Checkmate Championship

Neondragon

I apologize for that, I was gonna send a message/post out soon about how the rankings will work. Since we now have a full set of rankings it is required that the fighter have at least one fight in the org before receiving a ranking, the fighters that are ranked but haven't fought for us yet have been ranked for a few updates before this rule. I truly appreciate Bubba signing with us and I believe he can be something really big. He already has the most hype + pop in the division and 8-0 record is insane, that's why I set him up with the #3 ranked guy. Win or lose Bubba will get a ranking next to his name, he just has to get that first fight in. I honestly was even thinking about going ahead and ranking him in this update, but since this week has been super busy and the fight is next Saturday I figured I would wait to do it then, but like I said, win or lose he is a big draw and should be taken seriously by the division so he will be ranked. There is also a 205er named Ivan "Bricks" Kalcevski that I am waiting for the same thing with, he is 7-0 and is currently second in hype + pop for 205 but just needs that first fight in the org.

Fair enough bro, my bad I think I was just having a bad day lol
  • Upvote 2

- Checkmate Championship 3 Spotlight Previews -

Logopit_1594366780236.jpg?width=479&heig

We will see a few highly skilled fighters making their anticipated Checkmate debuts that could shake up the divisions on this card! Let's start by taking a closer look at some of the bouts with the highest stakes!

Let's take a look at a Heavyweight bout that could have some huge impacts on the division when #3 Test "Lets See" Run (8-2) (3-2) takes on undefeated Bubba Wallace (8-0) (0-0 in CC)

Test Run has been a big challenge for anyone that has faced him and his only loss to the best of the best in the division. Run was a participant in Checkmate's "The Crowning" Tournament and got a KOTN win against Checkmate vet Olusola Oni in the first round, he then went on to fight current champ Jon Nolan in the second round of the tournament. After that loss, he turned around and faced an undefeated prospect Mo Murder who was a perfect 5-0 before Test Run finished him by TKO in the 3rd round as the main event fight at Checkmate Contenders 2. He then again was the main event on Checkmate To The Throne Finale where he faced #1 Heavyweight contender, even though he didn't get the win in that bout he got the experience of facing yet another one of the best in the division, he will look to bring that experience in this bout against a hungry undefeated fighter that wants to make a mark on the division.

The man looking to leave a mark in more ways then figuratively is AWC winner Bubba Wallace, who is a perfect 8-0 in his pro MMA career, and not only has he never lost he has also finished every single fight by way of TKO/KO. 7 of his wins were in the first round and the single fight that ended in the second ended just 5 seconds in the second round. Bubba has impressed me personally with his record and I feel he will be a big threat to any heavyweight in Checkmate, Win or lose he can look forward to having a # beside his name when the rankings are updated, as I feel dominating the tournament in the fashion he did is well worth a #. He also has a win over the man who will be challenging for the 265 belt tonight. That being said the Memphis native has been given a big task for his first fight inside Checkmate and will have to pull out all of his tricks to take out the highly respected contender in Test Run, but given his track record, I think he has shown that he can handle the pressure!

Who takes it? The top-ranked vet, or the hungry undefeated fighter looking to pave his way in the division?

For our Heavyweight Champion Fight! We will see dominating champ Jon Nolan (9-0) (7-0 in CC) take on #5 ranked contender Anton Gardner (5-2) (0-0 in CC)

The Heavyweight champ truly should not need any introduction, but I will do so anyway. Nolan is a perfect 9-0 in pro-MMA, he is the 265 winner of Checkmate's "The Crowning" tournament, he is the inaugural 265 champion and has defended his belt once already, he has a win over the #1, #3, and #6 contenders in the division and will look to add yet another contender to his long list of victims in this fight, Nolan has looked unstoppable inside the Checkmate cage and has put on some dominating performances against the best in the division, he has finished 7 of his wins in the first round by TKO/KO, but he has yet to get a performance of the night bonus, will this fight be his first? Lightweight champ Chief Aztec was the first and only champion in Checkmate to defend his belt for the second time. Nolan now has the chance to be the second and tie that record and I know he is gonna do everything he can do make that happen!

but that will be a tall order to fulfill as he will be facing Gardner who is riding a 3 fight TKO/KO win streak and does not wanna disappoint his fans for his Checkmate debut. Gardner was the 3rd place finisher for 265 in the AWC tournament and will now look to take out a giant in his debut in Checkmate. The Los Angeles CA native was quick to accept this bout against the champ Nolan and will look to put his well-rounded skill set on display and try to take out the current king of the most killer filled division in Checkmate and claim his spot on top the throne and put the whole division on notice and scream "Remember the name" if he can make good on his debut and gets that belt put around his waist!

Who will leave the cage with that belt?!?!?!?!

