How Much Money Does A Top 20 P4P Fighter Deserve?

Lefty

Ok so I fully admit that I did receive a message regarding a release of that fighter and never responded, that's my bad. I do tend to check in on my phone a lot and if it's something I can deal with quickly I do, if not then I deal with it when I have more time. Real life has been a bit of a mess for me of late, not making excuses just telling it like it is. Clearly I didn't deal with this at the later time as intended. So I definitely apologise for you being ignored, it certainly wasn't my intention. But that remains the only message I have received so the rest of this communication (multiple messages sent) must have been with Bradley. He sent me a message saying he had discussed it with the new manager and things were cool. So to me that was the end of it. Apparently not.

Couple of things here. He was signed to the org before Bradley picked him up, he's been here for almost 2 years so that is definitely the case. Bradley does have full access so yes, he has the ability to offer new contracts. There is no scam, he signs fighters all the time, it's kinda part of his job. He also fights here cheaper than he probably does elsewhere so when he signs a guy to a 20k across contract I don't think too much about it, plus he did actually take a fight with the guy as you rightly pointed out so it wasn't like he instantly released a fighter he just signed here. There are more than a few managers that have fought here over the years for low paid contracts, some for free and I'm sure they have done this elsewhere also. If you message me telling me what you expect then the odds are you will get it unless it's ridiculous amounts. I would like the fighter to stay, if you want more cash then let's talk. If it's only resolved by releasing him then fine, I'm not into holding onto guys that don't want to be here. It's not like I need to con people into being here, I've been doing this a while and think I've done ok. When you pick up a free agent you can see what he earns, how many fights left etc. it's there for all to see, I never somehow tricked you into it, it's all there. You don't like the numbers? Don't sign the fighter. It's that simple. Everyone has differing opinions on picking up free agents though and I've seen it discussed many times, there isn't a unanimous answer to what should happen. Regardless, if you don't want to fight here, cool.

Not sure where you get the idea you have been set up to lose against one of my "buddies" though. As far as I'm aware he is a pretty well respected manager and yeah, a guy I like cos he is easy to work with. Also, the skills, hype, rank, ID range are all acceptable in my opinion. Winnable fight if you ask me. Anyway, I'm not looking for an argument over this. I've said my bit. Basically if you want to go fight in your buddies org then I'll release him.

• Upvote 3

I offered to return the signing bonus originally.

Then I asked them for a fair chance to fight (not just lose, but actually fight) and to meet them halfway, to please send me a fair 2-fight deal. for fooks sake until a few weeks ago I had never thrown a leg kick , they are probably gonna mop the floor fair and square with me. They ignored me.

He might just decide to accept the fight and go bang trannies in Tokyo the day before the fight and be a no show. Hey if I fly him far away does the auto-flight kick in? This could actually be lots of fun for the entire family.

2 can definitely play this game.

I only bought 5 extra fighter slots because I rolled 3x granite chin and 1x KO power guys late in the Island season lol and then had no room for FAs

If I knew managers like these existed I would not have bought VIP, honest.

You talk a lot of shit now on the forums buddy, when you were pretty damn nice in your response to me saying my message was totally reasonable and you agreed with me. I was extremely pleasant with you. You're taking your fighter from an org to help your friend out, how is that any different?
  • Downvote 2

You talk a lot of shit now on the forums buddy, when you were pretty damn nice in your response to me saying my message was totally reasonable and you agreed with me. I was extremely pleasant with you. You're taking your fighter from an org to help your friend out, how is that any different?

Maybe you should have replied to my polite message then the second time.

This part here: When you pick up a free agent you can see what he earns, how many fights left etc. it's there for all to see, I never somehow tricked you into it, it's all there. You don't like the numbers? Don't sign the fighter. It's that simple.

That goes out the window when an employee (you) signs the fighter for a long term contract and then sacks after 1 fight. It s a clear conflict of interest. If it was a manager non related to CEC that agreed to that contract we wouldnt be having this conversation.

I posted your email, if that was just you role playing the game hard (lol like Marty Robyns) then kudos to you and you have my apologies. If you really talk like that in real life you got 0 negotiation skills, stick to moving sliders bro.

Alas, Gus says you can release me and given how we started this Ill take that.

