when are the sparring rules changing

heinen

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no rule change, but within the next week or so, the effects of only doing sparring will be VASTLY reduced. You will need to train all types of training in order to improve your fighter's skills, to counter the sparring only gyms and sparring partner trainers.

If you only spar, the effects will first be vastly reduced, then your fighter will complain about only doing sparring, then he will quit training if you still only do sparring.

If this works well, it will be rolled out over all types of training, so that you can't just e.g. do cardio for ages, because your fighter would get pissed off at the lack of variation.

There's no rule change, but within the next week or so, the effects of only doing sparring will be VASTLY reduced. You will need to train all types of training in order to improve your fighter's skills, to counter the sparring only gyms and sparring partner trainers.

If you only spar, the effects will first be vastly reduced, then your fighter will complain about only doing sparring, then he will quit training if you still only do sparring.

If this works well, it will be rolled out over all types of training, so that you can't just e.g. do cardio for ages, because your fighter would get pissed off at the lack of variation.

I would just like to say that I am opposed to this change, everyone here has the same opportunites to train as anyone else, If a manager chooses to have his fighters dedicate 50 sessions to one thing then so be it, it just meens that fighter has some huge holes in his game. This will greatly increase the amount of time people wish to train in between fights as well. I have fighters that I spar and fighters that I don't i like being able to play around with it and see what I like, I dont want to have to conform my training schedule to a standard of some degree either.

I would just like to say that I am opposed to this change, everyone here has the same opportunites to train as anyone else, If a manager chooses to have his fighters dedicate 50 sessions to one thing then so be it, it just meens that fighter has some huge holes in his game. This will greatly increase the amount of time people wish to train in between fights as well. I have fighters that I spar and fighters that I don't i like being able to play around with it and see what I like, I dont want to have to conform my training schedule to a standard of some degree either.

I agree......if you have a nice low class count with a coach that is training you in a skill you need why would you become less effective by training it over and over. I believe Rogan said BJ Penn gets taught 1 new technique and he practices it over and over until he has it down pat. If somone is sparring all the time they are not advancing their other skills and if they are not sparring and only concentrating on skills then their sparring skills (fake fighting) will take a hit which should spill over into real fighting. If my boxer has great hands but no skills to throw combos or bob and weave, that could be a problem. Or if my BJJ Brown belt can grapple with the best of them but throws pillows for GnP or has sloppy sub attempts does it really matter if he is able to achieve a mount.

I understand there is a feeling that this will make it more fair, but I beleive it's already fair by training one aspect you are losing out on others?

You're all welcome to discuss it but it's not going to change that it's happening. Lots of people will be negatively affected but I've said for as long as I remember that sparring gyms were easily exploited and would eventually be dealt with... Well, now they're getting dealt with.

The thing with this game - it's kind of like a video game (Madden or whatever), but instead of having a completely new game each year, it evolves. Sometimes those evolutions are pretty big shifts in "the best way to do something"; in this case training. Sparring will no longer be the best plan of action to quickly improve your fighters.... there will no longer be a quick way. It was easily exploitable and people were easily exploiting it. Everyone had the chance to exploit it for a while - now nobody will have the chance to exploit it.

Consider this to be the 2010 release of MMA Tycoon. No longer will the 2009 easy solutions work - figure out how to master MMAT2010 and by the time you have, we'll be ready for MMAT2011, where you'll have to figure it out all over again.

What are these sparring rules of which you speak?

This is probably by far the worst thing you can do for the game and here is why...... A.) By doing this you now make fighters such as YB Sol, Steve Austin, Barack Lesner and most likely the top 10,000 ever made fighters untouchables. They have been training the same way for months and now will be unstoppable. B.) Last I checked a lot of if not most MMA fighters and Boxers Jog/Run for Cardio Daily and do some variation of Weight training daily so by placing a CAP or whatever you want to call it on that type of training is not realistic, C.) I might be wrong here but I believe Trainers have there fighters work on the same things daily until they have mastered that discipline/skill then move on to another discipline/skill and D.) All fighters scout/watch tape of the up coming opponents to see what there tendencies are so they can work on certain things so your telling us that if we accepted a fight against a Striker and need to work on Speed and Striking Defense that will get minimal gains working those 2 area's ? That right there will get a lot of org owners pissed because I can see a lot of managers declining fights for there fighters because they can't train properly for there up coming opponent.

Finally why fix what's not broken? There has to be a happy medium to this instead of the your plan of attack, Possibly limiting fighters to 6 sparring sessions a week, 6 sessions with a coach per week and 6 individual sessions per week ( I know that's 18 sessions and there is only 12 training sessions per week, that's just an example).

