Budokai Tenkaichi - $1.5m+ Creation Tournament

Rei

I will sign up as an alternate. I just made a WW last night.

Hell If I knew there was a 1 million dollar tourney I would have signed up. I thought I'd signed up to every damn tourney out there lol.

Sure thing bud, though I don't think anyone will drop out now that R1 is all booked up

I've sent most of you guys a message regarding how long you want between rounds, as I'm deciding between 3 weeks or 4.

In my personal opinion, 4 might be better in the long term to allow for more rest & training, especially since our fights are 20 minutes. Let me know what you guys are thinking.

Dp6qSyl.png
On March 17th 2018, the Budokai Tenkaichi Welterweight Tournament finally begins, with the opening round taking place in the heart of the bustling mega-city of Tokyo, Japan. 16 of the world's brightest young prospects will battle it out to prove that they are a part of the next generation of stars while also making the first step towards Championship gold. The winners of the opening round will move on to the second stage, where stakes are upped and pressure is doubled. From then there is only one more victory needed to become the innaugural Budokai Welterweight Champion of Japan. This is only the beginning.

zhlqMNM.png
The opening ceremony took place this evening in Shibuya, where all of the fighters were brought onto stage and announced one by one with each man given his time in the spotlight. The competitors come from all corners of the globe as 8 unique nationalities from American to Greek battle it out, reminiscent of the Grand Prix tournaments of old.
Certain fighters had to be kept away from one another as tensions flared. One such fighter was Compton-born Terrell Ward who was heard shouting expletives followed by throwing up gang signs after bumping into Boris Matusov in the green room. Poor Boris just wanted to enjoy the caviar. Upon making it on stage to the fanfare of a home crowd, Kotoya Hamasaki stared at his opponent, pointed at his arm and gestured a snapping motion - making his intentions for their fight very clear.

ERn6S8p.png
After the opening ceremony came to a close, the CEO of Budokai Fighting Federation, Rei was spotted shaking hands exchanging laughs with some important looking figures. The men had tattooed arms covered by the sleeves of their shirts and jackets but insisted to our reporters that they did not belong to the Yakuza or any similar organisations. Why they forced us to censor their faces is a mystery though.

