Fighter got cut TKOd, rocked in 4 punches - terrible cut hidden?

jkawell

I ran a QFC fight for Darrel "The Barrel" Johnson here (on the left):

https://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1052836

Hidden shows up with "KO Power" which is obviously great! Then the fight happens, and he gets it a total of 4 times and loses due to a cut TKO and gets rocked in the process.  Me thinks he's got an absolutely terrible cut hidden and probably a really bad chin too. 

He had Useless BJJ/wrestling/GnP, but Wonderful striking defense.  How much do those values factor into the cuts?  Should I expect him to keep getting cut easily even if I train those all up?

Only Defensive Grappling protects against GnP, which uses Wrestling as a Primary as far as I know. Your opponent probably had 12 in both GnP and Wrestling while I'm guessing you had somewhere around 5 in Defensive Grappling, so I wouldn't be quick to judge hiddens based on just this fight.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

based on that fight and who he was fighting i would recommend as total bin job mate

I guarantee you will not win many fights with this one unfortunately

Can do well managing fighters that get cuts but they need other strengths that your guy definitely doesnt have ( one of them is a granite chin) although getting ground and pounded doesnt necessarily mean chin is garbage

I just had a look at your manager page and you are just starting so Theres nothing wrong with using him to test your sliders and ask questions here , use him like a crash test dummy to practice although if you are just going to fight qfc for now then may as well change him out

• Upvote 2

Gator's correct. Given that your fighter has 12 striking defense, along with your opponent popping inexperienced, it can be pretty easily surmised that it doesn't take a ton of KO Power to knock your guy out. WIll be real, real tough to win a ton of fights with this guy long term, regardless of how good your tactics are

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, jkawell said:

FWIW, I had another fighter with a similar situation but had "good chin" show on ToT and got spinning backfist KOd on 5 punches.  I'm guessing this is a bit of an anomaly though, being that it was a spinning backfist.

yeah i think there might be a good spread on what is a good or solid chin + all the other variables, i have had good chins seem to walk through punches and good chins that get slept too easy

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jkawell said:

FWIW, I had another fighter with a similar situation but had "good chin" show on ToT and got spinning backfist KOd on 5 punches.  I'm guessing this is a bit of an anomaly though, being that it was a spinning backfist.

Not really - skill disparity plays into strike damage, so your useless/abysmal 18 year old wrestler getting quickly ko'd by a useless/wonderful 25 year old striker isn't anything unexpected.

• Upvote 3

On 7/14/2021 at 10:08 AM, Xyel said:

Not really - skill disparity plays into strike damage, so your useless/abysmal 18 year old wrestler getting quickly ko'd by a useless/wonderful 25 year old striker isn't anything unexpected.

Hmm, well maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to cut my fighter from my original post. ?

Thanks for pointing that out.

Crazily enough, I created another fighter with the same name, tested him out (great learner again), and put him up for a QFC fight and literally got the same opponent with the same ToT "KO Power":

https://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1053882

He got taken down and submitted in 22 sec, but at least he was able to take a GnP shot without getting rocked or cut.  It still shows that same guy with seemingly average chin had a better chin than my guy though.   I guess you can't get too picky, he's a great learner with KO Power and decent confidence (only lost 20% morale on that 22 sec submission). I'm gonna keep this iteration of Darrell "The Barrel".