Checkmate Championship

Neondragon

- Checkmate Fight Night 11 Spotlight Preview! -

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1600150015ezgif.com-resize%20%287%29.gif

Light-Heavyweight Main Event
In our highly anticipated MAIIINNNNN EVENNTTTTT of the evening, we will see soaring contender #4 ranked Zane Alexander (8-2)(2-1 in CC) take on the undefeated prospect #9 ranked Bjorn Akerfeldt (2-0)(1-0 in CC)
You might see Zane "The Bedtime Story" Alexander walking down the street enjoying some times with his fans, or lifting an insane amount of weight, or eating a kilo of raw meat or maybe you saw him shatter the rim in last weeks game, but whatever you see him doing, he is always giving it 110%, and that doesn't change when he steps into the cage, Zane has won 8 out of his 10 pro MMA fights, 5 being by way of TKO/KO. Zane made his Checkmate debut in great fashion by picking up a unanimous decision win over Choctaw Bloode, he then stepped into the cage against now #2 ranked ORvar Odd Lodinkinni, where he was stopped in the first round, however, he has bounced back since that loss picking up another unanimous decision this time over current #5 ranked Bobby Bryant. Now Zane will be looking to make it 2 in a row and hand Bjorn his first loss in pro-MMA.
The man he will be facing is an undefeated fighter who has not just defeated men, but also beasts. Bjorn Akerfeldt is a perfect 2-0 inside pro MMA but has said he has also had a bout in IHAFL (International Human-Animal Fight League) against their champion Grizzly Adamsonovich in preparation for this bout, and even though his opponent had superior grappling abilities Bjorn was able to score a TKO in the second round, he was asked to comment on that bout as well as his bout with Zane and he said "Zane is a beast with superior wrestling and eating kilos of raw meat, so I thought to myself 'Bjorn, who wrestles the best and eats raw meat, then I remembered my own name, that's right, bears" but they're out of season back in Sweden so I was prepped to spar the rest of Team Lundgren til the call came through to go to Siberia and fight their reigning champ. He was really strong! but luckily I was able to get the upper-hand and think I've got a good insight into my coming fight now." So if what we have been told is true he should be more then ready for this bout against Zane, however, lets put that aside and talk about his human x human fighting experience. Bjorn has only had 2 pro-MMA fights but he has won both dominantly in the first round by way of submission, one of which being back at Checkmate Fight Night 10 (08-12) where he defeated Tarmo Rajantaka via Kimura to earn a SOTN bonus!
Bjorn Akerfeldt called for this fight against Zane back in August and his wish was granted and both fighters have acknowledged the skills that the other has, and Zane has even said he is "not confident with this one." but one thing I am confident with saying is, this one will be a war and possible FOTN candidate!
Welterweight Co-Main Event
In our Co-Main event, we will see former champ and now #2 ranked Joad Cressbeckler (6-1)(2-1 in CC) take on rising contender #8 Exeudo Oni (8-5)(6-3 in CC)
Former Checkmate & Conquest champ Joad Cressbeckler is coming off a big win in a rematch against #6 ranked fighter NoBrain Mentally back at Checkmate Championship 8 where he won by KO in the second round, Joad is now looking to take out yet another top contender to work his way back to the title he once held.
Across from him will be #8 ranked Exeudo Oni who will be looking to pick up the biggest win in his career to date. Oni has been with Checkmate ever since Checkmate Fight Night 2 and has faced some of the best talent and biggest names to ever do it! He has won 4 out of his last 5 and will look to take out the former champ and put the rest of the division on notice.
Both of these men are making a quick turnaround for this bout, both fought on Checkmate Championship 8 just over a week and some change ago, both were victorious in their bouts and took virtually no damage so when Checkmate called them up needing another big fight they were both down to scrap in the Co-Main Event slot!
The rest of the main card also has some stacked bouts you don't wanna miss!
(145) - #7 Charles Manson (5-3)(1-2 in CC) vs Lonnie Donegan (3-1)(0-1 in CC)
(265) - #8 Crusty Bigg (5-2)(2-2 in CC) vs #9 Jingky Bacolod (5-2)(1-2 in CC)
(185) - #2 Shawn Michaels (8-1)(2-0 in CC) vs Ryan The Son Of God (7-5)(0-0 in CC)
Featured Lightweight Prelim
(155) - #9 Carlos Rogan (3-3)(2-3 in CC) vs #10 Jamal Jameson (3-1-1)(1-1 in CC)
Prelims
(185) - Tony Dentist (3-4)(2-2 in CC) vs Karl Beilstein (4-5)(1-1 in CC)
(185) - Abayomrunkoje Oni (4-5)(3-3 in CC) vs Edward Folayang (2-2)(0-1 in CC)
(155) - Danny Donegal (2-5)(0-4 in CC) vs Manco Capac (2-3)(0-2 in CC)
(185) - Keaton Baldwin (0-2)(0-1 in CC) vs Fightertwo For Money (5-4)(0-0 in CC)
20200605_012938.jpg
  • Upvote 3

