Rose Namajunas vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Calvin Kattar vs. Renato Carneiro

Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Kyle Bochniak
Joe Lauzon vs. Chris Gruetzemache
Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Felice Herrig
Bec Rawlings vs. Ashlee Evans-Smith
Evan Dunham vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier
Devin Clark vs. Mike Rodriguez

If the UFC contracts arent binding for boxing then why did McGregor have to get permission from the UFC to allow the fight?

I'll wait for your incoherent reply.

Working with a promotion company and getting permission aren't the same thing. Their contracts just can't be binding for boxing. It just isn't possible or legal. The Ali act is a federal act, it was made for situations just like that where managers and promoters try to tie up fighters and prevent them from fighting unless under their say so and direction. That's just the way it is, you can blabber on about it all day but it doesn't change the fact that ufc contracts are abusive, obtrusive and controlling. They're not good contracts and it gives ufc complete control over a fightets career. That just doesn't fly in boxing. No doubt there will be a similar restriction for mma eventually. If he decides to boxing they could try and tie him up in court, and that may work in America for a period of time but eventually the Ali act would win out.

All that aside, I'm pretty confident the UFC wouldn't try to tie McGregor up like that. Their numbers are already plummeting. They're having trouble selling our average sized arenas. They're trying to negotiate tv contracts. They're trying to go into boxing promotion. Lost Money, time and bad PR would be the only prize for that sort of thing to temporarily stop Conor from fighting?

And on top of all of that. Does he need to fight again? He has a lot of money. Yeah he lives large. But his cars are mostly rentals. His jet is a rental. He owns a couple houses. He's branching into other businesses. He's spending plenty of money, and still making it. He's probably got a part 2 of his documentary coming. A possible biopic?

And anyway, this is all speculation. He's not going to be sued for millions and millions. He'll be sued for emotional damages and lost wages. It'll be chump change to him. Dana is acting out right now but he'll be be over it in a couple days because at the end of the day, the UFC is a business and Conor makes them money.

Working with a promotion company and getting permission aren't the same thing. Their contracts just can't be binding for boxing. It just isn't possible or legal. The Ali act is a federal act, it was made for situations just like that where managers and promoters try to tie up fighters and prevent them from fighting unless under their say so and direction. That's just the way it is, you can blabber on about it all day but it doesn't change the fact that ufc contracts are abusive, obtrusive and controlling. They're not good contracts and it gives ufc complete control over a fightets career. That just doesn't fly in boxing. No doubt there will be a similar restriction for mma eventually. If he decides to boxing they could try and tie him up in court, and that may work in America for a period of time but eventually the Ali act would win out.

All that aside, I'm pretty confident the UFC wouldn't try to tie McGregor up like that. Their numbers are already plummeting. They're having trouble selling our average sized arenas. They're trying to negotiate tv contracts. They're trying to go into boxing promotion. Lost Money, time and bad PR would be the only prize for that sort of thing to temporarily stop Conor from fighting?

And on top of all of that. Does he need to fight again? He has a lot of money. Yeah he lives large. But his cars are mostly rentals. His jet is a rental. He owns a couple houses. He's branching into other businesses. He's spending plenty of money, and still making it. He's probably got a part 2 of his documentary coming. A possible biopic?

And anyway, this is all speculation. He's not going to be sued for millions and millions. He'll be sued for emotional damages and lost wages. It'll be chump change to him. Dana is acting out right now but he'll be be over it in a couple days because at the end of the day, the UFC is a business and Conor makes them money.

I stopped reading after the blatantly wrong first sentence. The UFC had to grant McGregor permission to take the Mayweather fight. If you cant understand that, there is no reason to read all the stupid ramblings you post afterwords.

Try again.

Well, that's one way for Conor to avoid fighting Khabib or Tony anytime soon. Conor is scared.

This coming from one of Conor's longest, biggest fans.

This shit is rediculous, he's been an assclown since the Maywhether fight, that money corrupted his soul. Money will make or break you emotionally.

