.

nuff said.

Um, are you nuts? Yes, you do have some good herb, but in all honesty, most of the best herb in the world is grown in OR and Nor Cal. There are breeders here that just won't stop making new strains, and have a medical card to make it legal. The advancements that have been made here are only rivaled by Amsterdam in the late 90's. And Canadians are greedy, they only like to send the warehouse shit that has been rolled in a tumbler and bagged wet. My daily smoking resembles being at the CC.

I have to hand it to Canada for Chanpange Diesel though

Um, wow, that is nowhere near true

P4P, the most herb grown in the US is in Cali, hands down. The poorest county in CA is Mendicino, and everyone there dirves brand new Toyota trucks, and has a safe in the woods, full of $100 bills

Um, wow, that is nowhere near true

P4P, the most herb grown in the US is in Cali, hands down. The poorest county in CA is Mendicino, and everyone there dirves brand new Toyota trucks, and has a safe in the woods, full of $100 bills

"Best" is just my opinion. IMO, a lot of shitty weed comes out of the Norcal/Oregon/Washington area.

Also, Mendocino (which I must remind you it is spelled) is not the poorest county in California, if you go by the latest reported median income by county in California.

Just smoke it and smile kids.

Here in Aus it's rare to even find a dealer that can tell you what your buying (at least in Sydney), but not knowing the names of bud never effects quality, just something else to think about, and thinking is the last thing I want to do. To be honest, my favourite bud is Purple Haze, and that has absolutely nothing to do with quality, and all to do with Jimmi. Give me anything thats got a crystal glaze and I'm a happy man. Americans should just be glad your not paying $75-$90 for a quarter ounce.

iloveme, all I can say is LOL.

First off, over 33% (1/3) of the bud in the US comes from California. So unless you know the grower that you're getting it from, you had a 1 in 3 chance of smoking some Cali buds.

Secondly, while I've heard Colorado does get some pretty dank shit depending on the area you are in, they have no where near the amount of dank as Oregon or Cali. I can't vouch for Washington because half of the bud I get from there is dank and the other half is schwag, so it's a hit or miss. But to say that most of the Cali and Oregon you've gotten is either:

1) You haven't had Oregon/Cali bud and are claiming that to show CO has better greens

2) It's been through too man hands and most of the visible trichs are gone

3) Whoever hooked you up with said bud didn't know what they were talking about.

I've learned that with bud, unless you know the direct source you have about a 5% chance of getting what they said you paid for - it's just how it is.

And DIDM, PDX is fun and all but it's a freakin ghost town at night in half of Portland and fiend/gangbanger central in the other half. It's only fun during the day and sometimes night when something good is going on, but overall I'd take Beaverton I think. Then again, I haven't been that many places in Portland or going down there just to chill, it's usually because I have a weed mission or I need to go to a specific place there.

sheeeit, Im a vancouver boy and I gotta say we got you guys beat hands down.

not only for quality of smoke, but for quality of the smoke experience.

you can have up to 30 grams on you and if the cops catch you, its more or less just a ticket....and even if they catch you with substantially more, the penaltys are far less severe than our archaic neighbors to the south.

the affordability cant be matched, we can top notch shit for 10 bucks and under for a gram, consistently.

and yea, cali might produce a lot of good bud, no sense in denying that, but the majority of it is no where near on the scale of BC Bud.=always easy to find

hell, we smoke so much in BC, that our provinces wikipedia even has a section about smoking weed!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Columbia

not to mention one of our political partys...

http://bcmarijuanaparty.com/

and if you believe statistics, canadians smoke more weed than any industrialized nation in the world!

Just smoke it and smile kids.

Here in Aus it's rare to even find a dealer that can tell you what your buying (at least in Sydney), but not knowing the names of bud never effects quality, just something else to think about, and thinking is the last thing I want to do. To be honest, my favourite bud is Purple Haze, and that has absolutely nothing to do with quality, and all to do with Jimmi. Give me anything thats got a crystal glaze and I'm a happy man. Americans should just be glad your not paying $75-$90 for a quarter ounce.

Not trying to be a dick, but just so you know the actual strain known as "Purple Haze" is extinct. Whoever says they have it is just slapping that name on. Most strain names are just tacked on to sell better unless you are either buying from the grower or live somewhere sweet.

You have my sympathies about those prices man. : -(

I can't wait to move to Oregon. It's gonna be like living in a sane country.

btw, if any of you are on the Grasscity forums shoot me a PM and we can chat over there too. : -)

sheeeit, Im a vancouver boy and I gotta say we got you guys beat hands down.

not only for quality of smoke, but for quality of the smoke experience.

you can have up to 30 grams on you and if the cops catch you, its more or less just a ticket....and even if they catch you with substantially more, the penaltys are far less severe than our archaic neighbors to the south.

the affordability cant be matched, we can top notch shit for 10 bucks and under for a gram, consistently.

and yea, cali might produce a lot of good bud, no sense in denying that, but the majority of it is no where near on the scale of BC Bud.=always easy to find

hell, we smoke so much in BC, that our provinces wikipedia even has a section about smoking weed!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Columbia

not to mention one of our political partys...

http://bcmarijuanaparty.com/

and if you believe statistics, canadians smoke more weed than any industrialized nation in the world!