Bjorn Akerfeldt: Congrats to my opponent tonight, he's a really tough competitor and we were cut short, I feel by round 3 I was just getting into my stride and the fight was over. But Oh well, can't wait for the rematch! If Zane's interested I know Mattias would put a 250k incentive for an immediate rematch with 5 rounds.

• Upvote 2

Pics-Art-09-17-02-36-08.jpg

Post fight interview with Zane:

Reporter: Zane congrats on the fight. You really did well in round 1 and 2 dominating in the ground. Bjorn recently release a statement that he is eager to get a rematch and offered 250k for an immediate rematch. What do you think about that?

Zane: I mean no disrespect to Bjorn he is a very good fighter but a rematch is not the priority of our camp this time. Cause me and my manager feel we're now a contender for the title. We did not sign up to this org for money, we joined CHECKMATE for that Championship belt currently Blake owns.

• Upvote 1

Bjorn Akerfeldt: Congrats to my opponent tonight, he's a really tough competitor and we were cut short, I feel by round 3 I was just getting into my stride and the fight was over. But Oh well, can't wait for the rematch! If Zane's interested I know Mattias would put a 250k incentive for an immediate rematch with 5 rounds.

Ohhh putting his money where his mouth is! I would love to see that rematch in the future, both of you keep winning and i'm sure you two will cross paths again!

Ohhh putting his money where his mouth is! I would love to see that rematch in the future, both of you keep winning and i'm sure you two will cross paths again!

Pics-Art-09-17-02-36-08.jpg

Post fight interview with Zane:

Reporter: Zane congrats on the fight. You really did well in round 1 and 2 dominating in the ground. Bjorn recently release a statement that he is eager to get a rematch and offered 250k for an immediate rematch. What do you think about that?

Zane: I mean no disrespect to Bjorn he is a very good fighter but a rematch is not the priority of our camp this time. Cause me and my manager feel we're now a contender for the title. We did not sign up to this org for money, we joined CHECKMATE for that Championship belt currently Blake owns.

It was a great fight! I agree Zane is getting very close to that title shot, there are some big fights in the division coming as well as some top contenders waiting for a fight, so we will have to wait to see how everything plays out, but keep that phone close by cause you never know what could happen in the fight game! :shades:

It was a great fight! I agree Zane is getting very close to that title shot, there are some big fights in the division coming as well as some top contenders waiting for a fight, so we will have to wait to see how everything plays out, but keep that phone close by cause you never know what could happen in the fight game! :shades:

Pics-Art-09-19-02-51-37.jpg

You got it wes. We'll be waiting.

• Upvote 1

- Checkmate Knight Battle Finale Preview -

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1600464022ezgif.com-resize%20%288%29.gif

