People sack their fighters too quickly.

Seriously, just because your fighter starts out 0-2 doesn't mean they are crap, look in real life how many fighters have lost their debut or even lost several fights early in their career, only to get better and dominate.

Thanks for this thread, im sure they will all stop releasing them as quickly now.

C'mon Jim, don't be a "Steve" man. It needs to be addressed, there's nOObs joining everyday and not teaching them to stick with their fighters for a while till they get a feel for a fighter and the proper way to train a fighter before releasing a fighter just makes this place more of a mess of dumbass managers with stupid expectations.

Then they lose, then they cry and then leave....some of these guys are just teens and early 20yr old idiots that think they got EVERYTHING figured out...even MMATYCOON in a couple of weeks. Give 'em a break they're just kids a lot of them.

C'mon Jim, don't be a "Steve" man. It needs to be addressed, there's nOObs joining everyday and not teaching them to stick with their fighters for a while till they get a feel for a fighter and the proper way to train a fighter before releasing a fighter just makes this place more of a mess of dumbass managers with stupid expectations.

Then they lose, then they cry and then leave....some of these guys are just teens and early 20yr old idiots that think they got EVERYTHING figured out...even MMATYCOON in a couple of weeks. Give 'em a break they're just kids a lot of them.

+1

i think my first couple guys went 3-0 so i got pretty lucky, but my next few were 0-2 and 1-4 lol.. i have sacked maybe 3 fighters since i started playing. NO better way to learn the game than dive right into it, win some lose some, learn from the initial mistakes u just get better.

Uhh.... When my guys accumulate 2 losses and under 5 wins I usually sack them lol. There's no reason to lose against QFC competition more than once unless you or your fighter sucks. Period. I will sack as many as I damn well please untill I have none but amazing fighters hidden stat wise. I have a 6-3 guy and his stats are pretty damn good, he's about to get cut. I cut my 3-1 fighter Sikh Ravana. Same with 3-1 Tigo Souza.

If they're not outstanding, they're dirt. I might cut 5-1 Andelko Antun here if he won't impress.

If you're releasing guys that are doing quickfights that's fine. As an org owner, I hate throwing an $600 signing bonus at a 1-2 guy and after he loses one fight he gets cut. My top fighter Venable was 1-2 and I considered cutting him and as of Monday he was ranked 101 P4P. The only reason I didnt cut him is because he was signed to CFL, and I thought the org owner had a good grasp on the game, was communicating well with his fighters and I thought CFL had a good chance of becoming a top org (boy did I turn out to be right).

So you just have to stick with guys sometimes, they could surprise you.

If you're releasing guys that are doing quickfights that's fine. As an org owner, I hate throwing an $600 signing bonus at a 1-2 guy and after he loses one fight he gets cut. My top fighter Venable was 1-2 and I considered cutting him and as of Monday he was ranked 101 P4P. The only reason I didnt cut him is because he was signed to CFL, and I thought the org owner had a good grasp on the game, was communicating well with his fighters and I thought CFL had a good chance of becoming a top org (boy did I turn out to be right).

My guy Jesus Santos is 5-3-1

haha not cutting him anytime soon, his stats are great (I don't know about his hiddens, he has KO power but cuts easily and his chin is questionable). But I plan on playin the careers of my fighters out, if one of them go 15-15 oh well, Charles Bennett's record isn't that impressive on paper but he's one of my favorite fighters.

C'mon Jim, don't be a "Steve" man.

Hey, my name is Steeve and... 5 day suspension please? No alright, I take the criticism, you were even right. I agree completely with jimsmithers. I even think that managers don't sack their fighters fast enough but I'm not going to start a thread about it. I might slow it down in the future though, to do my part in avoiding an overly large database.

I put all my fighters through QFC boot camp to see how they are going to work out, and if they aren't working out how I wanted I will cut them, no matter their QFC record. If a standup guy doesn't end up having at least decent KO power, he's gone. A standup, clinch or GnP fighter with no KO power is just a fighter waiting to be subbed. Sub fighters aren't as reliant on hidden stats so they are a bit easier to get right to begin with.

The other thing which will tempt me to cut a fighter is if they have really slow learning. But by that stage they have a decent fight record and background with one or more orgs, so its a bit harder to cut them. I have two fairly mediocre fighters who train very slowly, but I can't bring myself to cut them :P

Hey, my name is Steeve and... 5 day suspension please? No alright, I take the criticism, you were even right. I agree completely with jimsmithers. I even think that managers don't sack their fighters fast enough but I'm not going to start a thread about it. I might slow it down in the future though, to do my part in avoiding an overly large database.

Making a thread can't hurt so still, you never know someone might read this and see that it makes sense when they see a numerous amount of credible people agreeing. Plus this is a discussion board, if there's as long as it's on topic to the subject of the board it can be discussed and doesn't need to be discouraged.

I used to cut guys if they lost their first fight. Then I learned the game a bit more. So I cut guys if they lost two fights at that point. Then I got a guy with good hidden stats at 0-2 but he went up against tough competition both times so now I'm just training him. Doubt I'll cut anyone else again, training just takes too long.

I almost cut a fighter that lost his first fight. He's now one of my better fighters.

That being said, I think I am quicker to cut fighters than some of you probably are. The other day I cut a 7-3 fighter (majority QFCs) because I didn't think he had enough potential to go anywhere. He was a slow learner, he tended to get knocked out easily, and because he was one of my first fighters, his stats really weren't that good. He is the first fighter I have cut in a long while, though. I also cut all of my original fighters because I didn't like the way I built them initially.

My guy Jesus Santos is 5-3-1

haha not cutting him anytime soon, his stats are great (I don't know about his hiddens, he has KO power but cuts easily and his chin is questionable). But I plan on playin the careers of my fighters out, if one of them go 15-15 oh well, Charles Bennett's record isn't that impressive on paper but he's one of my favorite fighters.

He may want to retire after Yuri gets his hands on him :boxing:

everytime i've sacked a guy, i've emailed his org owner and offered to ride the rest of the contract out. i would totally hold myself to it but the org owners have always been understanding and have given me the okay to sack them. in fact, 1 org owner gave my "to-be-sacked" fighter's weight bonus to the fighter i made to replace him. talk about cool.

I almost cut a fighter that lost his first fight. He's now one of my better fighters.

That being said, I think I am quicker to cut fighters than some of you probably are. The other day I cut a 7-3 fighter (majority QFCs) because I didn't think he had enough potential to go anywhere. He was a slow learner, he tended to get knocked out easily, and because he was one of my first fighters, his stats really weren't that good. He is the first fighter I have cut in a long while, though. I also cut all of my original fighters because I didn't like the way I built them initially.

i only have 1 of my original 4 left because i really didn't know what i was doing when i created them and they all would've taken a loooong time to improve to a point where it would be worth it to keep them.

1hr forum ban for being 'cheeky'.....hope u learn your lesson son..dont know how im gonna break this to your ma and pa

I laugh at your lack of power, son.

I've only actually released one guy and that was more because he was my first guy and didn't have good starting stats and thus didn't do well in his fights. Plus i didn't like having one in England when he couldn't train with my other guys