Arena requests

MMATycoon

Yeah, a 1500 and maybe 2500 in Helsinki would be nice; the 1K, 2K and 3K are booked way in advance...I had to go into July in order to find a Saturday open, which I booked every Saturday in July for 1K and a couple 2K's... Sorry Helsinki org owners, I knew If I didn't, I wouldn't get it later on!

Yeah, a 1500 and maybe 2500 in Helsinki would be nice; the 1K, 2K and 3K are booked way in advance...I had to go into July in order to find a Saturday open, which I booked every Saturday in July for 1K and a couple 2K's... Sorry Helsinki org owners, I knew If I didn't, I wouldn't get it later on!

The competition for arenas in Helsinki is pretty intense. I'm almost booked up to August there, myself. I had to start booking Saturdays way in advance before I started getting any decent arenas.

The competition for arenas in Helsinki is pretty intense. I'm almost booked up to August there, myself. I had to start booking Saturdays way in advance before I started getting any decent arenas.

I agree; that's why I think Helsinki could strongly benefit from 1500 and 2500 arena's. There are a number of fight orgs in Helsinki that can easily host events in the 1K,2K and 3K arenas, however can't do to the fact that they are always booked. I know the new system allows for cheaper cost during the weekdays, but Saturday is still most popular regardless.

i personally wish you could get super arenas in every city i would definatly think it would be nice to not have to find a whole new roster to put on a show just for your roster is there any chance of this happening I am really hoping for like a 50k arena in montreal and a 100+ arena in all citys

i personally wish you could get super arenas in every city i would definatly think it would be nice to not have to find a whole new roster to put on a show just for your roster is there any chance of this happening I am really hoping for like a 50k arena in montreal and a 100+ arena in all citys

what are you talking about, you don't even own a fight org.

What on earth is wrong with mid-week? Do I have to make it twice as good as weekends before anyone uses it :bangin:

Hey, I have been using Mondays and Thursdays for a few months now. I love it, a lot less competition and now cheaper arena costs.

• 8 months later...

Since everyone seems to be completely in favor of abandoning realism, perhaps Rio and Sydney are going to have the same energy loss for flights as every other city. Cities don't have indoor mega-arenas, short of Tokyo. Are we then proposing winter events in an outdoor mega-arena in Montreal, New York, or Helsinki? Seems silly. Cities should be constricted to the real life arenas they would have access to. If weather supports a year-round outdoor arena, so be it. Rio, Hilo and LA are probably the only cities who could host year-round outdoor events. Tokyo has an indoor mega-arena in real life and in game.

• Downvote 3

In that case, all cities should also be equidistant from one another. Doesn't make sense for cities like Sydney to be isolated so it's tough for fighters to go there. Let's just merge all the cities into one big massive city!

Edit: Gable beat me to it.

Anyway, when I asked Mike about a 50k arena in Hilo back in the day, he said he plans to keep the only the two big arenas. That's why Ascension was based in LA in the first place, to be able to throw some big shows without asking the fighters to move around. I do think cities need more than a 12k arena max though. Each city should at least have one arena within the 15-20k range.

About realism, if theres fighting p4p 1,2 and 4 on same card, still card wheres fighting main event p4p top 30 guys sells more ppv and gets better rating, ´cos they fighting bigger arena, in my opinion its unrealistic also...

I attended UFC 111 with GSP v. Hardy. GSP was the unquestioned #1 p4p fighter. Hardy was a top 3 or 4 WW at that time. In attendance, it was an utter snoozefest. Despite a tremendous main event on paper, the "event rating" was lacking. P4P ranking is not the only factor for PPV sales and event rating.

As for attendance/arena size effecting event rating, it makes complete sense. The more people that see the event, the higher the event rating. 5000 people seeing the worlds greatest event is going to create some buzz; however, 45,000 watching a very good event will create much, much more.

• Upvote 1

I attended UFC 111 with GSP v. Hardy. GSP was the unquestioned #1 p4p fighter. Hardy was a top 3 or 4 WW at that time. In attendance, it was an utter snoozefest. Despite a tremendous main event on paper, the "event rating" was lacking. P4P ranking is not the only factor for PPV sales and event rating.

As for attendance/arena size effecting event rating, it makes complete sense. The more people that see the event, the higher the event rating. 5000 people seeing the worlds greatest event is going to create some buzz; however, 45,000 watching a very good event will create much, much more.

Not with PPV added its all a moot point. 200,000 buys equaling well who knows how many possible on lookers is way bigger than any arena, this isnt the early 1900s.

We,re not ready to run a mega arena, but IMO every city needs an arena ala LA's 90k arena. Its only fair. Props to Vince on his mastery of the big arena. Now he has paved the way its only fair that everyone have the chance at an arena that size. Since the rating is tied to the arena size its only fair that way. Otherwise LA orgs have a HUGE advantage. Wasnt an issue before but it is now.

• Upvote 1