First I wanna talk about our special 5 round finale of Checkmate's Knight Battle tournament, we will two absolute beasts battle when #3 Logan Barrengarry (5-1)(4-0 in CC) takes on #4 Potemkin Izmaylov (4-0)(4-0 in CC) to see who will walk out the Knight Battle Champion!
#3 Logan Barrengarry is currently riding a 5 fight win streak since losing his Pro-MMA debut to the former champ and current #10 P4P fighter Juan Christiano, but since then he has taken down some big names inside Checkmate, his last 2 wins being in the Checkmate Knight Battle bracket, let's take a look at how they went. In his first-round bout he took out Patrick O'Malley by 30:27x3 unanimous decision, he then advanced to the second round where he faced the always dangerous Ispa Perkele, they both gave it everything they had but in the end, it was Logan who walked out with another 30:27x3 unanimous decision, and also earning the Fight Of The Night bonus. Logan has also been known to enjoy a wide variety of hobbies which include competing in lumberjack competitions and he also does some modeling on the side for some extra cash, He has even been known to have dabbled in tattoo art and has an extensive record collection. He will tattoo your skin and also your face in the cage, which is where he does his best work out of all his hobbies and will look to put all of it on display when he takes on Potemkin Izmaylov for the finale of Knight Battle.
Although he will not be giving out any tattoos, he might give you a couple of scars, Potemkin Izmaylov is a flawless 4-0 in his pro career as well as in Checkmate where he has spent his whole career fighting. Izmaylov won his first-round bout against Pedro Vela by stopping him in the very first round by way of TKO, he then went on to take out highly respected Trey Wittman with a Knockout Of The Night finish in the first round. The 21-year-old Russia Native Izmaylov was the only undefeated fighter in the Knight Battle bracket and was also had the least amount of fights compared to all the other competitors, he started the tournament being ranked #10 at the very start of it and has since remained undefeated and climbed all the way up to #4 in the division, and has taken out fighters with double or more of experience in each round, and he will need to use all of the knowledge he has gained to take out the opponent in front of him in #3 Logan Barrengarry.
We will also get to see a heavyweight matchup all the fans have been waiting to see when #4 Jon Nolan (9-2)(7-2 in CC)(FC¹) takes on #6 Brian Snow (9-3)(4-3 in CC) in a rematch fans will not forget!
Winner of Checkmate's very first tournament series called "Checkmate: The Crowning" Jon Nolan took out the very man he will be facing again tonight in the finale to claim that title as well as the throne of the 265 division, he then went on to successfully defend his belt once against Crusty Bigg who we just saw pick up a big win at our last event. Nolan is tied for the second most fights in Checkmate history with (9) and is tied for second for most wins and KO wins in Checkmate with (7). Nolan is currently on a 2 fight losing streak and wants to get back into the win column by doing what he has already done once before and that is to take out Snow, which is never an easy task.
Across from him is of course The Crowning Finalist and #6 Brian Snow. Snow is like his opponent, a very well known name to Checkmate, he has had 7 fights with Checkmate and has been able to keep a positive record in the deepest division of Checkmate, with wins over Sergi Hardenov who was 2-0 at the time, Peter Schumacher who was 5-3 at the time, Test Run who was 8-1 at the time and Jeshwua Gentry who was 4-1 at the time. Snow has taken on and beaten some of the very best and has only lost to current or former World Champions or Title Challengers. This heavy-handed heavyweight has never seen the judges scorecard and has finished all 9 of his wins by way of TKO/KO.
Both of these men have been with Checkmate since very early on and have put on some of the best fights we have seen, and this one will be no different, both of them want this win over everything!
We will also get to see a ranked welterweight bout when we see #5 Ispa Perkele (7-2)(3-2 in CC) vs #7 Trey Wittman (6-3)(3-2 in CC)
Two of the very best in the division will face off to see who will come out an even more feared contender, both men were apart of Checkmate Knight Battle, and Ispa was a finalist for Checkmate's Hunting Gold tournament.
(205) - #1 "Lord" Lukasz Wieczorek (6-2)(5-1 in CC)(FC) vs #2 Orvar Odd Lodinkinni (5-2)(5-2 in CC)
Former champ and P4P ranked #8 ranked Wieczorek will take on the #2 contender Lodinkinni who was starting to look unstoppable before falling to the champ.
(265) - #7 Adam "Leaky Pencil Neck" Schiff (3-0)(2-0 in CC) vs #10 "Dead Hard" David King (6-4)(1-0 in CC)
A big heavyweight bout between two ranked heavyweights that want to climb the ladder, Adam beat David in their first meeting, can David learn from his mistakes and get it back?
(205) - #6 Bobby Bryant (6-2)(1-2 in CC) vs #8 Mason "Mushaboom" Edwards (8-2)(2-2 in CC)
Both men have had some tough against the very top contenders but now are looking for a big win in the Light-Heavyweight division.
(145) - #10 Yair "El Pantera" Rodriguez (5-2)(1-0 in CC) vs Ieuan "Chunky" Thomas (4-3)(2-1 in CC)
Newly ranked Rodriguez will look to defend his spot against up and comer Thomas.
(170) - Jeff Roberts (5-2)(1-1 in CC) vs Ivan Jomoney (2-2)(0-1 in CC)
Roberts is coming off his first win with Checkmate and wants to increase it to 2. Jomoney is coming off a loss to Alex Steel Ii but will look to get back to the winner's circle with a dominant performance.
(145) - #6 Anderson "Senna" Beach Boy (4-3)(2-1 in CC) vs #9 Nou Hematopoye (2-0)(2-0 in CC)
Two ranked featherweights who want to prove to the division why they should be on the lookout for them.
(145) - #8 Crotch Chewer (1-1)(1-0 in CC) vs Dechlan "Slick" Tomsett (4-5)(1-2 in CC)
Kicking off the card with #8 ranked Crotch Chewer who is coming off a big win against Sammie Conner takes on Dechlan "Slick" Tomsett who has faced some of the very best in the division.
20200605_012938.jpg
  • Upvote 3

Ieuan Thomas: Big congratulations to my opponent Yair Rodriguez, damn! We put on a grappling clinic, two of the best grapplers MMA has to offer put into a cage together. Im more than happy to walk away with the W tonight. Now that we got the humble side out of the way.