We will also see a big Lightweight bout when #1 contender Carlos "The Esteemable Ese" Villarreal (5-2) (4-2 in CC) will look to spoil the debut of highly skilled #7 ranked Edgar Bravo (6-2) (0-0 in CC)

Both of these fighters will lay it all on the line to try to pick up a big win in this bout. With Villarreal moving down to featherweight after this fight he will look to make sure he leaves after getting a big win against another ranked contender, Bravo, on the other hand, wants to make sure that doesn't happen and wants to make a huge leap in the division by taking out the #1 contender in his debut!

We will also see some ranked talent in

- 145 - #3 Chase Buchanan (3-1) (1-0 in CC) vs #5 Donald Fisher (4-2) (0-1 in CC)

- 145 - #4 Siete DiMaio (2-0) (1-0 in CC) vs #8 Anderson Beach Boy (3-2) (1-0 in CC)

- 170 - #9 Logan Barrengarry (2-1) (1-0 in CC) vs Lil Dicky (4-1) (0-0 in CC)

- 205 - #10 Nicholas Dienekes (3-1) (2-1 in CC) vs Bobby Conger (3-0) (1-0 in CC)

We will also these unranked fighters who will look to make big statements!

- 265 - Earnie Shavers vs Bloodsport Unknown

- 155 - The Undertaker vs Manco Capac

- 205 - Ian Justino vs Thicc Nation

20200605_012938.jpg

• Upvote 3

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15699041069799.gif

Villarreal picks up the victory on his 21st birthday! he'll be hitting the clubs hard tonight before going back to train for a chance at the notorious Magnificent Chulalongkorn's Title!

What a way to kick off 21! Congrats on the big win and be prepared for a big offer soon! ;)

- Rankings Update! -

Logopit_1594624310181.jpg?width=312&heigLogopit_1594624436469.jpg?width=312&heigLogopit_1594624528552.jpg?width=312&heig

Logopit_1594624727732.jpg?width=312&heigLogopit_1594626102155.jpg?width=312&heigLogopit_1594625257031.jpg?width=312&heig

"*NR" = "Not Ranked" meaning the fighter was not previously ranked before the update.

- New Addition- (Just testing it out, might not stay or get adjusted)

"FC" = "Former Champion" meaning the fighter has been a champion in Checkmate in the past.

If there is a number beside it, that is to show how many times the fighter defended the belt when they were champion.

• Upvote 3

- Checkmate Championship 4 Main Card Preview -

Logopit_1594973590222.jpg?width=329&heig

To kick off the main card we will see a big Featherweight bout between two contenders looking to send a message to the division when we see #3 ranked Emiliano Blackburn (4-2) (1-1 in CC) take on #6 Dechlan "Slick" Tomsett (4-3) (1-0 in CC)

Blackburn is coming off a title bout in the finale of the "Checkmate To The Throne" tournament where he came up short in the third round against former champ and current #1 contender Rikuto "The Dragon" Ryuunosuke. Before that fight, Blackburn was riding a 4 fight win streak with some wins over the likes of the current top-ranked contenders #7 Donald Fisher and #5 Charles Manson and now Blackburn will be looking to get back to his winning ways by taking out yet another contender.

On the other side, Tomsett will be looking to extend his 2 fight win streak. He made good on his Checkmate debut back at Checkmate Championship 1 where he got a win in a fight of the night performance over current #9 ranked contender Ben Sheeran where he won by unanimous decision. Now he will look to add the biggest name yet to his resume by taking out a top 5 contender and make his name known throughout the division.

Up next we will see a rematch for the ages when we see #4 ranked Gabriel Creed (3-1) (3-1) take on #6 Clinch King "Razor" Smash Machine (4-1) (4-1 in CC)

and firstly I must say since both of these fighters have spent their whole pro careers here at Checkmate I know both of them fairly well and I could spend a long time typing up a preview for this fight but I will try to keep it short and sweet the best I can!

Gabriel Creed made his debut with us here at Checkmate Championship at just 17 years old! and not only did he make a successful debut but he made a dominant one! He landed an unbelievable 150+ punches, and just about 100 of them were to the body, that hurts my stomach just thinking about it! With all that damage from that performance it earned him a FOTN bonus. He didn't just stop at his debut either he won his next two bouts against some of the toughest in the division in #5 Orvar Odd Lodinkinni and the man he will be facing once again tonight #6 Clinch King "Razor" Smash Machine, he won both of those bouts by a FOTN performance by landing over 200 strikes combined.

His opponent is a man who needs no introduction if you have been with Checkmate for a while. The feared, The clinch master, The finisher Clinch King "Razor" Smash Machine is seeking his revenge for his only loss in pro-MMA and will look to pick up a big win on his route to reclaim the division he once sat on top of for the longest of time. Machine has a devastating clinch game, tis the name, just ask all of his opponents who have been rocked or dropped by his vicious knees or elbows. The only opponent to not get dropped by his clinch game is none other than Gabriel Creed but even he got rocked and cut by his clinch game. Once he gets you in his grasps he doesn't let you go and there is a price to pay for wasting his time trying to escape, most the time that price is a damaging knee right on the chin as he has finished all 4 of his wins by way of an elbow or knee in the clinch. Many have fallen to his killer knees but Creed has shown that he can take them and land his own offense in the clinch.