Gus also confirmed you have power to sign or release Bradley , so if you dont mind please do it.

Thank you.

Ibrahim.

Tbh, Gus is one of the easiest org owners I have dealt with in the game, and he runs a great org overall and it's one of the key reasons he has been around for as long as he has.

I disagree with the whole signing a guy to an org you have a direct hand in before sacking them. Just doesn't seem right to me that the new manager lacks the freedom of choice of what to do with the fighter. Burns messaged me after a round of FA Pickups where I got a bunch of guys he was looking for, and I noticed one of the guys he picked up was instantly signed to CEC (I don't remember if it was from Nick Force's list or Dino/Scott Davies' list but I think it was Force's) before being sacked (Pretty sure it was Ike Tronstone). When I mentioned it to him, since Trinity merged into CEC and I wanted them to succeed and not have any potential issues, Burns even agreed on it from that point of view.

I agree with a number of Gus' points, and its clear he is willing to negotiate either more suitable pay or else a release for the fighter, but I do disagree with the practice of signing FA's immediately to an org you are involved with running. I get on with Burns and don't actually have any issues with him prior to this, but I do feel he should reconsider this approach.

• Upvote 5

Ok so I fully admit that I did receive a message regarding a release of that fighter and never responded, that's my bad. I do tend to check in on my phone a lot and if it's something I can deal with quickly I do, if not then I deal with it when I have more time. Real life has been a bit of a mess for me of late, not making excuses just telling it like it is. Clearly I didn't deal with this at the later time as intended. So I definitely apologise for you being ignored, it certainly wasn't my intention. But that remains the only message I have received so the rest of this communication (multiple messages sent) must have been with Bradley. He sent me a message saying he had discussed it with the new manager and things were cool. So to me that was the end of it. Apparently not.

Couple of things here. He was signed to the org before Bradley picked him up, he's been here for almost 2 years so that is definitely the case. Bradley does have full access so yes, he has the ability to offer new contracts. There is no scam, he signs fighters all the time, it's kinda part of his job. He also fights here cheaper than he probably does elsewhere so when he signs a guy to a 20k across contract I don't think too much about it, plus he did actually take a fight with the guy as you rightly pointed out so it wasn't like he instantly released a fighter he just signed here. There are more than a few managers that have fought here over the years for low paid contracts, some for free and I'm sure they have done this elsewhere also. If you message me telling me what you expect then the odds are you will get it unless it's ridiculous amounts. I would like the fighter to stay, if you want more cash then let's talk. If it's only resolved by releasing him then fine, I'm not into holding onto guys that don't want to be here. It's not like I need to con people into being here, I've been doing this a while and think I've done ok. When you pick up a free agent you can see what he earns, how many fights left etc. it's there for all to see, I never somehow tricked you into it, it's all there. You don't like the numbers? Don't sign the fighter. It's that simple. Everyone has differing opinions on picking up free agents though and I've seen it discussed many times, there isn't a unanimous answer to what should happen. Regardless, if you don't want to fight here, cool.

Not sure where you get the idea you have been set up to lose against one of my "buddies" though. As far as I'm aware he is a pretty well respected manager and yeah, a guy I like cos he is easy to work with. Also, the skills, hype, rank, ID range are all acceptable in my opinion. Winnable fight if you ask me. Anyway, I'm not looking for an argument over this. I've said my bit. Basically if you want to go fight in your buddies org then I'll release him.

Thank you for the reply, I declined the fight to not keep the other manager wondering and to not affect your event (approaching in 12 days). Please release Fitzy at your earliest convenience and I will be happy to return you the 20K signing bonus.

Let it be known that I do not judge you nor your organization by Burns methods. I hope he sees how this practice damages the game and FA market.

Sincerely,

Ibrahim.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Someone flagged this to me. :weeping:

BJ "The Cock Gobbler" McGobblecock, Jr. (256355)

Inspectah Deck (186105)

25 Oct, 2017 Wednesday - Released the fighter - Inspectah Deck

24 Oct, 2017 Tuesday - Picked up Inspectah Deck from the free agents list

24 Oct, 2017 Tuesday - Released the fighter - BJ McGobblecock, Jr.

23 Oct, 2017 Monday - Picked up BJ McGobblecock, Jr. from the free agents list

• Upvote 1