EA Sports MMA.

trailers always look good. i want to see actual gameplay footage of a complete fight (or at least a whole round)

I'm sure the gameplay engine is fairly similar to that of UFC: Undisputed.

If that's any good (I've never had a chance to play it), it's probably along the same lines. Unless EA Sports tried to do their own thing.

I'm sure the gameplay engine is fairly similar to that of UFC: Undisputed.

If that's any good (I've never had a chance to play it), it's probably along the same lines. Unless EA Sports tried to do their own thing.

i'm hoping they incorporated some ragdoll physics into it, for throws and takedowns and stuff, so it doesn't look like the same animation every time. and i'm curious to see how they work the control scheme.

I didnt like the trailer looks very bad. to me but strike force is starting to grow on me there fighters are great and a few of there guys like fedor would put ufc fighters out on a stretcher :injured: :injured:

If you go to the games actual website that video is on there in proper HD quality and the graphics look amazing, much better than undisputed.

http://mma.easports.com/home.action

From what i've read they are trying to do things differently from THQ. I liked undisputed but it did get a bit repetetive, the animations were all canned and the game heavily favoured ground fighting, it was to hard to keep it stood up or be effective striking imo.

I like the look of EA mma and to be fair to them they usually do the business with sports games.

ufc did the same thing over again fighting sytem was grappleing crazy the strikes were simple not like the ground barley could get a one punch ko with a real strong puncher

not enough emphasis on the straight right either. I see more fighters get rocked by straight right/lefts than any other punch. They were one sided with how they designed the fighters as well, no southpaws, they made it seem like Shogun and Sherk do nothing but shoot for takedowns, and gave Chuck WAY to much punch power, and when do you ever see Chuck do a Superman punch? Didn't like that they didn't give Tito his world famous elbows on the ground. Still can't figure out how some of these guys online are so fast with their subs. It doesnt matter what I do, those guys get the sub everytime.

The problem is everyone uses the controller excuse when they lose....i had a number of people say that i cheated and must have used a controller coz i got an early sub on them. It really isn't that hard if you use a technique that works for athletics games.

EA cut over 1000 jobs from the company recently.

Without the UFC's marketing machine behind it this game will only sell to HARDCORE MMA fans, the average fan and average gamer doesn't even know this game is in the works.

Undisputed was mediocre but it will likely still sell WAY more copies than EA Sports MMA. If only the 2 companies could get along (UFC and EA), we'd have a top notch MMA game with more depth to career mode and much less repetition.

The problem is everyone uses the controller excuse when they lose....i had a number of people say that i cheated and must have used a controller coz i got an early sub on them. It really isn't that hard if you use a technique that works for athletics games.

I Usually end up spinning the analog stick... at a snail's pace... and can still pull off the early subs. It all has to do with the gap in Stamina levels. If you still have a lot left, and they don't, you're gonna get the sub. I always see everyone mashing or spinning as fast as they can for subs, and I'm just not convinced it makes any difference how hard or fast you go.

I can't believe so many people on here are ragging on Undisputed. I thought, and still think, it's a fucking brilliant first attempt at an MMA game, and frankly, it could have been terrible given some of the past MMA efforts. No Southpaw's sucked, and guys having/not having moves they don't/do really use. I copped UFC when it came out, and I still play it daily. Me and my homies play UFC like it's part of a sparring regime. None of us wanna get soft on it and start getting whooped, so we practice everyday, and I still don't have the game completely mastered. Hell, they've had a Tournament for UFC: Undisputed in my city. And it was utterly hilarious to go up there and just Smash on some of these guys that thought they were slick on it. I expect the 09 UFC was a test run for future Games to be streamlined and detailed much more to perfection, and also a way to introduce the fighting system in a simplistic way, so that the players could get used to the basics of the controls before 2010 comes out and they really start to add features.

EA MMA does graphically look better... but I dunno. I read in the IGN preview that the Striking was a modified version of Fight Night Round 4.. I hate that game. It seems so slow and clunky after playing UFC.

Well i hope they change the control scheme cos i fucked up the pad that came with my ps3 on that game.

As for the UFC teaming up with EA well you obviously didnt hear what Dana White had to say on it:

apparently the UFC went to EA a few years back about a game and EA said it was far to brutal a sport and too 'underground' to ever succeed in the mainstream. White had some very choice words about EA that might lead you to thing he actually hates them, with a passion - apparently EA tired to come after THQ got the licence and muscle them out of it with a bigger money offer - White told EA where to stick it and stayed loyal to THQ.

Its out there if you google it but thats a basic summary of it....

I know all about the war of words between Dana White and EA sports but if THQ doesn't do something special soon they may not even be around long enough to make a second game. The whole reason the first one had no southpaws, clipping issues with Hair (thats why no long hair and no Clay Guida) and a less than stellar career mode was because THQ was on the verge of bankruptcy and couldn't afford any more delays getting the game into stores.

Undisputed saved THQ's life temporarily but a company can't survive on one hit, they will need another success to be able to keep making games.

If they go under there's not really anyone else out there making combat sports games, the UFC would have the choice between going to EA or using a developer like 2k sports who makes decent games but has never tried a combat sport.

I'm sure the problem between EA and the UFC can be solved with an apology and a sponsorship cheque. Look at Dana's about face with Affliction.

Money talks.

Care to share your success?

Success?

If you have a 360 (probably works ok PS2/3 as well) just have your left thumb across the X/A and your right thumb over Y/B and rock the pad back and forwards