My question is, their first outing was an edge of your seat type fight of the night bout and I fully expect this time around to be the same but will Creed slay the dragon once again? Or will C.K.S.M get the revenge he has been seeking?!?!?!

Next will be another rematch that will be running it back, but this one was for the title in Conquest and both are ready to settle business again this time inside Checkmate's cage when #10 ranked Jingky Bacolod (4-1)(0-1 in CC) takes on a fighter looking to break into the top ten Drax Bautista (3-1) (1-0 in CC)

Although this time around the fight won't be for the title the stakes will still be high as both fighters will be looking to put on a performance of a lifetime.

Bacolod made his Checkmate debut back at Checkmate To The Throne RD#1 in the main event slot against rising star and current #4 ranked contender Jax Chambers. Even though he came up short in that outing the championship quality of Bacolod has never been questioned, before entering Checkmate Bacolod was a very successful champion over at Conquest. Taking out some of the best in the division and successfully defended his belt before moving over to Checkmate during the merge. This fight not being for a title will not be the only thing different this time around, after losing his debut Bacolod decided to look for a new manager, and now he will be looking to display his wide range set of skills and prove that he is still a fighter worthy of being feared.

Across the cage from him will be hungry up and comer Drax Bautista. Since coming up short in his last fight with Bacolod I can only assume that he has been training in the gym nonstop to sharpen his skillset, and with his last performance back at Checkmate To The Throne Finale where he finished Joey Hernandez by way of submission via arm triangle in the first round I think I can believe it! This time Bautista doesn't just wanna pick up the win, he wants to take the former Conquest champ out of the rankings and steal that #10 ranked spot by making a huge statement and putting the whole division on blast and make them all remember his name.

A championship quality rematch in a 3 round bout, who will be walking out with the W this time?!?!

Now for our Light-Heavyweight Championship co-main event!Surging Champion "Lord" Lukasz Wieczorek (5-1)(4-0 in CC) will look to defend his belt against a man that has been waiting for his shot. #1 contender Blake Phoenix "Version 2.0" (4-0)(0-0 in CC)

The champ Wieczorek is fresh off his win of the "Hunting Gold" tournament where he had some stiff competition and was the only fighter in the bracket that was not undefeated but still pulled it off, he had the superstar Gabriel Creed in the very first round of the tournament and shocked the world when he finished him in the very first round, but as if that wasn't spectacular enough he then went on to hand Mason Edwards he is very first and only loss in his pro-MMA carer after being a perfect 7-0 until meeting with Wieczorek in the finale of the tournament, and Wieczorek did it in under a minute with a KOTN finish! He also claimed his rightful throne on top of the Light-Heavyweight division that same night! Now with the world at his grasps, he will look to keep a firm grip on the title whilst facing the biggest challenge of his career.

Who is that you ask?

Undefeated #1 contender Blake Phoenix "Version 2.0" who is a perfect 4-0 in pro-MMA, but that is not it! Phoenix already knows what it feels like to be atop a division, as he was Conquest's 205 champion. Who did he beat for the title you may ask? Does the name Magnificent Chulalongkorn ring a bell? If not let me remind you. He is the current 145 champion here at Checkmate and is one heck of a fighter so to be the only fighter to have a win over him is one big task, a task Phoenix has completed by unanimous decision. Now that the "Hunting Gold" tournament has ended and now that we have a 205 champion here at Checkmate, Phoenix will finally get his title shot that he has rightfully earned, and I have to think with the time off I imagine that now he is the most motivated he has ever been for a fight, which is scary!

This title fight could very well be a fight of the night contender! what are your predictions for this fight?!?!?!?!

Now now now *cracks knuckles* on to the MAIN EVENT OF THE NIGHT!!!!!!! We will see some true chess masters clash when we see the champ One "Hit" Wonder (9-1)(4-1 in CC) look to defend his title against #1 contender Manco "The Good" Unknown (6-1)(2-0 in CC)

The man with the coveted Middleweight Title is One "Hit" Wonder who has looked unstoppable since getting his first loss out of the way all the way back at Checkmate Contenders 1 when he lost to newly resigned #3 contender Shawn Michaels. Since then he has gone a perfect 4-0 in his last 4, and he has taken out some of the best in Cesar De Costa, Subaru Barakka and Marc Vos X2, and he did so in dominating fashion by taking them all out by way of TKO/KO in the first 2 rounds! Wonder is currently tied for 3rd for the most TKO/KO wins in Checkmate as well as tied for 4th for most wins inside the org! After taking home the "To The Throne" tournament and the belt home with him, he now looks to make good on his first title defense!