Rikuto Ryuunosuke, I will be seeing you very soon and I am going to end you my friend! Big whoop you got a submission win over my teammate Dechlan Tomsett, trust me Ive submitted him one hand in sparring many a time! Im going to break you! And after you I want to avenge Decs other loss to that b***h Crotch Chewer! Im going to own this division!

• Upvote 1

Dechlan Tomsett: Chin up Yair Rodrigues, you just lost to the second best fighter from my stable. Now you can solidify your status as one of the proud journey men of the division by fighting me! Think about it, we were both once ranked, both knocked out of that top 10 status by up and comers! Both coming off losses! If that fight cant be made right this minute then feed me that sad sack Walter Sobchak or evening that useless Abuzunair Kindzal!

In summary if I cant get the Yair Rodrigues fight then lets keep me from going rusty by feeding me Walter Sobchak or Abuzanair Kindzal, Im ready to go! Any time any place!

• Upvote 1

Ieuan Thomas: Big congratulations to my opponent Yair Rodriguez, damn! We put on a grappling clinic, two of the best grapplers MMA has to offer put into a cage together. Im more than happy to walk away with the W tonight. Now that we got the humble side out of the way.

Rikuto Ryuunosuke, I will be seeing you very soon and I am going to end you my friend! Big whoop you got a submission win over my teammate Dechlan Tomsett, trust me Ive submitted him one hand in sparring many a time! Im going to break you! And after you I want to avenge Decs other loss to that b***h Crotch Chewer! Im going to own this division!

That fight was a grappling showcase for sure! Excited for his fight against Ryuunosuke and I like the possible future matchup with Chewer too!

Dechlan Tomsett: Chin up Yair Rodrigues, you just lost to the second best fighter from my stable. Now you can solidify your status as one of the proud journey men of the division by fighting me! Think about it, we were both once ranked, both knocked out of that top 10 status by up and comers! Both coming off losses! If that fight cant be made right this minute then feed me that sad sack Walter Sobchak or evening that useless Abuzunair Kindzal!

In summary if I cant get the Yair Rodrigues fight then lets keep me from going rusty by feeding me Walter Sobchak or Abuzanair Kindzal, Im ready to go! Any time any place!

Love the call out! Most of the 145 division is booked up right now until the event this Saturday, but then I will get Dechlan an offer sent out ASAP! :training2:

- New Poll! -

Hello everyone! When I was making the most recent updated rankings I had an idea, but I wanted to hear FROM YOU before I made it official!

ok so the idea is to give the champs more credit in the rankings by putting their avatar along with the checkmate belt in the background for the rankings, almost as if they are looking over the division watching the contenders grow, and for the contenders it gives them a sight for the future, so you can look forward to punching that face behind the rankings and get your own face on it for others to want to punch. lol.

Here are some examples of what I am talking about.

Logopit_1601078703095.jpgLogopit_1601077967348.jpgLogopit_1601078841679.jpg?width=451&heig

So let me know what you think by voting in the poll! If you like the "old" classic rankings with just the checkered background like in the post right before this one, vote for old! If you like the idea and example of the "new" rankings let me know by voting for new!

I will probably leave the poll up just for a few days or until the next rankings update, so make sure you get your vote in early! Looking forward to seeing the results!

(EDIT) : Results! - Sticking with the classics!

• Upvote 2

- Checkmate Championship 10 Spotlight Preview -

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1601063258ezgif.com-resize%20%2810%29.gif

In our MAIN EVENNTTT OF THE NIGHT, we will see The One, The Only, P4P #1 greatest and Lightweight Champion Chief "Crazy" Aztec (12-0)(10-0 in CC) once again take on an undefeated prospect in #1 Greg "No Chance" Connor (4-0)(4-0 in CC) for the Lightweight belt!

