"VFC - Official Smack Talk Thread"

sgtlee33b

image.png.b45d69e92e50d3153b29ece4cc5b28f7.png

Baysangur Usamov

VFC Middleweight Champion

(3-0)

Getting to know your Champions

Baysangur Usamov, Vandal Fighting Club Middleweight Champion and pride of Grozny. Thank you for taking the time away from training to talk with us. We just wanted to give the fans a chance to get to know you. If you're ready to start here we go.

First thank you for taking your time here we go. While you only have 3 fights in the VFC all three have been championship fights. You have dominated most of your fights, with only one fighter able to take you out of the first round. What is the secret to your success?

BU: “There is no secret to my success. It's plain old hard work every single day. I outwork everyone in the gym, and how you train is how you fight!"

You’re primarily a stand-up fighter with overpowering striking and accuracy. With none of your opponent’s having been able to take you down, do you still focus on your ground game in practice?

BU: "There's no need for a ground game when they can't take you down!"

We don’t know who your next opponent is going to be yet, but it will most likely be the winner of the Reuben Kennedy and Aahil Mohammad fight on the 12th. Do you have a preference on who you face, or do you not want to be on the shelf that long and take a fight against one of the Top 5 welterweights now?
BU: "Honestly I don't care. I'll beat anyone they put in front of me. I am a champion, I rule the middleweight division with an iron fist and I shy away from no man."

You are the #1 Middleweight on the Island and the #6 pound for pound fighter, do you think that puts added pressure on you?

BU: "There's always pressure when you go fight brother. I don't think much about it, I have confidence in myself, and I leave it all in the octagon so there is no regrets after."

You are a Mauy Thai expert that has been able to use the clinch to dominate all your challengers, do you focus only on that strength are as you fight more do you see yourself using more boxing and wrestling to keep your opponents on their feet?

BU: "You will have to watch me fight and find out!"

Any advice for up and comers and future challengers to your throne?

BU: "Yes, if you want to keep all your teeth don't do it. Stay in your place."

Thank you for taking the time and we look forward to your next belt defense.

BU: "It's been a pleasure; I look forward to spilling more blood soon."

There you have it fans, I will tell you Usamov may seem easy going at all the press meetings and prefights but man he is intense. He is one of our more accurate strikers, in his three VFC fights he has thrown 200 strikes landing 127 for a 64% land rate. If you look at those numbers it is crazy, he is throwing almost 66 strikes a fight, with one of his fights lasting 25 seconds and another 1:21 you can see he is beating people down with constant pressure. On a side note, he also averages one of the highest Fight Ratings with a average of 81.6%. We hope to get you some more interviews of our champs soon.  Hashmattula Hotek

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Karockas Thibodeaux

Karockas “Rockafella” Thibodeaux

VFC Light Heavyweight Champion

(5-0)

Getting to know your Champions

Karockas..first can do I call you Karockas or Rockafella or just Champ? I just wanted to give the fans a chance to get some of their questions answered before you go back knocking people out. Here are some of the questions we have for you.

Karockas: I'll respond to all three. Any Thibodeaux will tell me that they just call me Rock. Rockafella took off, when Baby Thibs seen my first fight and screamed out "Rocked Fella" and then it became Rockafella.

First thank you for taking your time here we go. You only have 2 fights in the VFC where you have dominated your competition. You have an upcoming fight against Olu Banjo who has yet to taste defeat. How do you feel going it the fight and any predictions?

Karockas: I'm doing the same as always, I'm constantly working in the gym to get stronger, faster, and more dominant. My prediction is that he goes straight to fucking sleep. Make sure you got a mattress and blankie ringside. He's going night night. Olu "Schlafen-Schlafen" Banjo

We went through tape of all your fights, and you have yet to make it out of the 1st round and have ended every fight with a knockout. What do you credit your success to? 

Karockas: Ring control, my gameplan, and that Secret Sippy from the Island Boys.

