Training Changes

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i havnt seen any changes in fact i had pops as normal , but then again i never have trainned more than one type of sparing 3 times per week and 5 sessions overall per week

i see it but then again i put it too the test --- started a couple of my guys last week sparring when he first said something and haven't changed it just to test it out ---- well last two days they havent moved one bit -- so its there, now to how many sessions i havent narrowed that down yet -- and this was low sparring numbers with wonderful sparring partners -- under the same sessions last week and start of this week was making a gain every session

same here, my guys training doesn't help so I need to switch things up.

I wonder what's the optimal number of sparring sessions is. Seems to me over 4 of one type and things stop moving. How about you guys ?

One of my guys went from competent++ to respectable- boxing in four sessions after the training changes. It was his first sparring in a couple of weeks and one on one with a wonderful boxer but on the other hand he's kind of a slow learner so it looks like training still works decently until the diminishing returns start to have an effect.

Well, he's a 22 years old somewhat slow learner and it still looks like about 10 sessions(spread over say two weeks) would be enough to go from competent++ to proficient--. I'd say that's good progress and certainly more realistic than before.

i have been trainning exactly the same , as i posted above 5 sessions but only three in one subject per week , and im popping the same as before the change , itsa common known fact of the game , some fightes are just duffers , you can put them 1 on 1 with wonderfuls and all they do is nothing when you may have a fighter that pops his socks off with only a few sessions of a certain trainning , if you were a sparinng spammer before the change one word ............................UNLUCKY

if you thought you were doing the right thing but wondered why people had fighters that would eat your fighters for breakfast...............keep doing it , because they have to change thier tatics , you dont

The individual types of sparring is - the overall factoring of all combined sparring isn't in place yet - I wanted to ease it in because I know people were maxing their sparring beforehand. I'll bring in the full system tomorrow.

Does that imclude the fighters sending us messages?

The individual types of sparring is - the overall factoring of all combined sparring isn't in place yet - I wanted to ease it in because I know people were maxing their sparring beforehand.
What exactly does that mean?

What exactly does that mean?

I read it to mean that currently the effectiveness of sparring only declines if you are continually sparring the same style; if you spread your sparring through the four styles, you won't currently be impacted by the changes. However, that will change soon.

Basically sounds like first he wanted to stop the people who were just focusing their sparring on a single style to rapidly increase it. Next he's going to focus on the people who are just sparring, but are at least switching between two or more styles. Now even they will need to mix in some other types of training, whether it be with coaches or on your own.

But I could be misunderstanding what he is saying.

yeah... i've noticed a change, but i think it'll be better for the game in the long run.

Yeah for sure. In a few weeks nobody isn't even talking about this issue anymore. Mooooove on everyone. :D