8 Limbs - kickboxing in Vegas!

Kregory

Hi guys!

I just got back into the game after a long break (about 8 years). I was very glad to see some of the changes I really wanted back before the break like kickboxing and grappling only events. I therefor decided to try out a kickboxing org in Vegas.

Recruiting has been going slower than it did last time so if you have a fighter or want to create a fighter I'd be happy to sign u up! I've recruited a few 155'ers so far but open to signing in all weight classes atm. Hoping to hold my first event as soon as I can fill a decent card

Best reg. Sam Fairtex

• Upvote 1

Welcome back to the game.

My advice would be to concentrate on only a few divisions. Maybe even just two semi open weight ones and just get everyone fighting as much as possible to build some kt superstars!

There's a few KT orbs at the moment so I think you will struggle if you try to build like a normal mma org.

Aye, I help run RAVEN KT and it's a new 360k KT org. Had 3 divisions doing a creation tournament atm, and 2 other's recruiting for a 7 fight season. There's a lot of competition already for me, so best of luck to you and I think RAVEN is going to only focus on the current divisions due to this.

I don't think RAVEN will be recruiting at 155 or 265 for a while and 265+ will only be for unrestricted open weight fights. I am not sure as to which divisions other newer KT orgs are recruiting in, but might be worth a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Really good those two orgs could be complementary

Could be indeed. Raven is a niche org. KT for starters, but outside of the 3 creation tournaments going on, Raven will only have seasons. There won't be normal divisions, only seasons that last 10 fights. (7 for season, 3 for playoffs).

So even if we do open up other divisions, it won't be recruiting the same fighters. This will be more geared towards those managers who want something a little different. Full season and tournament should last about 5-6 months. Then fighters can choose to leave or sign up for season 2.

So perhaps fighters from Raven can move over after the season if they do not wish to remain for season two, or fighters from elsewhere can come join the org for a single season to check it out. No long term obligations, just the season.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys :) Didn't expect to see any more replies for this thread, so sorry for my late reply!

Currently I'm doing 4 divisions: 135, 155, 170 and 265. The 135 div is id restricted (360k+) and is running a small tourney atm as well. I don't plan on expanding to other divisions yet, hard enough filling these :)

Hopefully we'll see a surge in players and we can all thrive. I think the game should have distinction between looking for a MMA/KT/Grappling contract. So much of the work is undone when sending out contracts to people who have no interest in KT, and that's even after doing a quick filter based on viewing the primary skills.

That's an interesting format in Raven btw. No difficulties in filling the ranks for each sesaon tho?