But that will be a hard challenge to complete as the man that will be standing across from him will be #1 contender Manco "The Good" Unknown.

Unknown has been on a tear ever since joining Checkmate where he is currently riding a 2 fight win streak against some tough opponents. Before merging over to Checkmate, Manco was in Conquest and won the inaugural middleweight belt before losing it in his first defense. To win that belt he had to take out current #2 ranked Checkmate middleweight contender First Name, and he did that by submitting Name in the very first round by way of triangle choke after giving him a nasty cut. After merging Unknown has taken out the likes of Edward Folayang and #9 ranked Roku Takenaka. Unknown knows exactly how it feels to be a champion as well as how it feels to lose that title, which is a feeling he will be trying to make One Wonder experience.

can he do it? Or will we hear #AndStill?!

20200605_012938.jpg

• Upvote 5

- Rankings update! -

Logopit_1595235442603.jpg?width=310&heigLogopit_1595235555126.jpg?width=310&heigLogopit_1595235594508.jpg?width=310&heig

Logopit_1595236025520.jpg?width=310&heigLogopit_1595236037906.jpg?width=310&heigLogopit_1595236118346.jpg?width=310&heig

"*NR" = "Not Ranked" meaning the fighter was not previously ranked before the update.

"(FC)" = "Former Champion" meaning the fighter has been a champion in Checkmate in the past. If there is a number beside it, that is to show how many times the fighter defended the belt when they were champion.

• Upvote 1

- Checkmate Fight Night 9 Featured Fights Preview -
Logopit_1595316297460.jpg?width=329&heig
Undercard Bouts

185 - Bunta Fujiwara vs Bert Fat Boy

170 - Jeff Roberts vs Potemkin Izmaylov

145 - #10 Sammie Conner vs Craig List

170 - Pedro Vela vs Arriorus Adee

265 - Joey Hernandez vs Olusola Oni

Main Card Bouts

- 205 - #3 Mason Edwards (7-1)(1-1 in CC) vs Ben Warren (2-0)(1-0 in CC)

Edwards will look to start a new winning streak while the undefeated Warren will look to get a ranking beside his name.

- 155 - #3 Yut Han (4-1)(1-1 in CC) vs Carlos Rogan (2-2)(1-2 in CC)

Han will look to bounce back from his first loss in pro-MMA meanwhile Rogan will look to reclaim a ranking beside his name.

- 205 - #8 Omir Stalingrad (4-1)(1-0 in CC) vs #9 Bobby Bryant (5-1 MMA)(0-1 in CC)(2-1 in Kickboxing)

Two ranked Light-Heavyweights that will look to put on a battle for the ages as Stalingrad will look to make it 3 wins in a row and Bryant will look to redeem himself from his debut and pick up his first win inside Checkmate.

In our highly anticipated Co-Main Event we will see #2 First Name (6-1) (2-0 in CC) take on a contender looking to make a move in the rankings with #4 Pierre Nikolas (7-1) (2-1)

The Bhutan born First Name signed to us at Checkmate with the Conquest merge and since then has started running through some of the very best in the division. He is currently a perfect 2-0 inside Checkmate, taking out current #7 ranked Ispa Murska and long time #1 contender Marc Vos both in the first round by way of KO in just under 2 minutes! He was 2-1 with Conquest with both wins being a KOTN and his one and only loss was in a championship bout to current Middleweight Checkmate Champion Manco "The Good" Unknown who we saw get that belt just last Saturday! Having moved past that loss Name now looks to try to earn a rematch with that very man with a win over top contender Pierre Nikolas.

Across from him will be #4 ranked Pierre Nikolas who is coming off the biggest win of his career in his last bout where he got a fight of the night unanimous decision win against current ranked #5 contender Raffaele Callegari. That fight was just the second time Nikolas has ever gone to the judge's scorecard as 5 of his 7 wins are by way of first-round TKO finishes. The QFC Tournament 966 champion Nikolas has looked dominate in his last 2 bouts, now he will look to prove that he should be the next man in line for that title shot against the newly crowned champ and add yet another finish to his record.

In our MAIN EVENTTTTTT OF THE EVENT! We will see two top-ranked contenders who are on the lookout for a shot at the title when we see #2 ranked Zane "The Bedtime Story" Alexander (7-1) (1-0 in CC) face Checkmate vet and #5 ranked Orvar Odd Lodinkinni (4-1) (4-1 in CC)

Alexander is coming off a successful Main event victory in his debut where he took on Choctaw Bloode and won that bout by way of unanimous decision, now he will turn around and be under the brightest lights of the main event slot once again in Checkmate and ought this will just be his second appearance inside the Checkmate cage his experience outside the cage is where all of his well-earned hype has grown. He is the 205 champion of the Alliance World Championship tournament. After bringing home that huge victory he then decided to sign with us here at Checkmate and so far has looked like a promising contender. He is currently on a 6 fight win streak and now he will be looking to make the 7.

but to do that he will need to get through the rising up and comer Orvar Odd Lodinkinni.

Lodinkinni has spent his whole pro MMA career inside the bright lights of Checkmate and has been ranked in the Light-Heavyweight division ever since the very first 205 rankings in Checkmate! He was a first perfect 2-0 in his first 2 bouts in Checkmate and ranked #2 which earned him a high caliber fight against the young Gabriel Creed, even though Lodinkinni came up short in that bout he has not lost another fight since then and is currently riding a 2 fight win streak but his last outing was arguably his biggest outcome to date. He took out current ranked #9 contender Bobby Bryant who was a perfect 5-0 before getting locked in the cage with Lodinkinni. Lodinkinni is currently tied for fourth for most wins inside Checkmate with (4) and is also tied for fourth for most KO/TKO wins in Checkmate with (4). With a 100% finishing rate and coming off the biggest win to date, Lodinkinni looks to take out another high-level fighter and brake a 6 fight win streak.

It's also worth noting that Alexander's manager has informed us that he was seen quote "partying all night" the very night before this big fight and provided this photo for proof. They are concerned that he might take a hit in his conditioning due to this, if he even shows up at all!

Pics-Art-07-22-08-36-16.jpg
(Photo Creds - wayne95)
20200605_012938.jpg
  • Upvote 1

Pics-Art-07-22-08-36-16.jpg

Zane Alexander was spotted partying all night before his fight. We really hope hope it doesn't affect his conditioning. And we really hope he will show up in the fight.

John Wayne

Manager

Thank you for letting us know, we have been trying to get up with him, guess he must be passed out somewhere. Hope he sobers up before fight day! (also that photo is awesome lol!)

- Checkmate Championship 5 Preview -

Logopit_1595573205596.jpg?width=329&heig

Main Event

In our MAIN EVENT OF THE NIGHTTT we will see © Chief "Crazy" Aztec (10-0)(8-0 in CC) look to defend his belt for the third time against rising star #5 Volodymyr "The Truth" Pravda (4-1)(2-0 in CC) who will stop at nothing to get his hand raised!

My my my, another Chief "Crazy" Aztec writeup, what can I say? At this point, if you don't know that this man is one the most dangerous, feared, talented, dominant, and might I even add unstoppable fighters to ever step not just in the Checkmate cage but into any 355K org's cage then you might be living under a rock with Patrick the starfish. Aztec had been with Checkmate now for 8 fights and has crushed every single man we have put in front of him, let's take a look at them and see if anyone has come close to besting the champ. Craig Jordan who was 2-0 at the time? 1st round TKO. Manny Rodriguez Lopez Cortez who was 1-0? a KOTN finish in the first round by superman punch. Carlos Villarreal who was 2-0? KOTN finish in just 25 seconds. Magnus V Karlson who was 3-2? Second-round KO. Connor MacLeod who was 4-1? A Knockout in just 18 seconds. Then a rematch for the title against Carlos Villarreal when he was 5-1 who has now proven to be one of the best in the division and is currently ranked #1 in Lightweight and will be challenging Magnificent Chulalongkorn for the Featherweight belt soon? First-round TKO for Aztec. Then in his first title defense, he took on Simon Busch who was a perfect 4-0 AND the 155 champion of Conquest and is currently ranked #2? First-round KO. then in his last outing for his second defense, he took on current #3 ranked Yut Han who was also a perfect 4-0, until he met Aztec. First-round TKO in 46 seconds. Not to mention he also has the most wins in Checkmate as well as most TKO/KO wins in Checkmate as well as tied for the most fights in Checkmate. So now, who do you think can stop him?

Well, I think I might know a guy that has shown he might have what it takes...

We know about Volodymyr "The Truth" Pravda present, but do we know about his past? "The terror of Third Rome. One moment a hapless counter revolutionary breathes in the brisk Moscow winter, feels the snow crunch beneath his feet. When he comes to, he finds himself in the basement of the Lubyanka, bleeding into a bucket and, squinting out of two swollen eyes, discerns the broad jaw and dreamy curls of Pravda before him. There is no escaping the truth." is a short story you might hear about Pravda. Although we do not have any more details on what happened of the night of that story, one thing is for sure, if I saw Pravda walking down a dark alley at night, I would make sure to take a different route. With that aside let's get down to Pravda's current task which is to do the unthinkable and take down one of the greatest if not the greatest 355K lightweights of all time, what ground does he have to stand on to even challenge the champion you might ask? How about a win over AWC runner up Diego Diaz? or the fact he finished Magnus V Karlson a round faster than Aztec did? or a win over long time Checkmate vet and current #7 ranked Bastian Berzerker? You get what I am saying, so get your popcorn and get ready for a ride because this fight is gonna be one you don't wanna miss!

