TWGC

mariagata

I don't get the idea of the grappling thing, to me it's like only half an MMA fight, I will still enter the LA Grappling tournament for 265+ lbs...... :-)

Yes in this game I can see how it feels like that as I suppose there are no more grappling specific sliders beyond what you have for an MMA fight. But that would be an interesting idea btw to have some grappling only sliders, there's a whole open guard game out there barely covered by the existing ones. But of course they are not covered in the match engine either. So what is happening behind the scenes in our grappling tournaments are no fancy Jeff Glover acrobatics, rather just one guy trying to break the other guys closed guard and kimura him for 15 minutes. So yes you do have a point.

Yes in this game I can see how it feels like that as I suppose there are no more grappling specific sliders beyond what you have for an MMA fight. But that would be an interesting idea btw to have some grappling only sliders, there's a whole open guard game out there barely covered by the existing ones. But of course they are not covered in the match engine either. So what is happening behind the scenes in our grappling tournaments are no fancy Jeff Glover acrobatics, rather just one guy trying to break the other guys closed guard and kimura him for 15 minutes. So yes you do have a point.

To be fair, that's most real life IBJJF tournaments :hehe: So, at least you can't say this game isn't realistic. ^_^

I don't get the idea of the grappling thing, to me it's like only half an MMA fight, I will still enter the LA Grappling tournament for 265+ lbs...... :-)

IRL I watch much more kickboxing and muay thai than anything else and I never cared for BJJ competition but make no mistake about it, grappling in Tycoon is much more fun than striking.

at standup usually whoever has the upper hand in skill just keeps landing and scoring but grappling has a lot more strategy involved. I find it much more fun due to the posibility of takedowns/transitions/escapes/sub attempts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Isn't it about time to just start this thing. The only thing that's not filling up is div2. 145lbs. If we keep waiting for that we'll still be waiting when the next twgc comes along

I agree. Vegas is full in both divisions, no reason we shouldn't be able to proceed.

• Upvote 2

Yeah this thing is not filling up.

it's been missing 10 fighters at Division 2 145 pounds for days. dozens of fighters locked up waiting for it and good natured org owners who allowed people to do TWGC are trapped with their fighters "waiting for TWGC". Not sure all of that makes any sense.

I've mailed Mike about it, but no response, unsurprisingly

• Upvote 3

Just seven more FWs to go!

The only way to get this done in a reasonable time is if a task force is created and everyone who has a free slot creates a FW grappler - not sure if they'll be able to join Division 2 though.

They could, but get blown out. You can get up to div 3 with the points you get at creation, and you are allowed to enter one division above your real skill

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...