death metal fans?

At no point did he say anything like "no, I'm not a fan". There was nothing for him to elaborate on. He just called a whole genre full of pretty talented musicians (especially the guitar players and drummers) a load of shit. He has no idea what kind of skill it takes to pull of those riffs and the drummers just have killer hand-eye coordination. I'm just saying.

takes loads of talents to tune a guitar down to drop d or drop c and strum really fast.

Again, those two things aren't mutually exclusive. They're talented. They still play shit music.

I guess they are talented in their own sense? But real guitarists.. like Paul Gilbert, are more on the lines of having 'talent'

try listening to Psyopus and tell me that the guitarist (theres only one guitarist which you might find it hard to tell) isnt talented.

Look for a song called "Death, I...". That is serious technical jazz/third stream classical guitar at work. People like Paul Gilbert and Steve Vai and Robert Fripp are all unbelievable guitarists too but it doesnt seem to expel the sort of passion guiarists like the guy from Psyopus, the guys from Cephalic Carnage and Ben from Dillinger Excape Plan do. I saw Steve Vai at a Zappa Plays Zappa show and seriously wanted him to fall off stage onto his neck.

Total guitar wanker.

takes loads of talents to tune a guitar down to drop d or drop c and strum really fast.

Um that's some ignorant shit, maybe you should stop listening to Korn, I think you should probably not get into the technique of metal guitarists because you will get eaten alive. There is no doubt the highest talent is most likely in metal. Its just a coincidence that some of the highest level jazz musicians play in metal bands?

Why don't you try to pay attention to what some of these guys are playing? So what dude, you think these guys just find 1 power chord and strum really fast? figure your shit out dude. Ignorant.

Psyopus is pretty chaotic, if you guys want to hear some very interesting guitar work as well as very tech bass work, check out the new The Faceless album, absolutely incredible guitar work, if you think the typical sweeps and arpeggios' are a bit played out, wait till you hear the progressions this guy plays,so nuts. These noobish people should probably avoid, it has screaming, growling, insane tech guitar work, beautiful fusion jazz breaks, and lots of blast beats .The guitar def melts my soul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGjV24TD0c8

Sure, I was really into the death/black/doom-metalscene about five years ago, heh. Hair down to the waist too, damn, those photos always cracks me up. Nice seeing some Cryptopsy-fans here, how about Funeral mist? Katatonia? Opeth? Carcass, Bloodbath, Morbid angel etc? Any fans? Let's namedrop each other silly. :coffee:

Sure, I was really into the death/black/doom-metalscene about five years ago, heh. Hair down to the waist too, damn, those photos always cracks me up. Nice seeing some Cryptopsy-fans here, how about Funeral mist? Katatonia? Opeth? Carcass, Bloodbath, Morbid angel etc? Any fans? Let's namedrop each other silly. :coffee:

Hell yes bro, and Opeth is one of my favourite bands. Just saw them live not too too long ago, epic.

\m/ x_X \m/

amon amarth... the so-called "viking metal" :notworthy:

Hell Yeah VIKING METAL !!! Bathory is a great Viking Metal band from sweden, listen to anything from Bathory's album "Blood, Fire, Death" !!! That album will blow your mind !!!

Um that's some ignorant shit, maybe you should stop listening to Korn, I think you should probably not get into the technique of metal guitarists because you will get eaten alive. There is no doubt the highest talent is most likely in metal. Its just a coincidence that some of the highest level jazz musicians play in metal bands?

Why don't you try to pay attention to what some of these guys are playing? So what dude, you think these guys just find 1 power chord and strum really fast? figure your shit out dude. Ignorant.

Psyopus is pretty chaotic, if you guys want to hear some very interesting guitar work as well as very tech bass work, check out the new The Faceless album, absolutely incredible guitar work, if you think the typical sweeps and arpeggios' are a bit played out, wait till you hear the progressions this guy plays,so nuts. These noobish people should probably avoid, it has screaming, growling, insane tech guitar work, beautiful fusion jazz breaks, and lots of blast beats .The guitar def melts my soul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGjV24TD0c8

I was classifying most metal bands in that shit category. I have nothing against legitly skilled guitar players.. or drummers. But id say 90% of all metal bands tune down into drop d or c and just play power chords for everything. sorry if i offended.

Hell yes bro, and Opeth is one of my favourite bands. Just saw them live not too too long ago, epic.

They're a sweet live-experience man. Seen them many times and they often seem to be renewing themselves. Same goes with their records, some aren't to fond of that but I really appreciate the way they experiment and try out new things. Not something you can attribute to all bands who's been active since the early 90's..

And speaking of viking/black-metal, Bathory is/was great too. Same goes for Dissection, at least I got to see them live once before the lead singers suicide. :sad01_anim:

Let's namedrop each other silly. :coffee:

Ha Im game for a bit of name dropping!

Carcass just well metal! Intestinal Disgorge, twodeadsluts onegoodfuck, Clutch, Soilent Green....that'll do for now.

Name droppin eh? I'm down.

Although I'm not a huge death metal fan, I listen to a lot of metal. I'm starting to get really heavy into proggy stuff, and I can't believe nobody has mentioned Mastodon. Ive seen them play Crack The Skye in its entirety twice, it was amazing both times.

Also if anyone is looking to open their horizon a bit check out Between The Buried And Me, they just released a new album that is probably top 3 for me this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

i used to play in a trash/death metal band

i exclusively listened to metal from 13 tot 16 or something

these days i still respect it but i dont listen death metal a lot anymore