And I'd still root for Conor if he fought whoever, but he is doing everything in his power to avoid fighting those 2 guys.

Oh come on for fucks sake. These guys get in the octagon and throw down for 15/25mins. Saying one of them is scared is ridiculous.

I stopped reading after the blatantly wrong first sentence. The UFC had to grant McGregor permission to take the Mayweather fight. If you cant understand that, there is no reason to read all the stupid ramblings you post afterwords.

Try again.

No, they didn't. Just saying something doesn't make it true. He didn't need permission at all. Jesus it's difficult to make a point to stupid people.

No, they didn't. Just saying something doesn't make it true. He didn't need permission at all. Jesus it's difficult to make a point to stupid people.

Because you believe something in your connor fantasies doesnt make it true. The UFC had to grant Connor permission to take the fight. That's why they co promoted it and got a big chunk of the payday despite not being necessary at all towards promotion.

Try again you filthy stupid animal.

Just don't even respond. I'm done with it. Like arguing with a fucking wall. You're in an invalid. Your only arguments are random bullshit that you make up on the spot and desperately try to convince is the truth and insults.

LMAO. You are wrong and its common knowledge that you are wrong. I like that you are taking retard to a new level here. The guy who used to argue that CM Punk was going to have a nice MMA career thanks you for taking the spotlight off him.

Those are some salty irish tears you are shedding.

Because you believe something in your connor fantasies doesnt make it true. The UFC had to grant Connor permission to take the fight. That's why they co promoted it and got a big chunk of the payday despite not being necessary at all towards promotion.

Try again you filthy stupid animal.

I honestly don't know how you became to be this stupid. Seriously, it's fucking impressive at least.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/conor-mcgregor-can-indeed-legally-book-a-boxing-match-without-zuffas-permission-proof-inside.3245143/

This is a fairly simple explanation of how the Ali act would work against the UFC. A federal act that literally prevents organisations from forcing a fighter to fight for them. Do you understand how that works? A federal act that PREVENTS organisations from controlling a fighter. You fúcking retard.

Your argument is wrong. Your information is wrong. There is a federal law that prevents exactly that for licensed boxers. It's not up for debate. You can't argue against it. Insult me all day but you're just plain wrong and too fucking stupid to see how wrong you actually are it's just not arguable. It's just the way it is.

I honestly don't know how you became to be this stupid. Seriously, it's fucking impressive at least.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/conor-mcgregor-can-indeed-legally-book-a-boxing-match-without-zuffas-permission-proof-inside.3245143/

This is a fairly simple explanation of how the Ali act would work against the UFC. A federal act that literally prevents organisations from forcing a fighter to fight for them. Do you understand how that works? A federal act that PREVENTS organisations from controlling a fighter. You fúcking retard.

lmao

But he didnt do it. How dumb are you?

If he could have legally did it, dont you think his lawyers/management would have went that route? They would have loved to pocket the UFC's cut. But they didnt. Because the article doesnt even say its definite:

Is there any way McGregor could take this bout without the UFC's consent? Well, after speaking to a few individuals (the most significant of whom was attorney Sam Spira, who represents Randy Couture and Victor Ortiz) who are very familiar with the legal ins and outs of both boxing and UFC contracts the answer seems to be a definitive... maybe?

So, its saying that potentially, after a long legal battle, that McGregor could do it. But its no sure thing. Great link. Either you didnt understand it or didnt read it. Thanks for the laugh you sick little chimp.

Your argument is wrong. Your information is wrong. There is a federal law that prevents exactly that for licensed boxers. It's not up for debate. You can't argue against it. Insult me all day but you're just plain wrong and too fucking stupid to see how wrong you actually are it's just not arguable. It's just the way it is.

"Your honor, even though my client recognized in the past the UFC's right to copromote his boxing match (setting a precedent), we would now like to be released from that obligation because my client attacked a bus with a hand cart and was charged with multiple assaults."

lmao

But he didnt do it. How dumb are you?

