Congrats King Kendrick #1 manager !!!

@callmepoppa1

Imo, the concept of picking up FAs isn't so smart since most of them are sacked for a reason - bad skills, bad hiddens etc. You need to be in top15 in order to have a shot at a good FA. ///

I actually strongly disagree with that part of your post.

Fighting with FA`s was how I learned sliders and how I got the chance as a noob to make some money AND gradually fight more and more top level managers.

I will give you a small ( and not complete overview) on how I for example picked up good/decent fa`s as a noob and gained experience and slider knowledge along the way.

Vlad The Impaler

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=106751

Amazing chin, one of my first FA pick ups and I actually got to fight and beat Chev Chelios with him. He was the first opponent I ever had in the top 10 of a weightclass.

Choco Al

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=199210

Glass chin, well rounded guy. Fought him up all the way to a title shot in an elite top 5 org at the time TTFC and came 40sec short of winning gold.

Dickie Dirty

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=220397

Former MFN 145lbs champion.

2015 Olympic bronze medalist 155lbs.

2015 Insanity Mad Cash tournament winner 155lbs.

Fabian Hoi

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=225251

Syn 145lbs champion.

Gamma 145lbs champion.

First ever to (t)KO Lil Wayne.

Reached number 2 p4p.

Guiseppe Maldini

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=189076

2016 Olympic gold medalist SHW.

2016 Super Heavyweight fighter of the year.

Former#1 Super Heavyweight in the world.

Brandon Simmons ( still actively on my roster)

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=281136

Number two openweight fighter in the world.

Dominated Gerbert Bryant en route to the next Gamma title shot ( booked for 24th of February)

( and plenty more)

This is just a small list to show that picking up FA`s could be very rewarding for a noob if you know what you are looking for!

Don`t be fooled into thinking that I was top 50 when I picked up all these guys either.

Choco Al and Vlad, I was ranked 200-300.

Dickie, I was ranked 150-200.

Maldini, I was ranked just barely in the top 100.

FA`s don`t learn you much about training, but they are superb for learning sliders as a new manager and slowly improving your game, while fighting increasingly difficult managers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You have picked most of those FAs after your first year in the game. For that time you could develop a lot of projects to top level fighters. And I don't get how do you strongly disagree with my statement since Simmons for sure has terrible hiddens, prolly the other fighters had weaknesses as well.

Doesn't it make it even more impressive and challenging then to still succeed?

Sure they have weaknesses, but some weaknesses can be slidered around.

Only fighting with near perfect fighters must have to be mindblowingly boring in my opinion.

As a noob, you can't develop a top level project really, or at least is far more difficult than picking up a decent FA and hunt for big wins and learn in the process.

I'm was thinking right now about picking up a FA, mostly to get some higher-level slider experience while training my younger fighters. The hardest part for me is to know which FA would be a good pick.

Being so far down the pecking order(800+) it will be very hard to get a good FA as there are 800+ chances someone else will pick up a guy you wanted. People will pick up guys they have no interest in just because they have a big bank balance aswell. Its find one you like the look of & hope lol

• Downvote 1

First off, congrats ovoxo you are indeed one of the best managers in the game and totally deserving of that #1 spot.

Now this thread tells me a very refreshing thing which is there is actually more than one or two ways to play this game. not everybody has to do the FA pickup thing, not everybody has got to fight QFCs for hype, not everybody needs a private gym to have some fun and so on.

I'd just like to add that QFC is totally fucked up. Having tested several projects in the last few months I can say with 100% certainty that unless you test them right away while they're Level 1, a test fight with an 18 y/o at QFC is much more dangerous (not necesarily "harder" but definitely more dangerous, depending on who is "waiting for QFC") than fighting in an ID org where you're guaranteed to have an even playing field. People use QFC to score easy wins against legit projects with their older guys that have beastly skills. That's why most top managers like to test against themselves.

• Upvote 2

Well, if u wanna create a proper project, you have to start with 1 striking def and 1 def grappling, meaning that you are fucked up in a straight away qfc no matter if u get vs striker or grappler. Some people start with 110 striking def but this isn't so cool long term. Others, train skills till the fighter is close to 1000 skill points and then test him in qfc, but that means you could waste a lot of coach sessions for a fighter with no hiddens. And fighting without any defensive skills in QFC is plain stupid.

• Upvote 1

I'm was thinking right now about picking up a FA, mostly to get some higher-level slider experience while training my younger fighters. The hardest part for me is to know which FA would be a good pick.

Send me a PM and I will help you to try and pick up a decent one.

Your rank is really low though,but I would try to find someone decent.

• Upvote 1