Going thru your fights, do you know that you have defended 87.5 % of takedowns against you. And even that 1 takedown did nothing. Do you still heavily train wrestling or fall back on your High School Louisiana All-State wrestling background and focus on other areas?

Karockas: If you don't use it, you lose it. I'm always working to be a better Rockafella. Never enter the same as you last left it is my motto.

Do you feel the added pressure of not only being the best fighter in Vandal Fighting Club but also the #1 Pound For Pound Champ on the Island?

Karockas: Of course, but pressure either burst pipes or creates diamonds, and I'm the crowned jewel of VFC.

Any advice for up and comers and future challengers to your throne?

Karockas: Watch out for that right knee.

Thank you for taking the time and good luck in your upcoming fight, we are anticipating hearing “AND STILL”.

Let me tell you, I know Karockas fights at 205, but his muscles have muscles it is crazy he has to walk around at about 230. We went back through the tapes to see if having all that mass impacts his cardio or fight style. But we can’t tell in his 5 fights he averages only 2:47 seconds. But what we can tell you is that he is highly efficient in what he does. He lands 87% of his clinches and have ended every fight that he has been able to clinch in with a knockout. He lands a staggering 87% of his shots in the clinch. It isn’t just that he is strong and accurate, he is durable, he has yet to be rocked in any of his fights. While he doesn’t throw the quantity of punches that some do, what he does throw is quality, what he touches he puts to sleep like Ambien. Beware challengers this champion does not nickel and dime you, he cashes fifties.

Hausmattulah Hotek

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sanka Coffee: Just days before his match Morton Masters has agreed to do an interview. So feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up it's MMA time! Welcome to the show Morton.

Morton Masters: Thanks I am happy to be here.

Sanka Coffee: so you finished your last opponent in the clinch cutting them up is that right?

Morton Masters: That is correct.

Sanka Coffee: Your next opponent is Jim Melamed making his debute. What do you know about him?

Morton Masters: Well he is a bjj brown belt and highly skilled on the ground and he likes to work in the clinch which is my game. If I had my guess he likes to use the clinch to try and pull guard and use his bjj.

Sanka Coffee: How do you see the fight going?

Morton Masters: Well I see him going for the clinch and pulling guard to use his bjj. I'm cool with the clinch because I'm a big time Muay Thai guy and I love the clinch. As far as pulling guard I don't see that working very well as I'm a pretty decorated wrestler as 2 time Division 2 NCAA champion so I would say I'm probably a guy that's hard to takedown. So I see me lighting him up in the clinch.

Sanka Coffee: What can we expect from you next?

Morton Masters: Well Sanka it's only my second fight. If I win I guess my renegotiation contract goes for more money to help train which rates at the gym just increased. Something about another coach coming onboard. The guy is suppose to be a master in boxing and Muay Thai. So renegotiate my contract and sign my next fight. If I lose renegotiate my contract and sign my next fight. Just hoping to continually get better and rise through the ranks.

Sanka Coffee: All right well thank you for coming on the show and want to wish you good luck on your match.

• Upvote 1

Slo Moegan: Here with Morton Masters tough loss tonight.

Morton Masters: Yeah as I stated we thought he would try and pull guard but we never thought he would actually land guard or a takedown against me so we didn't actually train for it. Otherwise I would have worked to get back to the feet.

Slo Moegan: Before that it was going your way.

Morton Masters: Yeah I mean only one of us looks like they were actually in a fight tonight. He won but he is going to have to take time out to heal.

Slo Moegan: So what is next for you?

Morton Masters: Well I'm sure I lost a little bit of money when renegotiating comes after losing but not much as I still displayed what I can do. But I figure I'll be back to fighting in 2 weeks if not before. Just have to talk with the guys at the gym and see what they think.

Slo Moegan: Well we look forward to seeing you fight again soon.

• Like 1

Sanka Coffee: Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up it's MMA time! Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the Sanka show. I have Morton Masters here with me.

Morton Masters: Hey Sanka.

Sanka Coffee: I hear you have a fight booked for the 26th against 2-1 Frank Costello.

