Perhaps This Will Really Help Retain New Players...

DeadDisney

We've tried throwing Tycoon cash at them and that didn't work. We've tried the easily abused mentoring system, and that is failing as well. There'll always be those one or two guys in the forum who will cry out that the game is dying. (EVERYTHING dies lol)

But the one thing we haven't done is give them their own playground.

What about an org that caters exclusively to publicly trained fighters? I would gladly bankroll the org and I would gladly help run it. Give me your pros and cons. 

• Upvote 5

Sounds great. At the top end of the game it really gets down to a science of testing hiddens, long training times, the science of which stats to train. For new members or people who just don't have / want to put in the time, it means there's not a lot to do. An org like this would be brilliant as it just lets them enjoy fighting with their fighters, the whole point of the game.

• Upvote 2

I would gladly be a part of this. In my first stint on here, I was part of an org that basically functioned as a newb org. I couldn't afford a private gym, but I still managed to have a couple champions in that org and even had a pretty cool competitive rivalry for one of my fighters.

Then the org went out of business and my fighters sucked as soon as they got into other promotions. I was definitely was enjoying the game, but between my fighters suddenly losing and college distracting me, interest faded.

I left with a respectable 36-20 record and then when I came back I immediately went on a 10 fight losing streak in my first 10 fights back. So something like this would definitely lower the barriers to entry and enjoyability. There are some challenges with how to run an org like this.. but we can discuss that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alfred said:

Might see some more older and aging fighters get picked up by new managers that way instead of ending up as spar bots in private gyms.  

One of the very things I'm hoping for.

I'm also putting together a focus group of managers who use public gyms. Hoping to see what input they can provide since I haven't used a public gym in forever. 

On 4/15/2021 at 11:46 PM, JudoJoker said:

I would gladly be a part of this. In my first stint on here, I was part of an org that basically functioned as a newb org. I couldn't afford a private gym, but I still managed to have a couple champions in that org and even had a pretty cool competitive rivalry for one of my fighters.

Then the org went out of business and my fighters sucked as soon as they got into other promotions. I was definitely was enjoying the game, but between my fighters suddenly losing and college distracting me, interest faded.

I left with a respectable 36-20 record and then when I came back I immediately went on a 10 fight losing streak in my first 10 fights back. So something like this would definitely lower the barriers to entry and enjoyability. There are some challenges with how to run an org like this.. but we can discuss that.

Yeah, I'm hoping that it helps some guys stick around. It'll be a very slow process, but that's not a problem. I'm not trying to compete or make cash anyway.

As far as there being challenges, I'm not concerned about them at all. I don't have to worry about cherry picking or can crushing or politics. That's the beauty part about all of it.

• Upvote 2

I think a big part of this is orgs just wanting to keep the best fighters with high hype. 

I mean, I can understand the top 3 unrestricted ID orgs such as GAMMA specifically explaining you must maintain a certain rank (top 1000 or 2000 I can't remember) and they pay top dollar $ but to have restricted or "softer" orgs cut losing fighters is such a slap to the face to new or casual managers it kills the game at it's base. Considering those low rank fighters never stood a chance against elite (1-0 / 0-1) projects that are fast learners and spent their first 6-9 months "cooking". 

This is where matchmaking needs to be responsible and not just look at Hype or ID when booking fights but also at manager skill and actual primaries. 

sparbotting also kills the game, all managers should fight their sparbots at least on a softer org.

Orgs like SMASH did a fantasic job of properly matchmaking, at FARTMMA I also only pitted elite vs elite and noob vs noob and noticed a lot of managers avoided it because it simply meant they were gonna have to eat a few L's to get to the top. 

hope this org works out, in the end matchmaking and keeping all fighters that still want to fight while hiring newer ones that will offer fair competition makes the difference.

• Upvote 4