Sub and takedown spamming prevention

MMATycoon

Ignore the one guy who doesnt know what hes talking about.

Thanks for finally getting this one out there and working.

Agreed...I don't think he was really complaining anyways, I just think he didn't understand, but maybe that's just the hippie in me...lol

Anyways, thanks for the change Mike!!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of us with a clue are really excited about this. This was my major complaint with the game engine. Now if we can just get energy loss to matter more during fights we'll be set!

That's actually what this change does.... it wasn't specifically a change in subs and takedowns, just a change to energy recovery.

I fought last night, had the takedowns set to around 55-60%, and my guy got gassed early, so it looks like that works. Only problem was, all my guy did was literally try for takedowns. He would shoot for one, get stuffed, come back with another, eat a combo to the face, try again. There was a point in the commentary where I tried for eight takedowns in a row. Could be a problem with my slider tactics, but I thought I was setting it for a more balanced strategy.

Spamming?

I've read the entire thread and from what I can gather, some managers set their sliders to nearly 100% on certain things, like TD's and subs, and this annoys their opponents who then label it, "spamming"...?

Is that the gist of it?

My dad built a shitty wrestler, too big and too slow, so he tried to mask that by going 95% takedowns in the hope that 1 TD might be enough for him to win.

Well, much to my amusement, he got stuffed on every TD attempt he tried and ended up being KO'd due to his one-dimensional "attack".

So now, there is a penalty introduced for these types, by way of an increased energy drain?

Does that mean that if someone attempts multiple subs when on the ground they will tire out?

How is that fair? Subs are hardly as demanding on the gas tank as TD attempts, are they?

And what's with all the moans about head-kicks? Surely it's up to managers to decide how they instruct their guys to fight? Doesn't everyone fight under the same conditions, making it a level playing field for all? If a guy keeps doing high kicks, he should be more vulnerable to TD's, no? So, what gives?

Excuse my ignorance, I'm obviously missing something...?

I think the biggest problem regarding the TD/Sub Spamming wasn't that it's hard to defeat a spammer... from an org perspective, those kind of fights kill the ratings for events. It's especially horrible to have two spammers fight each other.other.

That's actually what this change does.... it wasn't specifically a change in subs and takedowns, just a change to energy recovery.

Can you elaborate a bit more on what low energy means during a fight? Is it possible for a fighter to tap or get a ref stoppage due to exhaustion? When a fighter is gassed, they're more susceptible to knockouts because they start to breathe out of their mouths which weakens their jaw. Is this represented in the game? If body shots serve to sap energy, do they have any effect on someone who already doesn't have any gas left?

I've read the entire thread and from what I can gather, some managers set their sliders to nearly 100% on certain things, like TD's and subs, and this annoys their opponents who then label it, "spamming"...?

Well, what's wrong with that?

So now, there is a penalty introduced for these types, by way of an increased energy drain?

Does that mean that if someone attempts multiple subs when on the ground they will tire out?

How is that fair? Subs are hardly as demanding on the gas tank as TD attempts, are they?

And what's with all the moans about head-kicks? Surely it's up to managers to decide how they instruct their guys to fight? Doesn't everyone fight under the same conditions, making it a level playing field for all? If a guy keeps doing high kicks, he should be more vulnerable to TD's, no? So, what gives?

One problem is that you've been able to make an unrealistic number of takedown attempts before this change, same with sub attempts according to many.

No one has said that subs will be as tiring as takedowns, in reality even really fit fighters can gas doing nothing but subgrappling though.

The fact that we're all using the same fight engine isn't in any way a reason not to try to improve it.

Ok, let's try a shorter post...

So, "spamming" is doing one thing ad nauseam?

Why is it bad? If one guy does only one thing, is he not easier to defend against?

And if someone does 50 moves in a round, now they will be penalised if they are all one move, as opposed to 10 lots of 5 different moves?

One problem is that you've been able to make an unrealistic number of takedown attempts before this change, same with sub attempts according to many.

No one has said that subs will be as tiring as takedowns, in reality even really fit fighters can gas doing nothing but subgrappling though.

The fact that we're all using the same fight engine isn't in any way a reason not to try to improve it.

Thanks for that.

So, by attempting only one move repeatedly, fighters will tire more than if they vary their moves with a more diverse attack? Is that it?

If you don't understand why this is being done, it's because it wasn't accurately set up before and now it is. That's all there is to it.

I understand "why" it's being done (to balance the game more), I just don't understand "what" is being done.

So, by attempting only one move repeatedly, fighters will tire more (and their attempts will become less effective) than if they vary their moves with a more diverse attack? Is that it?

Good change mike!! i think its important to watch its not gone to far the other way though, from reading the earlier post a guy with wonderful wrestling should be pretty much able to take one with feeble wrestling down at will.

+1 for toning the kicks back

So, by attempting only one move repeatedly, fighters will tire more (and their attempts will become less effective) than if they vary their moves with a more diverse attack? Is that it?

No, it has nothing to do with repeating the same thing over and over again - people will just tire properly now, regardless of what they do. The system was giving an unrealistic boost to energy when a fighter hit rock bottom energy.

There is an energy recovery system in place and always has been - that's the bit that's been improved. Nothing at all specific to subs or takedowns has been changed - it's just that these two things were the big concerns and they will be indirectly dealt with by this change.

Fcuks sake. Even in a thread about something people have requested for about 5 months, someone manages to complain. Actually, being a high level in submissions is now far MORE important, because now a mid level sub guy can't just rattle off a load of submissions and eventually get one.

I was not one of the people requesting this........ but I wont complain.

No, it has nothing to do with repeating the same thing over and over again - people will just tire properly now, regardless of what they do. The system was giving an unrealistic boost to energy when a fighter hit rock bottom energy.

There is an energy recovery system in place and always has been - that's the bit that's been improved. Nothing at all specific to subs or takedowns has been changed - it's just that these two things were the big concerns and they will be indirectly dealt with by this change.

Ok, thanks.

Still not sure how "spamming" fits in, or what it is, but hey, what's that saying about ignorance?

I could use some bliss, even the ignorant variety...

What I take away from this is that it will (finally) have a dramatic effect on your fighter if your strategy is set to max aggressive, which in turn makes you attempt more moves, which makes your fighter tire. Correct?