How do you run a org?

Skenoj

On 9/29/2021 at 8:26 AM, Skenoj said:

what scripts do you use to make event/s? 

how do you make fights? based on ranks, hype/pop or style?

what's your tip to make a good run with a org?

No scripts. I could probably create some automation to make it easier but I'm busy enough at work. RIP my write up auto generator haha.

I match guys off of a win Vs guys off of a win. None of this Max Holloway or Robert Whittaker shit where you give them all your top contenders even though they aren't going to fight for the title. The whole goal of the matchmaking imo is to build challengers for the title. Hype/pop obviously make a difference, but if all the top guys are off a recently loss and there's someone who's been fighting good guys and 3-0 but with no hype, I'll make that happen. Fresh challengers for title winners makes a big diff. Storytelling does too. A big one for me is Sonatane Veainu who's my LHW champ has lost multiple times to a top fighter Murtaz Vatsadze. Murtaz fought the previous dominant champ FOUR times, and lost every one. Sontatane just beat that champ twice in a row. Now we're in a situation where Murtaz might FINALLY be able to win a title. He's already beat the champ 3 times. He's the massive favourite and he's been so gatekept by the former champ that he couldn't just get his hands on the gold. At the same time, Sonatane is the king now. He's the best. And there's a man walking around with 3 wins over him. The champ has a true story of still managing to be the underdog. A chip on his shoulder with someone claiming to be better than him. Little stories like that are important, especially at the top of the card. Style never comes into it at all. That's for the managers to decide. Sure, Adam Shalashaska Vs Noel Diaz sounds like a fucking banger of a fight, but for the most part I just match deserving guys Vs deserving guys and it's for the managers to decide if that's a worthwhile and good fight for them.

My tip? Just get to know the fighters and managers. Olan Johnson is only 4-0, managed by Scott Bandz. But he's fucking HYPED to manage him and loves his time in Highland so far. I know he's got killer knees and has already picked up two bonuses in his two Highland fights. Will he win the title and be a legend? Who knows. But I want to get to know everyone cause the managers will stick with you. Also, don't worry too much about the manager's rep. Sure everyone knows Arcalimon now, but they didn't back in 2014 with Highland Games. I for sure didn't know Taina Valkoinen, Matheus Silveira or Steven Armstrong but now they're as much of a part of Highland as I am.

Yeah...I like running an org haha.

• Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

No scripts. I could probably create some automation to make it easier but I'm busy enough at work. RIP my write up auto generator haha.

I match guys off of a win Vs guys off of a win. None of this Max Holloway or Robert Whittaker shit where you give them all your top contenders even though they aren't going to fight for the title. The whole goal of the matchmaking imo is to build challengers for the title. Hype/pop obviously make a difference, but if all the top guys are off a recently loss and there's someone who's been fighting good guys and 3-0 but with no hype, I'll make that happen. Fresh challengers for title winners makes a big diff. Storytelling does too. A big one for me is Sonatane Veainu who's my LHW champ has lost multiple times to a top fighter Murtaz Vatsadze. Murtaz fought the previous dominant champ FOUR times, and lost every one. Sontatane just beat that champ twice in a row. Now we're in a situation where Murtaz might FINALLY be able to win a title. He's already beat the champ 3 times. He's the massive favourite and he's been so gatekept by the former champ that he couldn't just get his hands on the gold. At the same time, Sonatane is the king now. He's the best. And there's a man walking around with 3 wins over him. The champ has a true story of still managing to be the underdog. A chip on his shoulder with someone claiming to be better than him. Little stories like that are important, especially at the top of the card. Style never comes into it at all. That's for the managers to decide. Sure, Adam Shalashaska Vs Noel Diaz sounds like a fucking banger of a fight, but for the most part I just match deserving guys Vs deserving guys and it's for the managers to decide if that's a worthwhile and good fight for them.

My tip? Just get to know the fighters and managers. Olan Johnson is only 4-0, managed by Scott Bandz. But he's fucking HYPED to manage him and loves his time in Highland so far. I know he's got killer knees and has already picked up two bonuses in his two Highland fights. Will he win the title and be a legend? Who knows. But I want to get to know everyone cause the managers will stick with you. Also, don't worry too much about the manager's rep. Sure everyone knows Arcalimon now, but they didn't back in 2014 with Highland Games. I for sure didn't know Taina Valkoinen, Matheus Silveira or Steven Armstrong but now they're as much of a part of Highland as I am.

Yeah...I like running an org haha.

I second just about everything said here.  ESPECIALLY the parts about knowing your owners, knowing what the fighters have done, might do, and what they're ready for.  Be on the same page and if that means checking with and talking with people directly sometimes as a "check-in", do it.  It's worth it.  You might be agonizing over whether a guy is ready for a title run or not, but his manager may have no interest and be content being a gatekeeper.  On the other hand, you may think that a guy is too low skilled and developing still despite their success and be reluctant to toss them to the wolves, but you may find the manager is totally for it.  Know your crew, they make your org.  

The stories def help too.  If you're going to write at all about the org (and I personally feel that that helps you know the fighters, so, see the first paragraph) then might as well have some fun stirring the pot and setting the stage, building the picture.  

I matchmake slightly differently than some or many orgs.  Occasionally, not often, but once in a while, I get shit for it.  But my personal opinion is that at a restricted ID level org, hype+pop means crap to me honestly.  Will I avoid throwing a Top 5 hype+pop guy at a lowly ranked, bottom of the division guy if I can?  Sure, if there are better options.  But better options to me mean fights that makes sense when it comes to comparable skill ratings, age, ID, etc. or a balance of those things.  I'll put a slightly more skilled guy who is 361k against a guy who is maybe 357k, but only if the skill rating seems to offset the imbalance in training time and he seems to have stepped up to the challenge and is ready.  It's a fine line to walk, again, you have to get to know the fighters well.  But a fight that I see as being hard to pick a winner is a perfect fight in my book.  Then again, I'm not so worried about making any $ with my org, so I can afford to shrug at matching hype+pop at times.  I've pretty much accepted I'm taking a loss, I don't care.  hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

To back up Hare's last paragraph about hype, if a manager says "This fight does nothing for my fighter" that's absolutely fine. Just because I don't mind the hype/pop too much doesn't mean they aren't allowed to. Ultimately that'll be what decides their contracts so it makes sense to get the best opportunities. I like the managers to take an interest in their fighters path, and for me to just give them the potential routes. Sure, it can get a little awkward sometimes and I've fucked up a few times. Coach Steve got promised a title shot for Ricky Thompson that didn't happen, as did someone else. But that's just my mistake and Coach Steve has went on to BIG shit since.

• Upvote 1

On 9/30/2021 at 1:30 AM, Zello said:

I'll be honest with you I don't fuckin know.

1632297324download%20(4).jpeg

I hope you're a quick study because it doesn't take long to drown in your game. I suggest you find an org mentor and comb through the forums. 

On 9/30/2021 at 7:28 PM, Zello said:

My main problem is recruiting fighters and then matchmaking. It's hard for me to find active dudes who want contracts for shit pay ? and if it's not that it's people going inactive or declining fights.

Matchmaking is the most difficult and time consuming part for me.

Contracts are the most meticulous, futile, and outdated process, but as far as actual brain effort, matchmaking can be a chore. Especially when people pick up FA's and change their name. Not always easy to remember which guys fought already after that happens.