YB Sol Lost!

What it boils down to is that Gonzalez is a beast, he had already proved that before this fight.

I hope to keep proving it too.

Congrats on the big win :)

Let's not take anything away from the win - the punches to the face are what got the W, far moreso than anything else! Can't say that the changes had no effect at all but the effects will have been felt just as much from being knocked down and punched generally, as any failed subs or takedowns.

I knew when the changes were announced that it would benefit Gonzo, but I didnt know how much. His record speaks for itseld though even before this fight. He is a KO artist and will continue to be, just watch out for when he starts going for the subs! :P

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to keep proving it too.

I knew when the changes were announced that it would benefit Gonzo, but I didnt know how much. His record speaks for itseld though even before this fight. He is a KO artist and will continue to be, just watch out for when he starts going for the subs! :P

I actually toned down KOs a bit (amongst other things) at the same time but didn't publicise that... So there were other changes made to balance it all out. The fight engine gets tweaked quite a lot but the sub/takedown issue was something that was so talked about that it needed a mention... Most likely though, if I hadn't posted about it, people wouldn't notice the difference :)

I'm sure the leg kicks had an effect on Sol's energy level as well....

Leg kicks have been underrated for a long time. I expect that to change now that low energy seems to matter a lil more.

it's actually weird logging in and NOT seeing YB listed in the top 10 fighters list lol

I am sure he will be back there soon enough. Lets just hope its not me who puts him there

I am sure he will be back there soon enough. Lets just hope its not me who puts him there

yeah, it shouldn't take long. i will say that the hype/pop boost that jesus got was crazy. has anyone hit 50% popularity yet? jesus is only a fight or 2 away from hitting 50%, and he's now the highest hyped fighter (and the only one over 250/1000) :notworthy:

So since the energy levels and takedowns/subs are "fixed". Can we PLEASE see multiple sliders now? And maybe a slight increase in starter points so people can actually balance their ground and standup without having to choose one or the other?

Congrats to the guy who beat sol!

super props to isidra and his fighter Gonzo!

YB is still one of a kind though and this loss doesnt take anything away from what he has accomplished already. hope he rebounds well and we see a rematch in the near future.

So since the energy levels and takedowns/subs are "fixed". Can we PLEASE see multiple sliders now?

And maybe a slight increase in starter points so people can actually balance their ground and standup without having to choose one or the other?

Multiple sliders for what?

We don't need more starting points, that's what training is for.

I can't believe no ones asked this yet...

WUTTUP ON ALL THAT MONEY YO?

How much money was getting thrown around like a month ago for YB Sol's head?

Haha true, there was a thread offering like 40,000 i think (from 3/4 different people, 1 wanted to sponsor the winner)

Sol's new contract pocketed him around 22,000 base pay

Props to Jesus. I was one of the people who thought YB should have waited for a more impressive opponent. Obviously I was proven wrong, but I can't wait to see a rematch.

I'm not ready to call Jesus the best fighter in the game yet. In my mind, four guys are at the top level: Jesus, YB, Barack Lesnar and Nintendo Takada. I can't differentiate them 1-4, those are just the four best. Everyone else is a step below.

Props to Jesus. I was one of the people who thought YB should have waited for a more impressive opponent. Obviously I was proven wrong, but I can't wait to see a rematch.

I think Jesus was impressive enough, but my opinion might be a little biased ;)

I'm not ready to call Jesus the best fighter in the game yet. In my mind, four guys are at the top level: Jesus, YB, Barack Lesnar and Nintendo Takada. I can't differentiate them 1-4, those are just the four best. Everyone else is a step below.

I dont think he is the best fighter either and I am his manager. He has just made the most of the opportunities he was given. He has some tough fights coming up though and now everyone will be gunning for him.

THis is a spectacular win for Jesus no question. It is the single most significant victory in Tycoon history to date IMO. It has to be. Knocking out the 14-0 king is that impressive.

But the great news is that the CFC has some other pretty prestigious guys in that weight class. Jacare Souza (who had a good fight with Gonzo back in their PRIDE days) and some up and comers. Plus, I've made it clear that when needed, I will bring in guys to get the top guys the top fights.

Oh yeah...and we'll see Sol vs Gonza II at some point.

THis is a spectacular win for Jesus no question. It is the single most significant victory in Tycoon history to date IMO. It has to be. Knocking out the 14-0 king is that impressive.

But the great news is that the CFC has some other pretty prestigious guys in that weight class. Jacare Souza (who had a good fight with Gonzo back in their PRIDE days) and some up and comers. Plus, I've made it clear that when needed, I will bring in guys to get the top guys the top fights.

Oh yeah...and we'll see Sol vs Gonza II at some point.

Bring on the challengers. :suicide_anim: