What's left to fix before we "go live"

MMATycoon

I feel the bigger the gym the more maintance. There is no advantage or disadvantage to having a gym with a capacity of 5000. I understand the 10 or 12 trainer max but if we rated gyms and it might be good for fighters to see how many people are training with a coach at any given time. All bsns's in MMA should have the same max potential for profits or people will go after the most lucritive bsbs and not the others that the game still needs to work. That being said, It should be easy to start a bsns and break even. it should be month or so before it is a little profitable, and should a coulple of months to do well. The time line might be off but should be fair so new bsns after the game goes public old bsns and new bsns don't explode to quickly. ( gladiator, :rolleyes: ) maybe to grow you need to build additions to your gym, put money into research or buy new technolgy, elite trainers find you if you have x members, you have to pick from a pool of trainers not build your own. Alliances between bsns's like gym's and clothing line, or clothing line and org. They can pool X amount of money and split profits. hope this was not to confusing.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not even thought about it to be honest. All I'm doing at the moment is re-writing stuff like training and the way that fighter records are displayed to make them faster. Anything cosmetic that takes more than about 10-15 mins is not going to get done any time in the next coulpe of weeks. The to-do list is over 350 points long. Stuff that's broke is first, then stuff that NEEDS improving for site performance, after that it's stuff that brings a lot of value to all users, then after that stuff like this that are a big help to some users.

If this already exists somewhere I cant find, I apologize.

As a fight org owner, I'd love to have an actual numeric value for hype + pop [or for either, really] for many reasons. Not the least of which is being able to calculate the advertising needed to host events.

Based on your last post, this would probably settle in the mid-300s to your to-do list, but I think it would be a very helpful tool.

Thanks -- this is a class operation and I wish it nothing but great success.

If this already exists somewhere I cant find, I apologize.

As a fight org owner, I'd love to have an actual numeric value for hype + pop [or for either, really] for many reasons. Not the least of which is being able to calculate the advertising needed to host events.

Based on your last post, this would probably settle in the mid-300s to your to-do list, but I think it would be a very helpful tool.

Thanks -- this is a class operation and I wish it nothing but great success.

what for honstely? you have the list of fighters ordered by hype/pop. thats a luxury we can really work around for now ;) ... other luxuries like some order with the contract-lists (bit annoying finding guys in the contract-lists with about 100 fighters) or mass-mails or enegery-bars directly in the list should be higher up on the wish-list. but the master is working like crazy to fix the important things first. luxuries we dont really need godda wait, which im fine with :P.

Numeric values for hype and popularity is not something I want to do. Look at it this way - can you give me a value to 2 decimal places of how popular Randy Couture is in terms of attracting fans?

No, because it's not an exact science. Within the game obviously there IS an exact value for this but I don't want people to get obsessed by a minute detail like 1 point here or there. You can see the broad value for it, which I think makes it more like real life.

By the way, lots of the points on my endless list are small things. Like I've done 2 or 3 today which were just speeding up pages by changing the way they read stuff. Like you'll notice that all the fighter and manager profiles and the spoiler page is a lot faster in the last day or so.

Numeric values for hype and popularity is not something I want to do. Look at it this way - can you give me a value to 2 decimal places of how popular Randy Couture is in terms of attracting fans?

No, because it's not an exact science. Within the game obviously there IS an exact value for this but I don't want people to get obsessed by a minute detail like 1 point here or there. You can see the broad value for it, which I think makes it more like real life.

By the way, lots of the points on my endless list are small things. Like I've done 2 or 3 today which were just speeding up pages by changing the way they read stuff. Like you'll notice that all the fighter and manager profiles and the spoiler page is a lot faster in the last day or so.

Legit points, boss. I was only interested in these numbers in terms of calculating advertising for events.

Thanks for the quick response.

Any way we can make old companies that are defunct just disappear?

I noticed a few with the big hand image saying it doesn't operate any more, but in terms of the long range "clutter factor," it would be nice.

Plus, when viewing a region from highstreet it can be a bit misleading about what is really going on in that region.

Just suggestions.

Thanks.

What the . . . ?

I can't seem to find it now. I remember clicking on a company [maybe through a fighter's page, perhaps?] and seeing the giant black hand with a little note saying the company is no longer active.

All the high street links seem to lead to organizations that are somewhat functional.

False alarm I guess . . . .

Thanks for following up.

Where are you getting links to dead companies? The only place should be fight commentary (sponsorships).

i get them when i look at the managers profile under created blah co on 1-1 09 and click the name then i see the talk to the big black hand pop up but thats the only time i have seen them