The amount of skill needed for a writing gig

Parriyah

Since I need a method of having a decent amount of income in this game (just came to the realisation I can't earn money for myself via QFC lol) I've gained interest in doing some writing, be it writing for fight events etc. Only problem is, I don't know the exact amount of writing skill necessary to be considered good enough and quite frankly I find my own writing to be a bit lackluster. For example I have some trouble making what I write lengthy as I run out of ideas on what to write. I wanted to ask y'all first before I go bothering company owners for a writing gig and then presenting them with a low quality (by my standards, at least) sample.

Dunno how much mentioning this is helpful but I got a 6.5 in my IELTS writing task.

Thanks in advance.

I also know making avatars is a good method but I can't use photoshop for the life of me.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't have to be lengthy, I'd rather read a shorter piece with better content. Writers are often in demand and I think you will do fine.

What's the usual length for writeups? All I've come across are pretty long.

Seems like everyone is looking for writers, you shouldn't have any difficulty finding people very happy to pay you for your services. Even if your writing is poor (which, judging by the coherence of your post, it does not appear to be), having something is better than nothing.

You can get more creative as you settle into your role. In the end, consistency and reliability are probably more important to owners than entertainment value.

If you try to go overboard, you will likely get burnt out (trust me, I know lol).

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Writing is cool and can be very lucrative, but I came to see that few people is using laundry to profit, which is very easy, quick and a good ammount of cash to be done weekly. Just open up a store, sell the whole stock, close it, when the cooldown resets in 7 days to do it again. It could be something around 600k monthly (with 15% fee which is fair for both client and owner), just have to look to the right people and do a good job and your stock will always have demand.

• Upvote 1

hardesy part is consistency, so if you got a good writer take good care of him/her.

awards season is coming and this year writer of the year as we as most org of the year awards (restricted and unrestricted) will basically come down to the quality of these professionals.

Absolutely, consistency is the hardest part about it.

As for the awards, the quality of the writing this year was truly overwhelming. Some really talented writers blessed the forum this year.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely, consistency is the hardest part about it.

As for the awards, the quality of the writing this year was truly overwhelming. Some really talented writers blessed the forum this year.

+1

Hoarse Whisperer raised the bar so much last year at Underground, since then a few great writers popped up and has been a true pleasure reading their work.

• Upvote 1