Market Research for Gym Concept

VibeBox

Market Research  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Use the Gym Described Below?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If Yes, Which City or Cities Would You Most Like to See This Kind of Gym In?

• Hilo
    • St. Petersburg
    • New York
    • Las Vegas
    • London
    • Helsinki
    • Montreal
    • Rio
    • The Moon
    • Tokyo
    • LA
    • Sydney
  3. 3. If No, Why not?

• I think the price is to high.
    • I don't think it would be usefull.
    • Kanye West told me that VibeBox was an asshole.

I've been thinking about opening a gym for a while now, and I just thought I'd run the concept by you guys on the forum to see what people think of it. I'm pretty new so I apologize if my reasoning is not in line with the actual environment of the game.

From what I have seen there are basically 3 types of gyms. Private tiny gyms which do not factor into this decision, Elite gyms with small caps to keep classes low, and larger cheap gyms used for mainly Cardio and other initial training. My idea is to combine the small cap size of more elite gyms to keep very low class sizes, but keep a comparatively lower price by focusing on the kind of initial training that all fighters need. This way a manager who has at least some money (or a lot) can use it to get more specialized training than in larger gyms while saving money over the elite gyms. There isn't much need to pay the large fees of an elite gym for a fighter you just made if you're going to be doing mainly Cardio, Weights, and CT at first, but you want to ensure you can find a CT class with low class sizes.

In the beginning the gym would look like this:

Around $200 a week.

<50 Member Cap.

2 Elite CT Coaches.

Obviously always maintained as Pristine/Brand New

Once the gym had filled and proved to be stable more would be added like possibly another CT coach or another pair of Elites to train just TDD, DGrap. (All things I've found I generally look to train off the bat depending on the build)

I think this concept could actually be helped if the "Fighter Getting Bored" change Mike recently mentioned is put into place. If in the future you are no longer able to spam Cardio in the beginning this gym could give you the ability to have a varied schedule of Cardio/Weights along with always being able to get a low class size CT session.

I think this might be a decent tool to have available to managers with some cash who'd like to save a little of it when training their new fighters, or newer managers looking to invest in making a well trained fighter as their top guy. I also believe after the initial hiring fees are paid off I could scale up while always assuring low class sizes by getting more coaches.

So what do you guys think? Am I off base in thinking there could be a niche here? I'd appreciate if you took a minute to give your thoughts in addition to voting. : -)

I've been thinking about opening a gym for a while now, and I just thought I'd run the concept by you guys on the forum to see what people think of it. I'm pretty new so I apologize if my reasoning is not in line with the actual environment of the game.

From what I have seen there are basically 3 types of gyms. Private tiny gyms which do not factor into this decision, Elite gyms with small caps to keep classes low, and larger cheap gyms used for mainly Cardio and other initial training. My idea is to combine the small cap size of more elite gyms to keep very low class sizes, but keep a comparatively lower price by focusing on the kind of initial training that all fighters need. This way a manager who has at least some money (or a lot) can use it to get more specialized training than in larger gyms while saving money over the elite gyms. There isn't much need to pay the large fees of an elite gym for a fighter you just made if you're going to be doing mainly Cardio, Weights, and CT at first, but you want to ensure you can find a CT class with low class sizes.

In the beginning the gym would look like this:

Around $200 a week.

<50 Member Cap.

2 Elite CT Coaches.

Obviously always maintained as Pristine/Brand New

Once the gym had filled and proved to be stable more would be added like possibly another CT coach or another pair of Elites to train just TDD, DGrap. (All things I've found I generally look to train off the bat depending on the build)

I think this concept could actually be helped if the "Fighter Getting Bored" change Mike recently mentioned is put into place. If in the future you are no longer able to spam Cardio in the beginning this gym could give you the ability to have a varied schedule of Cardio/Weights along with always being able to get a low class size CT session.

I think this might be a decent tool to have available to managers with some cash who'd like to save a little of it when training their new fighters, or newer managers looking to invest in making a well trained fighter as their top guy. I also believe after the initial hiring fees are paid off I could scale up while always assuring low class sizes by getting more coaches.

