Affecting the Weight Cut Limit

Grimlock

I was creating a new Welterweight and I decided that his natural weight would be 182 lbs, figuring he's be able to cut to 170 lbs no problem. When I completed the fighter, his stats said he was able to cut down as low as 171.2 lbs, which is just over the 170.9 limit for Welterweight. This is a brand new fighter with 100% energy level, so he cannot rest anymore to make the cut.

If this fighter improves his conditioning, would he be able to make the 170.9 limit for welterweight?

If conditioning CAN make a difference, what types of exercises, affecting which attributes, would affect the weight cut limit?

And, is there anyway to find out how much weight your fighter can cut BEFORE finalizing the "Create Fighter" page?

I'm afraid that, in trying to create a Welterweight, I've made a fighter who'll have to fight as a small Middleweight. :unsure:

Thanks, in advance.

Grim

yeah when you create your fighter, click on the help-button in the right corner, their you got the different weightclasses!!

i have made all my fighters with no overweight, dont have to worry about cutting :)

Your guy will still make weight, he will just have to take a quick trip into the sauna. You can be up to an absolute max of 173 for a welterweight. Anything over 171 will mean a trip to the sauna though and the amount of extra weight he will cut will mean he loses a bit of in-fight energy.

In order to be able to cut more, increase his conditioning using circuit training. In order to be able to fight at welterweight, I'd probably train him in circuits for a week then rest him up so he recovers his energy.

In order to be able to cut more, increase his conditioning using circuit training. In order to be able to fight at welterweight, I'd probably train him in circuits for a week then rest him up so he recovers his energy.

Circuit Training, eh? I've opted for Cardio training instead of Circuit Training? Is one better than the other?

Yeah cardio would be better - I forget what all the types are sometimes :P

Circuits would be better if you have a shit hot trainer and not many other people training with him, especially considering you get benefits in the other areas too.

ahhhh i get it now ^_^

thanks mike tyke ^_^

Depends if he's on full energy. If he is then he can't cut any lower unless you improve his conditioning signifincantly. He can still fight at 170lbs though - at the lower levels of the game, if you're setting good tactics and have a balances fighter, weight shouldnt be too much of an issue.