What's left to fix before we "go live"

MMATycoon

OK, the main thing that we're currently working on is completely re-doing the way that the training script runs. Nothing will change regarding the actual training, it's just the way that we run the script.

At the moment we have 1800 fighters and it takes 14 minutes to run training. We need to get that down to like 2 minutes tops because at the current rate, if we got up to e.g. 30,000 fighters, it would take about 2 hours to run the training script and during that time it basically pwns the server. So as I say, we're totally re-writing it, which obviously takes a bit of time. I'll keep you updated but that will prob take a week (all being well) because I need to test it out properly on the test server to make sure it won't unleash havock on the proper game. This is the job of my main programmer pretty much full time starting Monday until that's fixed. After that we'll make sure training works well then have a look at how many more bugs need fixing and take it from there.

Other than training there are a few smaller bugs left but nothing that hampers the game too much (although obviously all bugs will get fixed as soon as possible anyway). So we'll keep trying to increase user numbers at a slow but steady rate (about 20-30 per day at the moment) and will probably stick up a few little links on sites to maybe get that up to 50 per day. That should keep everyone's businesses ticking over. During this time I'll be working on some improvements - primarily I'm working on a scouting tool which will be like a pre-fight tale of the tape comparing your guy vs potential and booked opponents featuring energy / skill / rankings / record comparisons etc with a load more little indicators, which will be a VIP feature. It's going to be pretty sweet and should be done in about 3 working days. I will also chip away at other little bugs that are within my programming skillset but my main programmer has to deal with the more complicated ones :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say one thing that should change for sure, maybe even tonight, is your sobriety level

have a few on me Mike, cheers m8

I'm happy with everything you have added lately, and I know you have a list, so I'm happy as a sneezing unicorn

wow, usually the guy is the one to roll over and fall asleep

how about working out some form of company to company sponsorship, or a way to give money to another company. Boon and I are a team, but there is no real way for me to pay him, cept buying clothes

Company to company funding is not something I'm massively keen on. I want there to be as level a playing field as possible and obviously if guys team up then it makes it hard for startup businesses to get their foot in the door if other companies are sharing around their finances. It's not set in stone though so we'll see how we go.

Other than training there are a few smaller bugs left but nothing that hampers the game too much (although obviously all bugs will get fixed as soon as possible anyway). So we'll keep trying to increase user numbers at a slow but steady rate (about 20-30 per day at the moment) and will probably stick up a few little links on sites to maybe get that up to 50 per day. That should keep everyone's businesses ticking over.

If you are looking for some more players I can make a thread on the forums I am involved with here in Australia, we are the 2nd largest gaming network in the country and I know we have a few MMA fans :) Let me know if you want me to go ahead with it.

If you are looking for some more players I can make a thread on the forums I am involved with here in Australia, we are the 2nd largest gaming network in the country and I know we have a few MMA fans :) Let me know if you want me to go ahead with it.

Well, if you can PM them then that's all good, just let them know not to post anywhere public yet... I just don't want it to get out of control basically. If we got in e.g. 2,000 people tomorrow I reckon that it would break training.

Feature Requests:

- Visual cue on promoter "fighter list" page to show what fighters already have fights/fight offers.

- Some kind of text box for Gym managers to write in 'suggested' sparring sessions for MT, boxing, sub, wrestling.

- Some kind of feedback or repot on who showed up to sparring and what the average 'quality' was.

These are small features I think will go a long way towards helping cope with the increased player load.

Looking forward to it!!!

On the Tycoon Assistant is has a misspelling, "Submission Defence" (/defense).

I refuse to play a game with defense spelled wrong... it's unjust I say!

(other than that I'm good)

Crazy American way of spelling...

i am still unable to throw away unwanted supplements from the possessions page. :)

not sure if that was on your list. :mf_popcorn1:

Curious as to why you would want to throw away a supplement?

I still have 1 or 2 units from when I just started and didn't own a nutrition company and I don't mind using them since I bought them + I can see how they compare to my own. (but i certainly would'nt bash them if they were crap or promote them if they were ok) I'd rather use my own knowing the quality and it is quite a gamble using someone else's but since I already bought them I might as well use them as an experiment. May come back to bite me in the ass though.

EDIT:didn't think about the fact that maybe you found out they were poop, is that why?

Curious as to why you would want to throw away a supplement?

I still have 1 or 2 units from when I just started and didn't own a nutrition company and I don't mind using them since I bought them + I can see how they compare to my own. (but i certainly would'nt bash them if they were crap or promote them if they were ok) I'd rather use my own knowing the quality and it is quite a gamble using someone else's but since I already bought them I might as well use them as an experiment. May come back to bite me in the ass though.

EDIT:didn't think about the fact that maybe you found out they were poop, is that why?

Cause when the supplement over...then you can't throw it away...it stays with "0 days" use.. :D

show how many guys are currently using each coach per week, not every day so you know not to train with them, but if a lot of guys are training striking a week, I want to grapple

Las Vegas is the most populous city in the state of Nevada and an internationally renowned major resort city for the gaming industry, shopping, and entertainment. Las Vegasis billed as The Fight and Entertainment Capital of the World.

just a space sir, on the Vegas Highstreet