Will u be releasing how the new changes work? for example will Boxing just stop moving at medicore if u dont get punches, striking defence etc up to at least feeble? Or do u just have to swap it about abit and not spam one type of sparring?

This is probably by far the worst thing you can do for the game and here is why...... A.) By doing this you now make fighters such as YB Sol, Steve Austin, Barack Lesner and most likely the top 10,000 ever made fighters untouchables. They have been training the same way for months and now will be unstoppable. B.) Last I checked a lot of if not most MMA fighters and Boxers Jog/Run for Cardio Daily and do some variation of Weight training daily so by placing a CAP or whatever you want to call it on that type of training is not realistic, C.) I might be wrong here but I believe Trainers have there fighters work on the same things daily until they have mastered that discipline/skill then move on to another discipline/skill and D.) All fighters scout/watch tape of the up coming opponents to see what there tendencies are so they can work on certain things so your telling us that if we accepted a fight against a Striker and need to work on Speed and Striking Defense that will get minimal gains working those 2 area's ? That right there will get a lot of org owners pissed because I can see a lot of managers declining fights for there fighters because they can't train properly for there up coming opponent.

Finally why fix what's not broken? There has to be a happy medium to this instead of the your plan of attack, Possibly limiting fighters to 6 sparring sessions a week, 6 sessions with a coach per week and 6 individual sessions per week ( I know that's 18 sessions and there is only 12 training sessions per week, that's just an example).

Always training the same thing will decrease the improvement and the moral.

Every trainer in the world will tell you this.

What you say is just not true. You invent reasons that sound logical, but are not true.

Everyone does variations in his training. True, they train cardio for a month, but they train it through various methods.

And, nobody knows yet how long you can train stuff without taking a negative effect, yet you are already all whining.

Stay cool and positive people. much more fun.

People always think change is "the worst thing that could ever happen arrrrrrgh", but then it never actually is. Fundamentally, the speed at which people's skill are increasing via sparring is far far far too fast.

Some fighters are good because of it. It might be hard to catch them up, it might not... but using that as any sort of justification for not making a change is like seeing a tree on fire and going "well, it's too late now, might as well just let the whole forest burn down".

Let's just put that one fire out. In time, the other trees will grow around it and you won't even notice.

Anyway, that's all I've got to say on it. People who are relying on sparring will be pissed off but I've said many many times that sparring only systems would get dealt with so that's just the way it goes. I'm sure you'll adapt.

Mike I am all for this. The people that are complaining are the people that sit there guys in a sparing gym for 3 months and get all there primary stats to insane numbers which do matter more then the seconary ones and win all there fights. I personally do this as well and I have no problem with it being changed. You get way to much of a benifit from sparring or even cardio or str training right now. I wouldn't mind seeing them all cut down. Sparing was way way to good and way to cheap to do. This way it will at least make people fight more because they have to pay those big gym fee's a week. I say bring it on. Good work mike

this is total bs why dont you just set up a standardized training schedule that everyone has to do the same thing everyday? there isnt anything wrong with the training now a blk belt lost the other day because he had no secondary skills so that should of ended the sparring is better theory but instead now trainer sessions are now going to be limited . again total bs i should be able to train my fighter how I want to not how you want me to . how did the sparring problem create a real gym training problem? i really dont care what you do with the sparring (even though its fine) but changing the coaching training sessions really pisses me off . there has never bin a problem with the trainers before so why is there a problem now?

the only real problem with this game is to many cry babies play it that dont no chit about fighting so they lose then cry then all of us have to suffer because their to stupid to figure out a counter for it. again coaching sessions should be left alone i think it is totally wrong and unfair that you are going to be dictating how i train my fighter .

i have 1 fighter who spars and 9 that dont yet all will be effected by a change in sparring lol

Mike I am all for this. The people that are complaining are the people that sit there guys in a sparing gym for 3 months and get all there primary stats to insane numbers which do matter more then the seconary ones and win all there fights. I personally do this as well and I have no problem with it being changed. You get way to much of a benifit from sparring or even cardio or str training right now. I wouldn't mind seeing them all cut down. Sparing was way way to good and way to cheap to do. This way it will at least make people fight more because they have to pay those big gym fee's a week. I say bring it on. Good work mike

Until you look at my fighters and see where they are training please don't justify my opinions as complaining or say all my fighters are in a sparring only gym. I have 15 fighters and only 1 is in a sparring only gym and he hasn't even taken part in sparring yet, been doing just cardio and weights.

I would like to see a clear cut lay out of how this is going to work besides being told you'll get minimal to no gain and your fighter will quit training on you, Like what is the max # you can spar before you get ill effects?