Co-Main Event

In our Co-Main Event of the night, the welterweight title will be on the line when we see two high-level fighters scrap in © Joad Cressbeckler (5-0)(1-0 in CC) vs #2 Juan Christiano (4-1)(2-0 in CC)

Undefeated champ Cressbeckler is coming off his title win in his last bout where he defeated the former undefeated contender Ispa Perkele for the inaugural 170-pound belt for Checkmate via Unanimous Decision and won every single round on the judge's scorecard. Not only did he win the title, that bout was also for the finale of the "Hunting Gold" tournament for Checkmate. Being a champion is nothing new for Cressbeckler as he was also the welterweight champ in Conquest before the merge with Checkmate, he won that belt by taking out the former Conquest champ and current #3 ranked Chekmate contender NoBrain Mentally by way of submission due to strikes in the second round. The champ will now step into the Checkmate cage for just the second time in what he will hope to be his first successful defense.

But in order to complete that thought, he would need to get past a contender riding a 3 fight win streak, and that man is...

Juan Christiano! Who is a perfect 2-0 inside the Checkmate cage both by way of TKO against 2 current ranked contenders in #9 ranked Exeudo Oni and #10 ranked Nick Gracie. He also has a win over current #8 ranked contender Logan Barrengarry outside of Checkmate in which he won that bout by way of Unanimous Decision. With wins over some big names, Christiano will look to bring that experience with him as he tries to not only take away the champ's belt but also his perfect record with it and become the new Checkmate welterweight champ! Some have also said that Juan can light up a room just by walking in, but he doesn't care as he says he just wants to light up his opponents which is something he will need to do and do often if he wants to take the champ's belt away from him!

Main Card

265 - #6 Crusty Bigg "Bang" (4-1)(1-1 in CC) vs Yuhsuck Mi (6-1)(0-0 in CC)

As if the Checkmate Heavyweight division couldn't get any deeper we have highly talented boxer newcomer who has a near-perfect record at 6-1 and will be looking to make a big splash in the heavyweight division by taking on a former Checkmate title challenger who also has some exceptional Muay Thai skills to bring with him in the cage as well of the experience of being locked in the octagon with some of the best to ever do it!

This bout will be both fighters first fight with their new managers and I am very excited to see how this one goes!

155 - #2 Simon Busch (4-1)(0-1 in CC) vs Stevie Kidd (3-1)(0-0 in CC)

Next up we will all be in for a treat when we see the return of former Conquest champion and former Checkmate title challenger, Simon Busch who will be looking to make a statement in this fight and send a message to the division that he is gonna be a big problem for anyone in front of him.

His opponent however wants to make sure that doesn't happen. Stevie Kidd is also coming off his first loss in pro-MMA where he lost by a split dec that some say should've gone his way and will be looking to not just take a win but also a ranking.

170 - #4 Tyson Law "Enforcer" (5-1)(2-0 in CC) vs #6 Jake "Full" Mount (4-0)(1-0 in CC)

Kicking off the main card we have a fight that I can not wait to see how it plays out, we have #4 ranked Tyson Law "Enforcer" who is coming off 2 back to back submission victories and his most recent being an SOTN bonus. Taking on the undefeated striker with some submission of his own #6 ranked Jake "Full" Mount who also scored an SOTN win in his last outing.

Undercard

205 - Zhang Wu (3-2)(0-1 in CC) vs Lucius "Flo" Seneca (2-1)(0-0 in CC)

Although Zhang lost his debut to current ranked #6 Jonty Egburt I honestly have a feeling Zhang can make it far in the division and now with having the experience of fighting a top-ranked opponent I think Zhang can showcase his skills in this fight.

But standing in his way in someone else I also believe can make it far and that is...

Lucius "Flo" Seneca, with his well-rounded skill set I think he can really be a problem for anyone in the L-HW division but first, he must make good on his Checkmate debut against a fellow well-rounded fighter.

185 - #9 Roku "Six" Takenaka (4-4)(0-1 in CC) vs #10 Mitch Malone (1-0)(1-0 in CC)

Both ranked in the Checkmate Middleweight division, one an experienced fighter looking to retain his rank and one up and comer who wants to keep climbing the ladder, who will prevail?

265 - Karol "The Saw" Makowski (3-4-1)(0-0 in CC) vs Adam "Leaky Pencil Neck" Schiff (1-0)(0-0 in CC)

Both of these fighters are making their Checkmate debuts and what better way to kick start your promotional debut than with a big finish?

185 - Obama "The Chinese" Filth (1-0)(0-0 in CC) vs Keaton Baldwin (0-1)(0-0 in CC)

Filth has a great manager behind him and has what it takes to climb the rankings quickly, can Baldwin and his manager slay the dragon before it breathes its fiery fury?