Show me the stats.. Canadians talk a lot of shit. - Not to mention stats are never considered reliable when concerning illicit actions - Not all pot smokers are open about it, most aren't for various reasons, But in my anthropology class, they told us never to trust stats refering to drugs or other illicit actions

Not trying to be a dick, but just so you know the actual strain known as "Purple Haze" is extinct. Whoever says they have it is just slapping that name on. Most strain names are just tacked on to sell better unless you are either buying from the grower or live somewhere sweet.

You have my sympathies about those prices man. : -(

I can't wait to move to Oregon. It's gonna be like living in a sane country.

btw, if any of you are on the Grasscity forums shoot me a PM and we can chat over there too. : -)

Not sure where your looking at this apparent "extinction";

http://weedfarmer.com/buy_seeds/index_en.html

&

http://www.planetskunk.com/purplehaze-p-255.html

Just to post a few quick links, plenty more..

Show me the stats.. Canadians talk a lot of shit. - Not to mention stats are never considered reliable when concerning illicit actions - Not all pot smokers are open about it, most aren't for various reasons, But in my anthropology class, they told us never to trust stats refering to drugs or other illicit actions

&

I know there are plenty of strains people have chosen to call Purple Haze, but most people think they are talking about the same strain popular in the 60s. That specific strain is no more, these new ones are not the same thing.

That's not to say they are not as good, in fact new strains are just outright better no matter what old hippies say. They were basically smoking skank back then. What they used to think of as "the best shit" is really just mids by modern definitions.

&

regardless of what you think of the rest, you must agree that our laws are WAaaaaaaaaaY more weed friendly yes?

hmm.. not really. While it's illicit here, It is decriminalised in a few of our states, and even in states where it is not decriminalised, we still get a few warnings. Cultivating and distribution though is a whole other story.

I can't remember Canada's model for decriminalisation though, I've got a cold.. and you know how it is when your smoking with a cold.. mind is paralysed.. and you don't really get buzzed ;<

I know there are plenty of strains people have chosen to call Purple Haze, but most people think they are talking about the same strain popular in the 60s. That specific strain is no more, these new ones are not the same thing.

That's not to say they are not as good, in fact new strains are just outright better no matter what old hippies say. They were basically smoking skank back then. What they used to think of as "the best shit" is really just mids by modern definitions.

I tried the 'purple haze' i'm talking about in Amsterdamn when I was there a couple of years ago, Was good enough to write a song about, thats for sure.

iloveme, all I can say is LOL.

First off, over 33% (1/3) of the bud in the US comes from California. So unless you know the grower that you're getting it from, you had a 1 in 3 chance of smoking some Cali buds.

Secondly, while I've heard Colorado does get some pretty dank shit depending on the area you are in, they have no where near the amount of dank as Oregon or Cali. I can't vouch for Washington because half of the bud I get from there is dank and the other half is schwag, so it's a hit or miss. But to say that most of the Cali and Oregon you've gotten is either:

1) You haven't had Oregon/Cali bud and are claiming that to show CO has better greens

2) It's been through too man hands and most of the visible trichs are gone

3) Whoever hooked you up with said bud didn't know what they were talking about.

I've learned that with bud, unless you know the direct source you have about a 5% chance of getting what they said you paid for - it's just how it is.

Sigh. I think you misinterpreted everything I said.

1. I do happen to know a few people who grow in Colorado.

2. Most of the weed that comes from a regular dealer I know comes from Northern Cal. It's not as good, I think.

3. My weed grows through one middle man, as far as I know.

Lol I've read some crazy claims in here... let's see if I can sort some of this stuff.

1) Purple Haze is technically extinct - but so is almost every single original strain there is. The only people with these are old school hippies who have kept seeds over time. Most of todays stuff is a hybrid of strains, so if you get Purple Haze, you're most likely getting Purple Haze crossed with another strain.

2) Don't let people say bud now is better than it was in the 60's or 70's - it's one of the biggest myths out there! While I can't personally speak from experience, I know people who have grown for 30+ years and say our stuff is no better or worst than what they have, it's just more abundant now. Our techniques for growing bud have improved but techniques to increase potency have not. Nowadays, dank bud is readily available in most places, as opposed to back in the day. That's why they say bud was only about 3% THC now compared to the 8+% in 2008 (from DEA statistics); a lot of bud was dry, brown and compressed dirt bud which brought the average potency down. A lot of pictures you see from back then will also look pretty bad, but that's because of the camera quality and because many growers would leave the fan leaves on so you wouldn't lose any of the trichomes (crystals) while handling the bud.

3) Canada is only better than California in terms of bud because of prices. The dispensaries pretty much fuel the weed down there, but they mark up their prices so dealers don't buy an ounce and flip it for twice the price, but they can still get their money from it at their current prices, just not as much. And by the way, Canada isn't the only place where they have a marijuana party :smile_anim:

4) To the guy in Aussie - we do have to pay 70-90 for a quarter ounce, and in a lot of places even more! On Grasscity, it's not crazy to hear people getting dank bud for 120 a quarter ounce; I've seen a guy saying he paid 180! Luckily the most I ever have to pay is 85, although that's pricey to a lot of people still.

Ok, I don't feel like reading the rest of what was posted lol.

Honestly, If I didn't have to buy an ounce a week.. and was only buying in quarters, I'd probably be looking at about $100 a quarter.. Pretty sure thats what my dealer sells them for.

As for potency not increasing from the 60's.. thats crap. Potency has increased dramatically from the 60's and even further from the dry brick mexican marijuana from the 20's. Still.. I've heard a ton of bud in the US is still crappy brick weed from your southern neighbours.