GqWjTEh.png
Some men couldn't handle the after-party as well as others...
And now for an in-depth look at the upcoming fights, written by Bigby Wolf
http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1520967884BFF3.png
Tournament Bout
Welterweight Division
Julio Regueiro (0-1-0, BFF Debut) vs Langered Hatchet (0-1-0, BFF Debut)
The first fight of BFF 3 will pit two young hungry wolves against each other. “Spanish Silk” may have lost his first career fight, but the young man from Madrid has veteran manager Randall McSweeny backing him and that’s gotta count for something. His opponent on the other side can’t count on much when it comes to his manager’s experience, but the Dubliner sure makes up for it in sheer striking power. They’re both still young and now is the moment to have that benchmark victory!
Tournament Bout
Welterweight Division
Boris Matusov (0-1-0, BFF Debut) vs Terell Ward (MMA Debut)
The second fight of the night will prove to be a total shift in styles as we’ll see 2 of the hottest BJJ talents take each other on. Russian born Boris Matusov is everything a Russian fighter has to be. He’s strong, mean, relentless and won’t stop till you tap or stop moving. Sadly for him his first career fight ended in a disappointing loss, but he seems more than ready to start his winning streak. Heavy favourite in this one is his opponent, Terell Ward. Maffa C’s young prodigy is rumoured to have quite an impressive underground record and said to be “A lethal choke machine”. A reputation which got him the nickname “Blood Red”. It will be interesting to see if he can live up to the expectations.
Tournament Bout
Welterweight Division
James Cole (1-0-0, BFF Debut) vs Ricky Yaa (0-1-0, BFF Debut)
Cole is without a doubt a heavy favourite in his fight after his impressive start in MMA. Cole’s debut gave the fans a 3 round action packed fight in which the New Yorker knocked out Gruber in the third. With a strong arsenal of kicks and punches and a strong grappling game to match, James Cole may well be at the start an impressive career. In the other corner he’ll stare in the face of “The Relentless Ronin”, Ricky Yaa. Yaa’s MMA Debut was short lived as he tapped out in less than half a minute to Nikki Nix’ arm bar. A loss that the Tokyo resident claimed to have woken him up. It’s clear that Yaa is aiming for redemption as he has never looked in better shape according to his fans.
Tournament Bout
Welterweight Division
Jackson Boone (1-0-0, BFF Debut) vs Art Mitcheltree (1-0-0, BFF Debut)
Jackson Boone is one scary man. This Bradford Beast won his first fight with a unanimous decision, but those that saw his victim after the match all said the same thing: “This fight should have been stopped”. Jackson showed a venomous dedication to dismantling the core of his opponent body, leaving Griffin nothing more than an empty shell. His opponent, Palm Springs native, Mitcheltree better heed the warning that he’s in for a fight on Saturday. Boone will prove to be a much tougher opponent than the one he faced in his first MMA fight. A fight that “Long Legs” won in less than 20 seconds. The fighter that can clinch this one will undoubtedly start making a name for himself going 2-0, for the loser it’ll be be back to training grounds!
Tournament Bout
Welterweight Division
Shang Chi (MMA Debut) vs Kotoya Hamasaki (MMA Debut)
This one will certainly be of interest to those that love to gamble as the New York Boxing prodigy Shang Chi has been given almost 3-1 odds for this fight. Those that know him can tell you that although he may not have the strongest ground game, Chi packs a punch that can knock out anyone. That will be the key for Hamasaki, his Japanese opponent. The man from Tokyo is part of that special breed that can will put you down when they get you on the ground, but he will have to get his opponent there first!
Tournament Bout
Welterweight Division
Nikki Nix (1-0-0, BFF Debut) vs Castor Antonopoulos (MMA Debut)
“The Mixedup” burst into the MMA scene last month with an inspiring win against Ricky Yaa. Those that need a recap: Yaa took down Nix and then Nix took out Yaa with an armbar. 24 seconds, that was all he needed. A lot of sceptics claim that this had more to do with his opponents’ inexperience than with Nix’ talent, but the Chicago-boy looks ready to prove all critics wrong. His opponent will be “Thunder” Antonopoulos a man that has all the makings to be fan favourite and has an extensive Muay Thai background. Manager Johnny Dangerous is really hoping for a victory in Castor’s debut because the Greek god could be his ticket to glory.
Tournament Bout
Welterweight Division
Mark Smith (MMA Debut) vs Android Eighteen (MMA Debut)
Another banger between two hot talents. Mark Smith is only 18 years old but has already made a name for himself in Britain as a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu expert. Training with some of the top talents in Vegas has prepped him well for this fight and “Marky” will certainly be the crowd favourite. In the other corner we’ll find Android Eighteen. A young man from Arundel that has done well in high school amateur wrestling and moved to Rio de Janeiro the day he became 18 to study BJJ. There’s no telling which of these two will win, but they both look like they have a bright MMA-future ahead of them.
Tournament Bout
Welterweight Division
Lee Sin (MMA Debut) vs Erik Pedersen (MMA Debut)
Two debutants looking to end each other’s career early. “The Fist of God” Lee Sin has been trained in a wide array of Martial arts in Yokohama since he was just a little boy and everyone in Japan has really high hopes for him. His first test in MMA will be against the Scandinavian wonderboy Erik Pedersen, who has been generating quite a bit of buzz as well. Pedersen was contracted by manager Gran Brophy a few years back, a manager that has already had such a rich and successful career that basically any fighter coming out of his stable will have all eyes on him. One fighter will light the hopes of a nation and at the same time crush the dreams of one as well!
------------------------------Non-Tournament Bouts------------------------------
Preliminary bout
Heavyweight Division
Bernd Obermueller (MMA Debut) vs Abdul Ahmad (MMA Debut)
Two late bloomers having their first MMA fight in this one. Obermueller is favoured by the bookies, probably because of his stronger ground game. His opponent “The Afghan Bear”, Hamad has had some local success in the Muay Thai circuit and is not to be underestimated. It’ll be interesting to see how these two launch their heavyweight career in the BFF.
MAIN EVENT
Light Heavyweight Division
Iggy Elsdon (1-0-0, BFF Debut) vs Daniel Coker (MMA Debut)
The uppercut that changed the face of MMA and destroyed the face of Rick Scott. That’s what lit the fire under Iggy Elsdons’ career. The Youtube clip of his devastating blow went viral and earned him the nick name “King Kong”. Elsdon will have some mighty big shoes to fill if he wants to live up to the hype, but at least it got him into the main event of BFF 3. His opponent, Russian born Daniel Coker, is relatively unknown in the world of MMA, insiders claim he’s a strong boxer that can take a punch and has some powerful wrestling manoeuvres in his bag of tricks. This fight will have people all over tuning in and will without a doubt set Habayashi’s Lounge Ablaze!
  • Upvote 2

Boris has asked me to read a statement on his behalf:

"I was just minding my own business trying out those weird tiny ball things that you guys call food, when that bitch Terell Ward starts swearing and throwing gang signs at me. If he likes gangs, maybe i should call my folks in the Bratva to pay him a visit. Like that guy's in a gang anyway... He looks like he'd be out cold after half a bottle of vodka. Where i come from, thats called light refreshment.