If he could have legally did it, dont you think his lawyers/management would have went that route? They would have loved to pocket the UFC's cut. But they didnt. Because the article doesnt even say its definite:

Is there any way McGregor could take this bout without the UFC's consent? Well, after speaking to a few individuals (the most significant of whom was attorney Sam Spira, who represents Randy Couture and Victor Ortiz) who are very familiar with the legal ins and outs of both boxing and UFC contracts the answer seems to be a definitive... maybe?

So, its saying that potentially, after a long legal battle, that McGregor could do it. But its no sure thing. Great link. Either you didnt understand it or didnt read it. Thanks for the laugh you sick little chimp.

You said he couldn't, now you're saying he potentially could after a long legal battle. But it wouldn't be a long legal battle. That was hypothetical on whether or not he could get licensed. He got licensed immediately. Before even discussing the mayweather fight. As soon as he was licensed he was covered by the act. He would have booked his fight and the UFC MAY have taken him to court. And that would have played out only one of two ways

1: Conor would have filed under the Ali act (and won)

2: conor would have filed under state boxing laws (example, in New York a contract can be for no longer than 3 years, cannot be automatically extended), ufc contracts break this law and contract would have been voided.

"Your honor, even though my client recognized in the past the UFC's right to copromote his boxing match (setting a precedent), we would now like to be released from that obligation because my client attacked a bus with a hand cart and was charged with multiple assaults."

There are no words that can articulate just how stupid you are. You're a special, special girl.

You're arguing a point that is so wrong it's unbelievable. I've already provided proof of how Conor can get around the UFC contract. Not that I needed to. What sort of fucking invalid doesn't know or understand the fucking Ali act? It was revolutionary. It changed the sport.

Where's your proof that contradicts mine? If you haven't got any, shut the fuck up. Making shit up does not an argument make.

You said he couldn't, now you're saying he potentially could after a long legal battle. But it wouldn't be a long legal battle. That was hypothetical on whether or not he could get licensed. He got licensed immediately. Before even discussing the mayweather fight. As soon as he was licensed he was covered by the act. He would have booked his fight and the UFC MAY have taken him to court. And that would have played out only one of two ways

1: Conor would have filed under the Ali act (and won)

2: conor would have filed under state boxing laws (example, in New York a contract can be for no longer than 3 years, cannot be automatically extended), ufc contracts break this law and contract would have been voided.

the article that you sited as proof said potentially dummy, not me. The fact that McGregor sought permission from the UFC is all the evidence I need to know that his team realizes that his contract will not allow him to fight without permission.

I like how a guy who cant write a coherent sentence is now a legal expert.

There are no words that can articulate just how stupid you are. You're a special, special girl.

You're arguing a point that is so wrong it's unbelievable. I've already provided proof of how Conor can get around the UFC contract. Not that I needed to. What sort of fucking invalid doesn't know or understand the fucking Ali act? It was revolutionary. It changed the sport.

Where's your proof that contradicts mine? If you haven't got any, shut the fuck up. Making shit up does not an argument make.

The proof is what actually happened. McGregor sought and received permission from the UFC to fight Mayweather after making sizable monetary concessions to the UFC. That's proof that I'm right, not just a speculation by a mma blogger.

You have to be retarded to think that being charged with multiple assaults will strengthen his case to theoretically free himself from the UFC contract.

The proof is what actually happened. McGregor sought and received permission from the UFC to fight Mayweather after making sizable monetary concessions to the UFC. That's proof that I'm right, not just a speculation by a mma blogger.

You have to be retarded to think that being charged with multiple assaults will strengthen his case to theoretically free himself from the UFC contract.

Lmao speculation. So you genuinely don't know how the ali act works. You must be pretty new to the fight game. I can forgive your ignorance.

As for criminal charges, how the fuck would that affect a contract dispute? Lmfao. What the fuck are you smoking boy

I'll wait for your proof bro. Anything at all. Any valid information, a link, research, something real and not just random bullshit.

Once again, what actually happened is proof. McGregor had to ask the UFC for permission. Cant get any better proof than that.