Alright come on, honestly, if you don't know who Chief Aztec is by now then I don't know what you have been reading, but just in case you don't, let me try to give a list of his accomplishments without running of breath...(Or I guess without my fingers going numb since I'm typing lol!) Aztec is the Checkmate The Crowning 155 tournament champion, Has the most wins inside of Checkmate, Most KO/TKO wins inside Checkmate, He is the first fighter inside Checkmate to get 10 wins within the promotion, He is the Inaugural Lightweight champion and the only Inaugural champion that is still champion. He has the most title defenses of all champions, He has the longest active win streak, his opponents had a combined record of 35-6 at the time of their bouts with Aztec, He was also the first and currently the only fighter to be featured on Checkmate Championship's Newspaper (We will try to get more issues of the paper out soon!). He has only ever been to a second-round once and He also has an act to take undefeated fighters from the ranks of unbeaten and hand them their first loss, the list goes on, Aztec is truly a superstar in every aspect of the word.

However, across from him will be #1 ranked undefeated talent Greg Connor (4-0)(4-0 in CC) who will do everything to make sure that it will be Cheif who will be losing his 0 and walk out with that superstar status by getting his hand raised. Connor has spent his whole pro career with Checkmate and made very quick work in his first 3 outings where he finished Alain Njoku by KO in 0:20, Lloque Yupanqui by KO in 0:36, Steven Pelican by KO with a SUPERMAN PUNCH in 0:26 seconds. Then he faced Volodymyr Pravda where they had a war and a FOTN performance! Connor will also be stepping in the cage with the help of his top 35 manager in his corner. On paper, Connor looks like he will have a slight Muay Thai and Wrestling advantage, and both men have a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Connor has been fighting in Checkmate since before Aztec was the champ so he has had some time to study and analyze the champ and his nickname is "No Chance" and so far he has lived up to that nickname, but the question is, can he truly dominate the champion and take that 155-pound belt away from him and become just the second lightweight champion in Checkmate history?!?!?!

In our Co-Main event of the night, the Light-Heavyweight belt will be up for grabs when the champion and the #3 P4P greatest Blake Phoenix "Version 2.0" (6-0)(2-0 in CC) looks to defend his belt for the second time against a fighter that has also been perfect in his career so far in #2 Ivan "Bricks" Kalcevski (8-0)(1-0 in CC)

The champion, Phoenix is coming off a big win against current #3 ranked Orvar Odd Lodinkinni back at Checkmate Championship 7 by a 50:45x2, 50:46 Unanimous Decision, but facing and beating top talent is nothing new for the champ Phoenix, as he also has wins over the likes of P4P #4 and Featherweight champion Magnificent Chulalongkorn and Former Checkmate Light-Heavyweight champion and #8 P4P greatest and #1 for his division Lukasz Wieczorek, Blake beat both by Unanimous Decision. With the competition, he has faced and world-class well-rounded skillset, Phoenix looks to be a promising long time champion that contenders will fear.

One man that will have absolutely no fear however will be his opponent Ivan Kalcevski, who has a perfect record at 8-0 and has finished all 8 of his wins by way of TKO/KO, and 7 of those being in the first round. We last saw the 20-year-old Macedonia native in his Checkmate debut back at Checkmate Contenders 5 where he got a first-round TKO and took Jonty Egburt from the ranks of undefeated and proved he belonged under the bright lights of Checkmate, Although this will just be his second fight in Checkmate, this title shot is more than earned for the #2 ranked contender Kalcevski, with his Knockout power and likewise well-rounded skillset he will look to put it all on display and dethrone champ Phoenix "Version 2.0" who has not even lost a single round in his career.

Rest of the main card!

(265) - #2 Tank Abbott Tribute (6-1)(2-1 in CC) vs #3 Anton Gardner (6-3)(1-1 in CC)(FC)

(265) - #9 Augustin Cauchy (9-3)(1-1 in CC) vs Olusola "The Destroyer" Oni (6-5)(5-3 in CC)

(205) - #8 Hurricane Defoe (4-0)(4-0 in CC) vs #10 Choctaw Bloode (4-2)(1-2 in CC)

A list of our stacked prelims!

(205) - Willy "Coco" Mataitai (3-1)(0-1 in CC) vs Tarmo "TRT" Rajantaka (3-2)(0-1 in CC)

(265) - Joey Hernandez (4-4)(1-2 in CC) vs Bloodsport Unknown (3-4)(1-1 in CC)

(145) - Sammie Conner (2-1)(2-1 in CC) vs Pull "Antt" Plugger (4-3)(2-2 in CC)

(265) - Earnie Shavers (2-2)(1-2 in CC) vs Deontay DJ (2-4)(1-2 in CC)

(145) - Siete DiMaio (2-2)(1-2 in CC) vs Abunazir "AR" Kindzal (4-8)(0-3 in CC)

20200605_012938.jpg

• Upvote 3