He better be on his game on saturday or he'll find out just how bad an angry russian guy can be"

• Upvote 3

Boris has asked me to read a statement on his behalf:

"I was just minding my own business trying out those weird tiny ball things that you guys call food, when that bitch Terell Ward starts swearing and throwing gang signs at me. If he likes gangs, maybe i should call my folks in the Bratva to pay him a visit. Like that guy's in a gang anyway... He looks like he'd be out cold after half a bottle of vodka. Where i come from, thats called light refreshment.

He better be on his game on saturday or he'll find out just how bad an angry russian guy can be"

Terell "Blood Red" Ward (330017)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14557121641834.gif

"Typical bitch ass pussy... Getting other people to make statements for you. I see you scared homie. You might have these fooled with the big "I am big angry Russian" Uh rawr, big angry Russian bullshit. Pipe the fuck down playa! I know the true meaning of a Angry Russian so let's get informative for the oriental audience... "When a Russian girl with a hairy bush dumps vodka into her vagina and queefs it into ones mouth. "

Ooohhh Still an angry Russian playa?

Wanna know how I know this information, Boris? Yo big, hairy, queefing, vodka dumping, eurotrash momma is one angrryyyyy Russian, myyyyy G. Name dropping Bratva like you a playa, eh? You ain't shit homie. No affiliation, no link ups, you a nobody. Sub par stand-up, some bullshit fake WWE wrestling mofucka with some hyped up internet blue belt? Get outta here, bitch.

I'm gunna ruin you like I ruined yo ugly ass momma when me and the homies ran a train up on her.

I'll be throwing more than just signs on Saturday homie. you'll see 'bout dat. Then we'll see who's "out cold".

Peace out ,G's.

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/38/38w24.jpg

Boris Matusov (330414)

Typical American making everything about sex. Be honest with youself, you've never had sex with anyone, let alone a russian girl. A russian girl would beat the shit out of you and your tiny gun before letting it anywhere near her.

Scared of you? No... The only thing im scared of is everyone seeing my bald patch. Thats an unfortunate side effect of Bratva membership. You get very stressed. Luckily, im so unstressed by the thought of fighting you, hairs may actually regrow before the fight.

I can't believe i'm the guy who has to tell you this, but please learn some english. Between your 'yo', 'playa' and 'homie's, it's hard to tell what the fuck you're saying. I didn't bother getting semi-fluent in this already-shitty language so that lazy ass motherfuckers like you could say half of words then give up, and hope everyone else understands you.

• Upvote 4

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/38/38w24.jpg

Boris Matusov (330414)

Typical American making everything about sex. Be honest with youself, you've never had sex with anyone, let alone a russian girl. A russian girl would beat the shit out of you and your tiny gun before letting it anywhere near her.

Scared of you? No... The only thing im scared of is everyone seeing my bald patch. Thats an unfortunate side effect of Bratva membership. You get very stressed. Luckily, im so unstressed by the thought of fighting you, hairs may actually regrow before the fight.

I can't believe i'm the guy who has to tell you this, but please learn some english. Between your 'yo', 'playa' and 'homie's, it's hard to tell what the fuck you're saying. I didn't bother getting semi-fluent in this already-shitty language so that lazy ass motherfuckers like you could say half of words then give up, and hope everyone else understands you.

Terell "Blood Red" Ward (330017)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14557121641834.gif

Beat the shit outta me? Homie, get real. Ain't nobody beating shit outta me. In the streets, the cage or the bedroom. Yah feel me? Although I might have to try the bedroom, I like me some kinky pum pum.

You need to stop lying to the people and yourself. We can all see you're scared, G. Shooting your mouth off about learning language. This ain't college bruva. But let me tell you... Saturday you're gunna get schooled in the art of violence. Let's hope you fight as well as you talk, bitch.

• Upvote 2

As you all know, round 1 took place this evening in Tokyo, Japan and the results are in. All 8 of the tournament bouts (and the 2 additional bouts) ended via finish, with the majority in the first round - showing just how destructive these new young stars can be when pushed to the limit. Congratulations to those who progress in the bracket and commiserations to those who have suffered defeats.

PPji1LF.png

Here is the updated bracket, with the match ups for round 2:

d60IOSC.png

Fight offers will be sent out ASAP, so good luck with your training and we look forward to some more amazing fights as the tournament progresses!

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/27/27b5.jpg

James Cole:
"I'm going to keep this nice and simple so maybe someone will be kind enough to translate to Hamasaki. Nothing will stop me from getting that belt. I am taking souvenirs on my way to the top, the first was Ricky Yaa's arm. Haven't decided which piece of you to take yet. Could be your arm, neck, head hell maybe I'll just put a beating on you and take your heart.

See you in round 2."

• Upvote 3