Morton Masters: That's right. He's a technical striker with a chin of steel.

Sanka Coffee: Roomer has it even though you don't display it very often you are probably one of the most powerful guys in the division. Do you think you can crack that steel chin?

Morton Masters: That is a very good question. I might but I wouldn't count on it. I don't have to crack the chin to cut him up. Which between my power and Muay Thai skills I'm pretty good at doing. Heck my last opponent is still recovering from his cuts and he won with a quick submission victory. It doesn't take long before my Muay Thai does it's thing.

Sanka Coffee: I hear you have been a lot of extra work in the gym as of late on your punches and knees is that correct and how is that going?

Morton Masters: Oh yeah my punches and knees are coming along leaps and bounds. So it's going pretty well.

Sanka Coffee: Will we be seeing more of your punches and knees in this fight?

Morton Masters: I definitely plan on show casing more of it. I'm working on those hard for a reason so I definitely want to show what I have been learning.

Sanka Coffee: How do you see your fight with Costello going?

Morton Masters: Well I don't see it going the distance. I see the doctor's stopping it towards the end of the 1st round or midway through the second round.

Sanka Coffee: What's do you see for yourself after the fight?

Morton Masters: After Huygens loses to Melamed I see a quick turnaround fight for me and possibly with Huygens.

Sanka Coffee: Do you really think Melamed will beat Huygens?

Morton Masters: Yeah he beat me. So I think he can beat him as I think I'm better than Huygens. I think I'm better than Melamed too just went to the ground before I ended it.

Sanka Coffee: So if not Huygens than who?

Morton Masters: Anyone as long as I get in there again quick.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Slo Moegan: Ladies and gentlemen what a match! Give it up for your winner Morton Masters!

Morton Masters: Thanks Slo.

Slo Moegan: Coming off a loss against Jim Melamed how good did it feel to come in here and get the win tonight?

Morton Masters: You know it felt great what else can I say? And heard I retired the guy too so that's just a bonus in my book.

Slo Moegan: Many people were counting you out given Frank Costello's well established career in Muay Thai. Any extra satisfaction proving the haters wrong?

Morton Masters: You know I'd be a liar if I said there wasn't. Look at how many times he tried to break the clinch against me tonight. Got him in the clinch early and I think I showed everyone that they should fear my clinch game.

Slo Moegan: Rumors have it you have been working heavily on throwing knees in the clinch and working on your striking from both a distance and in the clinch and we saw a bit of that tonight. Any chance we will continue to see you start mixing it up more as your island career goes on?

Morton Masters: Yeah that's the plan really. I'm going to keep improving and showing what I can do.

Slo Moegan: What's next for you?

Morton Masters: You know anyone they want to put in front of me I'm good with. Would like to fight again in about 3 weeks from now to give myself a bit of time to catch up to some of these guys. Usually I get booked 10-14 days out so gives me about a week to train before I get matched with someone and you know a lot can happen in a division in a week on the island so no telling. But I'll be ready to cut the next guy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Slo Moegan: Ladies and gentlemen give it up for those 3 rounds of non-stop action and your winner by unanimous decision Morton Masters!

Slo Moegan: What's impressive is you look like you could still go another round or maybe even two out there and you smothered him with your pace. You threw 132 strikes out there in 3 rounds and still look like you have a bit left in the tank. That is like lightweight numbers not middleweight my friend.

Morton Masters: Yeah I knew against this guy I had to keep a good pace going. I mean he was 5-0 for a reason before tonight right? And I knew I had the power to get the knockout and the announcers did too. They were calling it before the fight. But I knew I had to take a bit off tonight and try to land as he's pretty good at my game and it showed I was going for accuracy and look at how much he made me miss here tonight yall. Give it up for Jorma White!

Slo Moegan: You did end up cutting him.

Morton Masters: Yeah I did a lot later than I wanted to and you know I'm a cutter. So I didn't cut him as bad as I wanted to.

Slo Moegan: What's next for you?