So what do you guys think? Am I off base in thinking there could be a niche here? I'd appreciate if you took a minute to give your thoughts in addition to voting. : -)

not bad. i got a guy that trains in L.A. at a place that's pretty much a COZAD but with better equipment and no coaches. it's only $50 so if you go part-time at first and just do cardio/weights/yoga, you stand to get a decent chunk o' change under your belt. the only thing missing is CT coaches (where your gym comes in) which kinda hinders some of the other skills.

i had a couple guys at TDT in NY and i unfortunately had to move them because the TDT was moving to elite status ($350) and my guys were still training cardio/weights. i couldn't justify paying that much money to train those areas. not when you can get the same results for much cheaper. in that light, i definitely like your idea and i don't think this is/will be the first of it's kind (no offense).

it all comes down to "can you make enough to keep your doors open". pretty common knowledge that gyms are the hardest to make money at (profit), so if you can just make enough to keep your doors open then you'll be fine.

not sure what that had to do with anything. hopefully it had a point. lol

i definitely like your idea and i don't think this is/will be the first of it's kind (no offense).

it all comes down to "can you make enough to keep your doors open". pretty common knowledge that gyms are the hardest to make money at (profit), so if you can just make enough to keep your doors open then you'll be fine.

not sure what that had to do with anything. hopefully it had a point. lol

I was aware of the possibility this wasn't a new idea, and I'm fine with not being the first. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something and this was entirely a terrible idea.

I am also aware I will not get rich doing this. As long as it breaks even or slightly positive it's fine with me.

Your input was appreciated, thanks. : -)

just remember that it won't look good overnite. when i bought fighters formula, i was freakin' out everyday wondering how i was gonna stay afloat. well, it worked itself out and i been goin' slow but steady and haven't had much worry. keyword: steady. i'm sure you'll do just fine.

I think you should go for it , although I would wait out for at least a week after the sparring mods are in effect. I would certainly use your gym if you opened in L.A. , FWIW. Good luck.

No. Go to las vegas highstreet. The gym with 9 $.

That is the best and cheapest way to start. Cardio, weight, yoga in combination is just as fast as circuit training, and much cheaper

Open one for 20, in la or montral.

But anyway, wait for any changes in training that mike might do.

A lot of people seem to be of the mind that CT is much better than Yoga. That's the only reason I am considering this, since otherwise I'd agree that super low cost with no coaches at all would be the way to go.

I am also giving some thought as to whether to start in about a week, or wait until we know more about the Training changes. As of now I am inclined to give it some time.

This is basically what I'm implementing with my gym, The Crucible Boxing Gym, in LA. (please don't start another gym in LA!) It focuses mostly on boxing. I currently have 2 Elite Conditioning Coaches and 2 Elite Boxing coaches. one for punches and one for striking D. I'm bleeding money right now but I can afford to for the short term because I previously had a fight org and cashed it out. What you're proposing would be tough in any established city because your gym wouldn't be able to offer anything that a fighter couldn't get from an established elite gym. Like I said, i'm bleeding money but eventually it'll profit, so if you're just starting out you're going to go bankrupt. I've lost almost $30000 in 3 weeks. My fees are currently $150 a week

Your idea about specializing is the way to go though. You have to offer something that other gyms aren't or there won't be a reason to go there. This is why I chose boxing as my focus.

helsinki needs an elite gym!! a gym with 500 dollar pay each week, and lots of elite coaches and not to many members, such a gym would be hit, cos i know a lot of fighters who are searching for an elite gym in helsinki. Thats the main reason helsinki lost lot of good fighters in the past!!

^^^ very true my 5-0 fighter left a great org in Helsinki to go and get better training, If I had 100,000 I'd set up a $499 gym in Helsinki with an 80-90 fighter cap and let the good times roll.

helsinki needs an elite gym!! a gym with 500 dollar pay each week, and lots of elite coaches and not to many members, such a gym would be hit, cos i know a lot of fighters who are searching for an elite gym in helsinki. Thats the main reason helsinki lost lot of good fighters in the past!!

landshark's gym has been 500/week for a little bit now.