LACC (Los Angeles Combat Club) Submission Wrestling World Championship

Monsieur.Camara

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/16/16w19.jpg

Hans Davion: Another hairless girly man goes to sleep. Now for hairless man with gi to go to sleep... Silverio... you will lose!!! GRRRRRR!!!

(P.S. Good luck. Will be fun facing you.)

Carlos Silverio (330166)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14933003706453.png

(2-0-0 Grappling)

"As long as you have a shower beforehand, it will be fun to roll with you Davion. Protect your neck though or you gonna end up like Louis XVI - Guillotined."

• Upvote 2

I could speculate a lot on the last 2 rounds of this tournament but lets throw out some facts instead. Carlos, Hans and Percy have won both of their rounds via submission and have proven than can finish in grappling battles when everyone knows what you are trying to win it. Carlos and Percy have both finished their fights the same exact way by submission showing a bit about themselves. On one hand Carlos has been winning via guilotine which shows that he has the ability to submit other grapplers while on his back. Percy Watson has taken his opponents back on both occasions with a rnc victory which shows his ability to transition well and have the dominate position for easier submissions. It is also of note to say Hans has won both of his victories on his back as well while losing the fight on points. Than we have Puto who is a whole different breed in this tournament. He has won both matches convincingly by decision even though he is the only non brown belt to make it to the semis. Clearly Puto has the most wrestling in this tournament and has the ability to control the fight as he has the second best margin counting up points. In both decision victories the scoreboard total between the two fights is a staggering 39-17 which he has scored more than double than what his opponent has scored. Hans has the worst margin as he has scored a whole 6 points to his opponents 16 and that does not matter if he can continue to win by submission. Carlos has barely fought six minutes in his first two matches and has submission of the night both times but in scoring he trails a whole 2-4 which again wont matter if he is able to continue his submission victory wins. If we are counting by points though the most impressive has been Percy who has managed to outscore his opponents a whopping 26-2 though it can be argued that he hasnt had a true test yet and has had an easy route to the semis. All this in account this makes for a very interesting semi finals. We have Percy vs Puto who are up to this point the most controlling fights in this tournament and have been able to very successfully destroyed their opponents but how will they fair vs each other? Carlos vs Hans is equally as interesting as both fights keep winning in the guard and both have been winning while not gaining more points than there opponent so it will be interesting to see who is the better finisher and if they cant win by decision who will be able to be more controlling. Its going to be a very interesting last two rounds and I cant really tell at this point if any of the 4 fighters have a clear advantage.

• Upvote 3

Humble... No problem. I really like that web site BTW.

Penguin, your assessment is spot on and clearly you have put lots of time into researching it. Puto, is such a wrestling beast it will be incredibly difficult to overcome his not insubstantial ability to control the fight and win by submission. Frankly, as undeveloped as my ability to grapple has been, I am a bit surprised that I have made it as far as I have. Carlos is going to be my toughest challenge to date in this tournament. Then if I should happen to pull out the win against him, which is no mean feat in and of itself, then I face one of two wrestlers that love putting up points. And they do it well...

• Upvote 2

Thank you so much for the updated bracket Brunno.

I'm gonna have to say my favorite to win it all is Cajun Puto. His primaries are so advanced in such a short time it just goes to show the mastery in training of some of these top managers.

If anyone wants another round with Kato Kaelin I'm game btw. I hope everyone stays after the tourney to defend/fight for the belt.

Thanks again to all the managers for a fun tourney so far :) I think we are all learning this grappling stuff together and it's fun.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Humble... No problem. I really like that web site BTW.

Penguin, your assessment is spot on and clearly you have put lots of time into researching it. Puto, is such a wrestling beast it will be incredibly difficult to overcome his not insubstantial ability to control the fight and win by submission. Frankly, as undeveloped as my ability to grapple has been, I am a bit surprised that I have made it as far as I have. Carlos is going to be my toughest challenge to date in this tournament. Then if I should happen to pull out the win against him, which is no mean feat in and of itself, then I face one of two wrestlers that love putting up points. And they do it well...

since in the brackets it says bronze match you will be fighting one of the two wrestlers that love putting up points next.

• Upvote 1

The Bronze thing is just there. I don't think that Humble and Camara had that when they set this up. I just made a copy of the bracket from the original one posted and didn't know hoe/ or forgot to turn the bronze fight off. Although, if there were the bronze match, then I would be facing one of the two wrestling points earners regardless of is I win or not.

• 3 weeks later...

This will be my toughest match yet. We'll see how my grappler build & training theory holds up.

i agree with this word for word. i am very curious if my build will hold against such a better wrestler. this is just a guess but iifeel like the winner of me vs you will decide who wins this tournament in the end based on how dominate we were in our first two rounds.

• Upvote 1