Morton Masters: I don't know I know the next few cards are booked. I took some time to train to try and catch up to some of these guys but I'm ready to get in here again soon. So find me someone.

Slo Moegan: You said you have been working on your punches and your knees and we would start to see more of those enter your game and we certainly saw those more tonight than in the past. You threw 23 punches and 14 knees tonight. Is this something you plan to continue to develop and do you plan to continue increasing your numbers in these areas?

Morton Masters: Yeah absolutely I am trying to show I'm a real striker not just a powerful one trick pony slicing everyone up. My punches are coming along, I'm learning to kick now too, my knees are coming along. So I'm getting better and Elite Island Gym has started hiring coaches that are elite level in multiple areas. And that helps big time.

Slo Moegan: If you could call someone out right now who would it be?

Morton Masters: Well all the guys below me either have a fight scheduled, are on the injured list for a long time or on vacation or I just beat tonight. The guys above me are either injured for a while, have a fight scheduled, or on vacation. So I guess I would say there is only one guy above me that isn't on vacation or has a fight scheduled but is on a longer injury wait than I would like to wait around for but I guess him as he's the only actual option I got right now, Aahil Mohammad.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Slo Moegan: Ladies and gentlemen I give you the winner by TKO in the very first round Morton Masters!

Slo Moegan: Walk us through the fight.

Morton Masters: Sure thing. Normally you see me being aggressive almost to the point of overly aggressive but this guy was a very talented wrestler and grappler. I didn't want to make the same mistake I made in the Melamed fight where I clinched up and went to town on him. Cut him early and hurt him bad then all of a sudden he jumps and pulls guard and I'm tapping out. So I stayed at range and used my wrestling to keep it standing while letting him step in range for my jabs, hooks, and crosses. I told you guys I have been working on that aspect of my game. Right here at the end I throw a jab and I notice he back paddles in straight line here fast as my shots have been being felt all night so he takes a couple quick steps back and I capitalize on that and throw a series of jabs and straights. First missed but hit him with the second and the third and the fourth which dropped him and then I stayed on until the ref came in calling no joy and it's all over.

Slo Moegan: You certainly did tell us you working on your punches. You showed us that with this win. So what is next for you?

Morton Masters: I don't know that is a good question. I'm sitting among the top of the division and coming off 3 straight I'd call impressive wins. So is our current 2 time champ. I'd love to get in there against him. You know see what I got. I mean you don't become a two time champion with successful defenses both time if you aren't good. He's known as one of the most technical hard hitting strikers in our division and in the entire organization. So I'm sure he has me in skill there but I'm known for my power and ability to open someone up. So I think it would be a good challenge and good to see what prevails his power and technique or my power and tenacity.

Slo Moegan: I think I speak for everyone when I say I'd pay to see that.

Morton Masters: Thanks Slo!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

D44426B7-E7B7-409A-BAA4-DF52987A2196.png.4efb343936ad6bad97da44e6f409832a.png

Karockas Thibodeaux: “Aye bitches... Daddy Thibbeth has truly enjoyed running the show here from fuckin’ day one but this is gonna be my last title defense after Ar-pussy-quez goes nite nite. What’s next ?! I’m going to Thibodeaux’s Rogues, no relation. Maybe I’ll find someone who can beat me…cause it sure ain’t as hell ain’t no one here at 205. Stay dangerous, my children.”

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

16386369376453.gif

Buzz Killer

"Just six measly days until I can put Rodrigo Bibirano to sleep. Just got back with my original manager, who dropped me like a sack of rotten potatoes for no apparent reason. 4 months ago. Maybe not the best move, but he buys me free beer. Let's just hope his unstable ass keeps me motivate, so I can get one last run in before this Island Season ends!"

MURICA!!!!

• 1 month later...

Team,

Congrats to all of you as the season comes to an end. We started out strong and you guys finished strong. There will be previews of all the tourney fights located here 

Stay with us over the next few days we have some exciting things coming as we transition off the island. 

Thomas