KT Grand Prix Interest

I've been thinking about this for awhile... Really a bunch of different ideas i've been throwing around out there. Obviously, as some know, I have too much going on in my personal life to make a permanent return to running an org. As much as I would love to I know there's gonna be weeks where things snowball for me and this game will be pushed to the back of my mind. However, my interest in developing the KT side of the game has never waned... 

I've been throwing out ideas like

Non-org associated Kickboxing Grand Prix - This one is a lot more simple than the net... Basically just fishing for interest here. If I were to create a KT Grand Prix org and run tournaments once every three months or so...

What would the interest be?

Would it be open weight or based off a few weight divisions?

Would it be Open or ID restricted?

Doing these periodically would give me the freedom to work on one when things are not so hectic and then wait awhile until the next one when things get rough.

Basically it would be an 8 or 16 fight tournament based on the interest and if it's division based or open weight, there would be write ups for each round, a loser's bracket and substantial prizes for the winner(i'm thinking 1 million to the winning manager's account atm and 500k to the runner up, third place... get's a coupon to Arbys or something idk). When each tournament concludes... Everyone can go back to their MMA or KT orgs and I will hibernate for a minimum of maybe three months. That's a year in-game so it can be considered a yearly tournament like K1.

If I can get Syn Kickboxing and 8 Limbs on board to allow their fighters to compete, as well as the big MMA orgs... Then this could be the first and only time in the history of the game that potentially top MMA fighters and KT fighters end up in the same tournament.

To me at least... Bragging rights and the storyline aspect of it is the most interesting reason to do this and hopefully the top managers feel the same and are willing to give it a try. It really doesn't hurt a top P4P MMA fighter to lose a KT fight... but vice versa... If a top 100 MMA fighter beats the P4P KT fighter(and vice versa)... the bragging rights in-character and out would be well worth it. Now the biggest hurdle in the past was MMA orgs not wanting their top guys gone for a extended period of time but that was having fighters compete in kickboxing frequently... if we're talking about a single tournament... with 3-4 rounds... then that is a month tops(especially if Mike erases the injuries for each bout to make this happen) which isn't really that bad for one time thing(for most fighters).

• Upvote 2