How to grow a fighter

Jo

I have a pretty good idea of how to play most of this game but for some reason I can't grow my fighters they never seem to improve when training. I have put the one I am really trying to build in a 1000 dallar a week gym with not many other fighters and he has the ability to learn quickly when I made him and he has not grown a point in any category. Any help would be appropriated

Checking the "fast learner" box doesnt mean he has a good learning speed, it just means he gets a +30 boost.

This means that if youe fighter rolled 0 for learning speed, now its 30 (still crap)

You should use the scripts available here at the forum to check for learning speed. Thats probably the main reason why your fighters wont evolve

Def sounds like you have a slow learner. Also, check the gym you're in. If it's 1k/wk and not many fighters, it could be that the gym has old equipment and/or is not clean. This can effect your fighters training and morale as well. So if you have low morale and are training at a gym with bad equipment, that could also explain the lack of training success.

Is this the fighter ? http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=359978

In that case, he is very young, about a month old. You might be underestimating how slowly the training works in general, even with fast learners.

Like others have said, he might be a slow learner. And since you aren't vip, you can't use the tools that allow to see a more detailed reports on training gains.

You are probably training skills that are already higher than Useless 1 or Abysmal 2. If you train a very low skill a few times, you'd see it go up one full "point". The higher the skill, the longer it'll take until you see it go up by a full number. You do know that the skills aren't actually between full numbers of 1 and 15, right ? They go from 1.95 to 150 in fractions of 0.05.

Also, low energy and low morale have a negative effect on training gains. You should try to keep both at near maximum at all times.

As the other guys have mentioned, my guess is that you have a particularly slow learner.

Do you know how to check learning speed? You can do this by downloading an addon, and there's also a manual method where you right click, inspect on Tycoon Assistant (Both need VIP, though). Let me know if you can't find it and ill link the thread for you.

My rule of thumb is that if a prospect is below 5.5 its not worth investing your time/money into (7.5 is the maximum).

I like to take 80% as bottom line for me, is there that edge to train only above 90%?

And for Jo, all the above is the go to, but you could also be mixing up a lot of stuff on the training and not evolving quickly, you need to focus on some aspect(s) to grow it faster after that you go for other ones but not many at the same time, if you go for this method and check the part that Bwang said at Assistant or even use the scripts, you should get a clear view of how it works and get the sensibility of what's fast and slow towards training.

I like to take 80% as bottom line for me, is there that edge to train only above 90%?

And for Jo, all the above is the go to, but you could also be mixing up a lot of stuff on the training and not evolving quickly, you need to focus on some aspect(s) to grow it faster after that you go for other ones but not many at the same time, if you go for this method and check the part that Bwang said at Assistant or even use the scripts, you should get a clear view of how it works and get the sensibility of what's fast and slow towards training.

Well, you get 100% back again with sunday rests. Pretty much sure 80-90% already has decrease compared to 100-90%

Only train 90%+. Ideally you train every session throughout the week and by sunday you're at 89-90% energy and back to 100% before Monday AM.