145 - Abunazir "AR" Kindzal (4-6)(0-1 in CC) vs Jan "Janko" Kowalski (4-3)(0-1 in CC)

These two will look to start the card off with a bang and also pick up their first win inside Checkmate while doing it!

20200605_012938.jpg

• Upvote 5

- Checkmate Contenders 5 Preview -

Logopit_1596190488267.jpg?width=329&heig

Unranked Bouts

265 - Hollywood Hitter (2-4)(2-4 in CC) vs Maris "Rukis" Lakis (2-2)(0-0 in CC)

Hitter was apart of our very first event and has had a rocky career since but will look to upset newcomer Lakis.

Lakis will look to make good on his Checkmate debut by taking out a tough vet!

205 - Henry Pallero (2-2)(1-2 in CC) vs Gilberto Silva (4-4)(1-0 in CC)

Both of these fighters have faced some very tough talented fighters early in their careers, but now both of them will look to display their new skills and increase their winning streak to 2!

145 - Pull "Antt" Plugger (3-2)(1-1 in CC) vs Yair "El Pantera" Rodriguez (4-2)(0-0 in CC)

Pull "Antt" Plugger was apart of the very first Featherweight bout here at Checkmate and we have been keeping an eye on him ever since, but now he will share that spotlight with a newcomer that we have also kept an eye on with Yair "El Pantera" Rodriguez and he will try to make his debut one to remember!

Both fighters are coming off a win but can increase their winning ways??

Ranked Bouts

170 - #9 Exeudo "The Frightmare" Oni (6-4)(4-2) vs #10 Nick "Killer" Gracie (2-1)(0-1 in CC)

Two ranked welterweights that will look to take the show by storm!

Oni is riding a 2 fight win streak in what looks like the start to the rise of his career and look to keep adding to the win column in this bout!

Gracie is coming off his first and only loss in pro-MMA and now will look to avenge his name and possibly pull off another high-level submission that will do his last name proud?

OH! and rumor is, the winner gets a spot in the upcoming 170 tournament!

145 - #5 Charles Manson (4-2)(0-1 in CC) vs Ripper Stallone (2-1)(1-0 in CC)

Manson is currently on a 2 fight skid against some very stiff competition, including the champ! But now with a new manager, the Brazilian jiu-jitsu brown belt will look to be on the lookout for another submission and get back in the winner's circle and get his name back into the heads of the top-ranked Featherweights of Checkmate and send shock waves throughout the division!

Stallone made good on his debut back at Checkmate Contenders 3 against Chevvy Bridges where he picked up his second submission victory, however, although both wins have been by way of submission I think he will need to use his stand to get the victory over Manson, or maybe he proves me wrong. He also is a full-time student at The Ohio State University, so he has a full schedule!

155 - #8 Manja "Picassso" Sha (4-2)(1-1 in CC) vs #9 Paulo Correia (4-0)(1-0 in CC)

With the champ Chief "Crazy" Aztec having defending his throne at Checkmate Championship 5, a look for a worthy contender to challenge him has started once again and the winner of bout could very well get one step closer to getting in that title picture, and I must say I am very excited to see these two contenders face off!

Sha is coming off a first-round TKO win back at Checkmate Contenders 4 against Carlos Rogan, in fact, all of his wins have come by way of first-round TKO/KO and now he will be looking to add another to his list of victims! Sha has only had two fights with Checkmate but he has shown great promise in those two bouts and I can't wait to see him back in there!

His opponent is also a contender I can't wait to see back in action, hard-hitting up and coming Lightweight from Brazil, Paulo Correia! he is a perfect 4-0 in pro-MMA and made good on his Checkmate debut by taking out Kyosti Pietilainen by first-round TKO and scored a ranking beside his name during the process! Like his opponent, Paulo also has a 100% first-round finishing rate, so that means you wanna make sure to keep your eyes open when these gentlemen get locked in the cage because it could over at any time!

185 - #6 Ispa Murska (3-2)(1-1 in CC) vs #8 Bhishma Chontamenti (2-2)(1-0 in CC)

Murska has shown some serious promise to be a top contender in the division with his well-rounded superman like stats, however like superman, Murska seems to have his kryptonite weakness as well, and that would be #2 ranked First Name, as both of his losses have come by him, however now Murska has a new manager and is currently 1-0 with him and I think that they have been doing some extreme human testing to make him an even better of a fighter, but you didn't hear that from me!

Chontamenti has also fallen to #2 ranked First Name, but has since turned it around and picked up a win back at his Checkmate debut on Checkmate Contenders 3 where he scored a first-round TKO win against vet Abayomrunkoje Oni, and now Chontamenti will look to display his own well-rounded skills and will look to derail the Murska hype train before it even starts!

Both fighters have great well-rounded skills and that should make for a great fight!

170 - #3 Ispa Perkele (5-1)(1-1 in CC) vs #4 NoBrain Mentally (5-1)(1-0 in CC)

Sheesh, this card just keeps pouring out talented fighters with each fight, but hey I am not complaining! Now we will see two of the very best in the division fight for not only just a win but also a spot for the upcoming 170 tournament!

Perkele is coming off his first and only taste of defeat in pro-MMA when he fought former champ Joad Cressbeckler for the inaugural Checkmate Welterweight Championship, he came up short in that bout but before that fight, he was riding a perfect 5 fight win streak and a 100% finish rate and one of those wins was for the Medieval Combat 170 belt!

Mentally is coming off the biggest win of his career with his new manager when he defeated current #5 ranked Trey Wittman by way of TKO in the second round! His one and only loss has also come to Joad Cressbeckler but he has since bounced back from that loss and I think now he is a new mean fighting machine and will look to continue his winning ways!

...Just in case you missed it above, the winner gets a spot in the upcoming 170 tournament ; ) !

Now for our Co-Main Event, we will see a Light-Heavyweight bout with some serious contendership when we see two undefeated prospects #6 Jonty Egburt (3-0)(1-0 in CC) take on a newcomer with something to prove, Ivan "Bricks" Kalcevski (7-0)(0-0 in CC)

#6 ranked L-HW contender Jonty Egburt will be stepping back into the Checkmate cage for the second time in this bout. He made good on his debut by taking out Zhang Wu (3-1 at the time) by way of KO in the second round, but that victory was not easy as many say he lost the first round of that fight, but none the less he got back up and got the finish which makes for a very impressive debut and deserves a chance for a big fight, and that is exactly what he got!

The man that will be across his will be an undefeated newcomer who wants nothing more than to have his face on every TV screen around the world as they all watch his highlight reel finish, and his name is Ivan "Bricks" Kalcevski (7-0)(0-0 in CC)! Kalcevski is currently on a very impressive 7 fight win streak, his most recent win being a 1st round TKO finish over talented Trump TwentyTwenty (2-0 at the time). He will now be looking to pick up the biggest win in his career as well as make good on his Checkmate debut!

INNN OURRR MAIINNNN EVENNTTT of the night we will see a man who fought for the inaugural 265 belt #3 ranked Brian Snow (9-2)(4-2 in CC) take on returning #8 Tank Abbott Tribute (5-0)(1-0 in CC) This fight is huge for the Heavyweight division, and don't blink because both men have some serious power in their hands!

#3 ranked Brian is a true vet here at Checkmate and has been with us for a long time, and is currently tied for the 4th most KO finishes in Checkmate with (4) and with that experience he has grown very wise to the game, in fact, he recently took part in a documentary about MMA and they asked for him specifically because of his expert opinions! And! He got his face put on TVs nationwide, but being in the spotlight is nothing new for the Mongolia native as he has been the Main Event/Co-Main event quite a lot in his career (8 times to be exact)! He is currently riding a 2 fight win streak over some high-level fighters in Test Run (8-1 at the time) which he finished in the first round by TKO, and Jeshwua Gentry (4-1 at the time) which he also finished in the first round but this time by KO. Both of his recent wins were KOTN performances, and he will look to grab that extra cash once again against an undefeated fighter that is looking to take his ranking, but Snow will be looking to truly show his experience and show the young fighter what it feels like to get his 0 taken away.

But to do that he must get through a fighter that is returning to Checkmate after making his pro-MMA debut and then fought 4 fights with various other great orgs but now he will be stepping back into the Checkmate cage and against a staple of the division.

Tank Abbott Tribute currently holds a perfect 5-0 record and he will now be looking to make it a perfect 6-0 by taking out a huge name in Checkmate. Tank was apart of our second ever event back at Checkmate Fight Night 2 back on 02-01-20 where he picked up a superman KO finish against Rendi Kurton. Since then he has been busy outside the Checkmate cage by picking up 3 wins by way of KO (2 in the first round!) and his most recent win was by a special 3 minute 1 round bout where he won on the judge's scorecard 10:9. Most of you might know who Tank Abbott is but just in case you don't let me show you one of his short stories I found on his wiki page. "Abbott was mainly known for the many street fights that he has engaged in, rarely losing. While working at a liquor store to help pay for his college tuition, Abbott encountered a "smart-ass" customer. Abbott beat the customer severely, and the customer, who turned out to be a son of a detective, pressed charges for assault. Abbott was sentenced to six months in jail, the judge saying "Mr. Abbott, you are a maniac. I'm surprised you haven't killed somebody." (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Abbott ) although some people might know him from his street fighting days, he does his best work inside the cage and that is exactly what Tank Abbott Tribute will be looking to display in his bout with Snow.

20200605_012938.jpg

• Upvote 3